Diablo® III

Best Hardcore Players

Best WD: Chaos
Best Barbarian: Protatoe
Best DH: Me
Best Wizard: Diamond/YOLO

Haha, no bias there? Pinky isnt even in the top 10 US for Heroscore, but i guess is like top 3 Paragon for DH's. Maybe the others dont play anymore..
Reply Quote
im top 50k =]
Reply Quote
View profile
Heroscore isn't the best indicator, you could have a guy that could get KO'd soon as the wind blows, or someone that just cannot die but hits like a wet noodle and have bosses enrage on you.

Best indicator is to just watch or see them play, how they survive, and what they bring to a team, because it's not always so direct.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 09:19 AMPosted by senorfiesta
geology I see you have only lost 2 wizards in Hardcore but no barbs ... what do you guys think will kill his barb? (This helps him as much as it hurts him btw)

To be fair, I've deleted the lag deaths though never did lose a barb. I really wanted to get to 60 with my barb cause I love the play style. What kept my barb alive to 60 was keeping my weapon and shield ugraded as much as I could afford, but also simply not skipping any content and replaying certain areas till I felt way over geared. I ran the crypts at least 5 extra times, same with any open areas and dungeons just before each boss. Places like: highlands to the halls of agony, ZK archives, crater. Running those a few extra times gives a chance at better gear and always more experience (in both meanings of the word).

What do I think would kill a barb? Not having enough all resist. As a barb, you need to be close to fight and that means standing in puddles of god-knows-what to get the job done. A barb does not "naturally" build up these resistances (as a WD would), so it can be easy to over look untill its too late. A quick search on these forums will give good guidelines of resistances for inferno acts, but I think its a good thing to start thinking about in hell as well. A good shield (high block, some all res) can work wonders as I mentioned before.
Reply Quote
I agree about heroscore not being very precise.. Especially for monks, as it doesn't count bonuses like OWE.

It's still very subjective. I do find the PVP dummy of better use.
You can find 3-4 millions EHP monks with 20k dps which will be first heroscore wise and have another monk having 2m EHP but 90k DPS.

IMO, the 2nd monk is a "better" monk.
Reply Quote
My barb's been alive for 800 hours and has gotten some pretty good gear ^^
Reply Quote
View profile
11/19/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Protatoe

Damn D:
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Protatoe

What MP levels do you farm?
Reply Quote

What MP levels do you farm?

Almost always mp4.. Its the lowest MP i can farm and keep berserker up full time without killing mobs too fast for tornados to give me fury
Edited by Protatoe#1870 on 11/19/2012 12:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Impressive. You didn't die to DC while you played 30h/week on that single barb char!

Do you play 60h a week? If we calculate the number of elite kill ratio you have total VS your barb only (800h), we're not far from 60h a week since launch.

You're almost paragon 100, good luck!
Reply Quote
View profile
@frosted: We need to get Protatoe to do some ubers with us... :):)/sneaky

I don't know Chaos but otherwise can vouch for nom's list.
Reply Quote
Haha yeah, would probably be able to do mp6 with him :)
Reply Quote
Impressive. You didn't die to DC while you played 30h/week on that single barb char!

Do you play 60h a week? If we calculate the number of elite kill ratio you have total VS your barb only (800h), we're not far from 60h a week since launch.

You're almost paragon 100, good luck!

lol I work full time but yeah I play way too much :( I have a paragon 50 monk too
Reply Quote
I've been alive since close to early release.

: ]

too lazy to level fast.

not enough luck to get super drops with and without magic find (300 base)
Reply Quote
Game requires no skill, all about stats

If you have the 100s of hours to put into this game u can be the best
Reply Quote
View profile
its a hack and slash....even pvp will be silly if you try to mention skill.

you want skill? go play an rts.

You've got a lot of dead characters to say the game has no skill.

If you can improve in the game and become more proficient in the gameplay, then the game has elements of skill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]