Diablo® III

How do you all accumulate so much gold?

You have 44 magic find AFTER paragon MF.

You'd have much better results if you got some more.
Reply Quote
You just gotta keep killing as many mobs as you can, as fast as possible. The drops will come. Currently, I run alkaizer runs on mp2 and find roughly 1 legendary/set per run. I still haven't hit the "lottery", but i've probably found a dozen legendaries that have sold for over 10m, some around the 45-60m mark like the IK helm I just sold this weekend.

Just find a comfortable mp level and play the game and try not to think about the drops. You'll have more fun and will be just as excited when you hear that tell-tale clang and that beacon of light shoots from the ground.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Buchsbaum
Best I found was an Echoing Fury that I sold for 6 million tonight. Today I have nearly 7 M and its the most I ever had in my stash. Overall I made little over 17M, which means that if I had never spent a single gold coin I'd still be unable to afford an IK chest. Meh.

seriously I just played my HC-Barb on inferno act1 mp0 with 18k dps with a whooping paragon lvl1 and no goldfind i know of on my gear. 2 hours -> 500k gold only from looting an vendoring.

If I'd played 3 hours a week since release that'll be 19mil gold without selling anything on the AH, without finding an upgrade for my crappy gear etc.
How casual can someone be?

I can be as casual as I want. How about that? I also didn't play for 3 hours/week since release. Stopped for about two months and played multiple characters. I'm not whinning about how much gold I have or how much gold people have. I just stated a fact. I'm also not asking for help. I know exactly how people amass billions of gold.
Reply Quote
Gold has been horrendously inflated due to bots. The only way to get a lot of gold is to find something that sells for a lot of that inflated gold, or to bot yourself.

Basically you get a ton of gold by finding something that, without bots, might have been worth 5 million or so but because of how inflated gold is, is now worth over 100 million.
Reply Quote
Been doing what I saw on youtube as the alkaizer run.

From what I've seen you go to:
1. Core of Arreat
2. Tower of the Damned Level 1
3. Arreat Crater Level 2
4. Fields of Slaughter
5. Keep Depths Level 2
6. Keep Depths Level 3

that's the run (minus keeps lvl 2, just use it for WP and run right down stairs), i am paragon 38, with no real extra MF except on my follower and get a legendary ~every 2 runs. your mileage may vary but after 1.0.5 they have really started to drop. If your paragon is above 15 or so even on MP 0 (I run MP 1) you should be getting some.
Edited by Merlin#1161 on 11/19/2012 7:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Been doing what I saw on youtube as the alkaizer run.

From what I've seen you go to:
1. Core of Arreat
2. Tower of the Damned Level 1
3. Arreat Crater Level 2
4. Fields of Slaughter
5. Keep Depths Level 2
6. Keep Depths Level 3

that's the run (minus keeps lvl 2, just use it for WP and run right down stairs), i am paragon 38, with no real extra MF except on my follower and get a legendary ~every 2 runs. your mileage may vary but after 1.0.5 they have really started to drop. If your paragon is above 15 or so even on MP 0 (I run MP 1) you should be getting some.

ah i see, didn't know we are supposed to skip depths 2 that will prolly increase my efficiency somewhat then. Followers MF carries over to you? time to get MF on my follower.
Reply Quote

ah i see, didn't know we are supposed to skip depths 2 that will prolly increase my efficiency somewhat then. Followers MF carries over to you? time to get MF on my follower.

no depths 2 is on the list then we have to add stoneford to it for key
Edited by magickman93#1338 on 11/19/2012 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
My problem is I wanna build strong characters in each class, so even when I find stuff I tend to keep it for an alt:)

Found a trifecta ring the other day, probably worth 100m.. but it's on my wiz now. Oh well, this is how I played D2.
Reply Quote
My problem is I wanna build strong characters in each class, so even when I find stuff I tend to keep it for an alt:)

Found a trifecta ring the other day, probably worth 100m.. but it's on my wiz now. Oh well, this is how I played D2.

what do you know someone that plays the game the way it was meant...
Reply Quote
View profile
I suspect that many (if not most) people with extremely high volumes of gold on their account play a LOT of hours in the game.... hence, they have gotten some lucky drops that they have turned around and sold for good amounts of money.

I suspect that most people (unless they've gotten a VERY lucky drop) don't have a lot of gold because it simply takes a lot of playing time to get the drops you need.

TL;DR: (for those of you that couldn't bother to read 2 short paragraphs) RNG favors those that play the game a lot. Those that play less need to get very lucky RNG to compensate for less playing time.
Reply Quote
bbboootttttt
Reply Quote
Play HC... The economy is great for several reasons:
No bots
There's an item and gold sink
Reply Quote
Maximum amount of gold i ever accumulate was 13mil, but is really easy, I make 1mil/hour average farming and selling some craps at the AH. But what will really help you at the begging is selling a gear with extra gold + pick yard radius. Those gears sells fast and for more than 1mil.
Reply Quote
i havent gotten a legendary in weeks and maybe 7-8 in 100+hr of play snice patch with mf swpa. none were gfg

RNG hates me. gotta dual weild 'em cards or luckbox it up
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 11:22 AMPosted by magickman93

Yessir.. although with the AH/RMAH along with the general rarity of useful drops, I do question whether this is how Blizzard 'meant' the game to be played, or how it ought to have been meant to be played..

In other words, as designed, this game almost inevitably leads players to at least the GAH. When I heard about the AH before release, I envisioned something quite different.

What if we could post items for *trade* to the entire community? What if you could message players and barter with them? As in "will you take 35m instead of your 38m buyout?" Selling and buying would be more fluid, and you could turnover more items in less time.
As it stands we are confined to spamming a few items to the 15-40 (or whatever) people who happen to be in your assigned trade channel. I mean, the GAH is an upgrade from the old way, which was largely posting in non-blizzard trade forums, or hoping to find someone in a D2 trade game, but I think they missed a big opportunity here. I was quite disappointed at the lack of sociability in this game.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Agamemnicon

Yessir.. although with the AH/RMAH along with the general rarity of useful drops, I do question whether this is how Blizzard 'meant' the game to be played, or how it ought to have been meant to be played..

In other words, as designed, this game almost inevitably leads players to at least the GAH. When I heard about the AH before release, I envisioned something quite different.

What if we could post items for *trade* to the entire community? What if you could message players and barter with them? As in "will you take 35m instead of your 38m buyout?" Selling and buying would be more fluid, and you could turnover more items in less time.
As it stands we are confined to spamming a few items to the 15-40 (or whatever) people who happen to be in your assigned trade channel. I mean, the GAH is an upgrade from the old way, which was largely posting in non-blizzard trade forums, or hoping to find someone in a D2 trade game, but I think they missed a big opportunity here. I was quite disappointed at the lack of sociability in this game.

One thing I liked about d2 trading was once it became about HR's the economy was somewhat stable.
Reply Quote
I sold my soul to the big D................
Reply Quote
two night ago i was playing with a friend and found 3 legendary items and he found none in that time,,,the next day we played together and he got 2 in the depts alone and i didn't find any..its all the rng....I believe though that it either works in your favor or not, during each game almost like the rng has a rng that rolls your chance of items in that game

but to answer your post i started out spamming the search button looking for items of a particular type that was newly listed would spend 25k max and wouldn't buy it unless i could get 100k out of it... it was a pretty consistent gold income..I would sell 10 to 20 items a day...one night a fluke happened and sold 47 in 3 hrs but couldn't keep it up since was selling faster than i could buy. i only kept 40 items at a time to have space for game. since it is still profitable to do this i will only answer to the op in a private message what my glitch is...as i am sure many know but no need to spread it any thinner

You know you are the definition of an AH flipper. Do you know how many people would hate you?

They bring market stabilization and buy my crafted wares extremely fast so I can go through more volume. Keep it up.
Edited by Bramapanzer#1443 on 11/19/2012 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]