Diablo® III

NEXT UPGRADE FOR THE WIZARD ABOVE YOU PART 8

@proficient

1. new andy helm. they are cheap and you can get way less +fire dmg or STORMCROW for apoc
2. Hellfire ring because you are plvl1
3. amulet - work in all resist here maybe.
Reply Quote
@Scottw, there are a number of places to go here. I would be looking at a higher int / vit shoulders, or a socketed MH depending on your funds.

As for mine i'm currently running archon on mp5 without too many problems. I'm currently saving up for a 8+ crit chance neck with high CD, AS, and int. Obviously expensive but the more crit the better. Am I saving for the right thing?
Reply Quote
I'm pretty new to wiz and I don't know anything really when it comes to archon builds so if the next person could help me and Shaymous both out that would be awesome!
Reply Quote
@DickWhittman belt and amulet can upgrade cheaply, if you are gonna run shocknado you should look for more damage mitigation in the replacements.

@shaymous
lol i dunno, nice gear. you could almost get more damage out of zuni over tal's?
Reply Quote
@DonDraper - Hm for archon i'd get a nonapoc source! Pay like a 10th of the price for something 5x more DPS LOL! Or Depth Diggers a lot of int, sockets, life and 70-80AR|MF guaranteed

@Shaymous - Idk, prob a CC tals ammy like closer to 10%
Edited by LumiTKD#1135 on 12/17/2012 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ Lumi

Pretty sexy gear, but bit low on the CC for my tastes @ 46 via your profile.

Also, armor is bit low, can't run storm armor which is big DPS loss..

Anyway to work more Armor into build to lose energy armor? That would be my next issue to address with your build.
Reply Quote
@Boozor

It looks like there are a number of pieces you chose because of high AS/CC but low int. I guess you can try to work some more int into boots, gloves, or ring while maintaining AS/CC.
Reply Quote
@Boozor

It looks like there are a number of pieces you chose because of high AS/CC but low int. I guess you can try to work some more int into boots, gloves, or ring while maintaining AS/CC.

Your armor is non-existence. You can find it in chest/belt/pants/bracers. Triumvirate could use an upgrade.
Reply Quote
Hehe sure, I love MF :P
Reply Quote
@Inspy - I'm not sure, what you've got outranks mine far enough that it seems like you don't need to get much better. Great dps, solid survivability. Maybe replace something with a bit higher armor/resistance, but nothing huge.
Reply Quote
Cleros, more crit chance. Which is going to suck a bit cause all your pieces right now are decent.

You are at 2.7aps, the next breakpoint up is 2.73 and the one below is 2.5

I suggest you swap your lacunis for some rare bracers with 5-6 CC.
That will drop your aps to 2.56 so you will still be at the same breakpoint but will help a lot with your crits.
Reply Quote
Cleros, more crit chance. Which is going to suck a bit cause all your pieces right now are decent.

You are at 2.7aps, the next breakpoint up is 2.73 and the one below is 2.5

I suggest you swap your lacunis for some rare bracers with 5-6 CC.
That will drop your aps to 2.56 so you will still be at the same breakpoint but will help a lot with your crits.

That helm! Why anyone without the full Tal's set bonus uses the Tal's helm is beyond me.

Go Andy's for a more glass cannon build
Go Mempo for a more defensive build
Go Storm Crow for a APoC reliant build
Reply Quote
I am trying to be a CM wiz but I am really having problems locking things down on anything higher than MP7. I have been reading over the forums and I am not really sure what I need to change. Any suggestions on gear would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply Quote
@nio

I am pretty sure that you should pick coldsnap. Thats what I do and freezing everything is much more manageable.

Jesus you have a lot of vitality. holy hell. You should go with an AR tal rasha's persuit next.
Reply Quote
@Nio

You need some APC on your items (it doesn't look like you have any). I currently have 10 and can barely lock down elite packs. Im looking on increasing that to 20.
Reply Quote
@Nio

Oops. Nm, you do have some APoC on the wand. maybe look to get 10 more?
Reply Quote
@QuickPickle

Tal Rasha's Allegience. If you can afford. Besides being good, you'll get that 3% bonus to your main as well.
Reply Quote
@juice

Shoulders invest in a vileward, you will never look back. Upgrade gems to highest possible you can make.
start trying to improve your crit, but also try maintain the resistance.
Reply Quote
@Gandalf
Inna's temperance would set you up good. And maybe a triumverate to go with your black weapon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]