Diablo® III

New Hardcore

View profile
i've seen a lot of threads lately on how hardcore could be improved for newcomers and vets alike, and i know without a shadow of a doubt how. Blizzard should make a mode....where instead of permanent character death (something i and many others cannot deal with), there is a penalty, but you get to keep your character and their sweet sweet gear.

this is what i propose, instead of dying and losing everything, you pay a small "fee" of gold or something every time you die :D. perhaps your equipment would deteriorate slightly each time, thereby increasing the amount of this "fee" you would have to pay. this would cut down on losing good gear, and the frustration that comes with dying and having to relevel.

i think it would be perfect, it would create a stable economy we could rely on, while still remaining difficult. what do you think? :D.
Reply Quote
View profile
reserved for future satire :P
Reply Quote
Sounds like an excellent idea. And since this is hardcore and this new mode will be more forgiving, we can call it softcore.
Reply Quote
View profile
I think that you are on to something here, isolation. Do you offer relationship advice as well? I'm assuming you do. Here's my situation:

My wife likes SC diablo, I like HC. I f***ing hate her because of this and make her sleep in the shed outside, but we have lots of money, maybe even over $1000, in total assets. Also, I caught her banging the pool guy for the 17th time least week. She has promised not to do it again and has even offered to go to counseling. What should I do? signed: confused
Reply Quote
defeats the whole purpose of being hardcore. armor deteriorate?? won't stop us from buying new gear. Paying a small fee to keep yourself from death... hmmm pause and just think about it........

i would rather have the choice of loot corpse.

why don't we all just play softcore and just forget hardcore
Reply Quote
Not bad. I think the best mode would be one where Blizzards supplies their own Hero Editors so that everyone can have everything in the game and be completely equal. It will save everyone countless hours of farming, and fast forward D3 to it's "end-game" state without having to wait on the economy to work itself out to its "end-game" state where there are a seemingly infinite amount of good items for almost zero gold.
Reply Quote
I think that you are on to something here, isolation. Do you offer relationship advice as well? I'm assuming you do. Here's my situation:

My wife likes SC diablo, I like HC. I f***ing hate her because of this and make her sleep in the shed outside, but we have lots of money, maybe even over $1000, in total assets. Also, I caught her banging the pool guy for the 17th time least week. She has promised not to do it again and has even offered to go to counseling. What should I do? signed: confused

all this happened to you at the age of 17? is this the new generation..
Reply Quote
View profile
11/19/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Piev
Sounds like an excellent idea. And since this is hardcore and this new mode will be more forgiving, we can call it softcore.

see now were onto something :D

dear confused:

thats a horrible situation, if my girl played softcore id leave her faster than it takes me to level back to 60. (ie across a couple days and mostly with the help of friends). hope that helps your situation, dont take their immortal abuse any longer!

11/19/2012 12:57 PMPosted by MattNo5ss
Not bad. I think the best mode would be one where Blizzards supplies their own Hero Editors so that everyone can have everything in the game and be completely equal. It will save everyone countless hours of farming, and fast forward D3 to it's "end-game" state without having to wait on the economy to work itself out to its "end-game" state where there are a seemingly infinite amount of good items for almost zero gold.

ah nice i like this idea, but i dont like having to farm out 100 gold to be able to afford an immortal kings set, so (and i hope i am not taking too many liberties with your idea) perhaps we could just have a button, that you click and it makes you level 60 and gives you all the stuff you want without even trying :D, because you know, map and hero editors require learning something new and opening a seperate window
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 11/19/2012 1:11 PM PST
Reply Quote

ah nice i like this idea, but i dont like having to farm out 100 gold to be able to afford an immortal kings set, so (and i hope i am not taking too many liberties with your idea) perhaps we could just have a button, that you click and it makes you level 60 and gives you all the stuff you want without even trying :D, because you know, map and hero editors require learning something new and opening a seperate window

Pretty much exactly like I was thinking. I'm imagining a program like Hero Editor, Jamella, BoBaFeTT, etc. with a "Make Me 60 (100)" button. Then, all that's left to do is pick and choose your items from the Legendary/Set list while selecting the random/variable mods or create perfectly rolled rares from scratch. If you can't be bothered with all that work, you can even use the "m4k3 m3 a l337 500k DPS, 100 RES, 1000 ARMOR pwnz0r" button to make you a god among men that can die an infinite amount of times per game and nothing happens!
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Isolation
i know without a shadow of a doubt how.

What, doubts have shadows?
Reply Quote
View profile
11/19/2012 01:34 PMPosted by frosted
i know without a shadow of a doubt how.

What, doubts have shadows?

if you shed light on them :D
Reply Quote
I haven't eaten a taco in over a year.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]