Diablo® III

How do you all accumulate so much gold?

So it was suggested I farm act 3 inferno and I have. I even started doin this alkaizer run that was suggested to me from someone in the game (i have done other routes before the alkaizer) and I have found 0 legendaries 0 set in 10 hours of doing it straight. The blues and rares are aplenty, but no usesful mix of stat affixes. I have made probably 1 million today in vendor trashing, but AH prices suggest that it is quite possible to make tens of millions a day.

How do you all accumulate so much gold? Do you just diligent run the same route until a millionare item drops or what? I just see alot of bragging about making 15-50 million a day with only a couple hours of play and I am wondering if its my route or does MF gear carry that much weight or something.
Reply Quote
Auction House 3
Reply Quote
RMAH or get lucky with a drop. Even mediocre drops can sell for a couple hundred thousand, and it all adds up.

It's hard to believe you got 0 legendaries/sets after 10 hours, did it take you 10 hours to do 1 Alkaizer run?
Reply Quote
play and pray
rmah
rmah
rmah
rmah
Reply Quote
I understand the feeling, but it's all RNG. Today I went 7 for 7 on Alkaizer runs and got a legendary each time (6 legendary/1 set). That was a total of about 2-3 hours of work. Yesterday I played for about 4 hours and got 1 legendary. It's all a crap shoot and it's just how friendly the RNG wants to be.

Also, this was on MP0 as I was grinding exp.
Reply Quote
You are at the mercy of the RNG, so you just gotta kill as much monsters to get as many rolls as you can. You seem pretty strong so you probably want to move faster (24% movement speed... something cheap like 12% move boots and low lacunis will get you there) and don't waste too much time vendoring things or picking up useless things like blues or tomes. Could also get some MF gear.
Edited by ArchonWing#1480 on 11/18/2012 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
two night ago i was playing with a friend and found 3 legendary items and he found none in that time,,,the next day we played together and he got 2 in the depts alone and i didn't find any..its all the rng....I believe though that it either works in your favor or not, during each game almost like the rng has a rng that rolls your chance of items in that game

but to answer your post i started out spamming the search button looking for items of a particular type that was newly listed would spend 25k max and wouldn't buy it unless i could get 100k out of it... it was a pretty consistent gold income..I would sell 10 to 20 items a day...one night a fluke happened and sold 47 in 3 hrs but couldn't keep it up since was selling faster than i could buy. i only kept 40 items at a time to have space for game. since it is still profitable to do this i will only answer to the op in a private message what my glitch is...as i am sure many know but no need to spread it any thinner
Edited by magickman93#1338 on 11/18/2012 5:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
RMAH or get lucky with a drop. Even mediocre drops can sell for a couple hundred thousand, and it all adds up.

It's hard to believe you got 0 legendaries/sets after 10 hours, did it take you 10 hours to do 1 Alkaizer run?

probably did 25 or more runs of it.
Reply Quote
farmed for 10 hours without getting a legendary?

you're either farming horribly ineffieciently, have no MF, are lying or the unluckiest D3 player int he world
Reply Quote
But, yeah just trying to start accumulating alot of gold myself, but just been tough with the bad drops. I want to find or be able to buy some of that nice stuff to get up to soloing ubers with MP 1-5 and stuff like what alota people are apparently doing with their 170-250k dps characters. I might not be trying to AH the right things. I was under the impression that +Crit chance, +crit dmg, Attack speed, All resistances, Sockets, (Main stat for the class) were like top priority stats. I can usually find an item with 2 sometimes 3 of these (excluding the main stat as its almost always there), but even then I guess no one wants them at least at a 25-50k price range.
Reply Quote
farmed for 10 hours without getting a legendary?

you're either farming horribly ineffieciently, have no MF, are lying or the unluckiest D3 player int he world

Been doing what I saw on youtube as the alkaizer run.

From what I've seen you go to:
1. Core of Arreat
2. Tower of the Damned Level 1
3. Arreat Crater Level 2
4. Fields of Slaughter
5. Keep Depths Level 2
6. Keep Depths Level 3
Reply Quote
Grinding in the AH
Reply Quote
Items that used to be worth 30-50m are now worth 5-10m after 1.05, making the most efficient way to play the game is bot or AH flip for hours a day.

But if you just enjoy the game for the content you will progress very slowly while playing, expect 1000 hours to get anywhere.
Edited by iwonsch#1358 on 11/18/2012 5:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Try 400 hours without a Set item....im unlucky as hell
Edited by War#6490 on 11/18/2012 5:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Rey
you're either farming horribly ineffieciently

i seriously cannot understand this. does killing a mob in 10 seconds gets you a legendary or set as compared to killing a mob in 11 seconds? really...
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 05:29 PMPosted by pichapiegal
you're either farming horribly ineffieciently

i seriously cannot understand this. does killing a mob in 10 seconds gets you a legendary or set as compared to killing a mob in 11 seconds? really...

Not that hard actually... does killing an average of 10 mobs per minute gets you less or more legendaries as compared to killing 50 mobs per minute? really...
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Koric

Not that hard actually... does killing an average of 10 mobs per minute gets you less or more legendaries as compared to killing 50 mobs per minute? really...

Point is, speed makes zero difference. If two players kill 50 mobs each, one in 20 mins & 1 in 2 mins, there's no difference in loot

You kids have been brainwashed by your dingbat ustream heroes.
Reply Quote
Point is, speed makes zero difference. If two players kill 50 mobs each, one in 20 mins & 1 in 2 mins, there's no difference in loot

thank you otis. koric could have made it easier but he just had to be a smarty. shame shame shame
Reply Quote

Duh, and what do you think "farming efficiently" means as quoted? If you kill 50 mobs in (every) 20 mins during 10 hours, or if you kill 50 mobs in 1 min during 10 hours, don't try too hard, but just try to imagine maybe who would be getting more legendaries and what in the world could possibly mean to be "efficient".

Derp
Edited by Koric#1513 on 11/18/2012 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]