Diablo® III

Why can't I?

Call me crazy but I have build ideas that use the same skill twice but with different a skill rune.

Why can't I?
Reply Quote
Well, I had some ideas about that too. But it might make the game too easy, and I don't have any more explanations :)
Reply Quote
Blizzard would be going crazy trying to stop the hundreds of op builds that would spawn from that idea.

But it would be fun as hell.
Reply Quote
View profile
Hoping Blizzard will say "call me maybe"
Reply Quote
people could use builds with 3 smoke screens or 3 preparations if that were possible. It would create too many op builds.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 04:09 AMPosted by Enveos
people could use builds with 3 smoke screens or 3 preparations if that were possible. It would create too many op builds.

Not a problem.

You could use smoke screen as many times as you want as long as you have the dis anyway.

If a skill has a CD as prep does then make it apply to all the preps.

Im talking more specifically about using bash with instigation and punish...Or HOA with smash and aonther with thunderstrike.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 04:21 AMPosted by steakncheese
5x Call of the Ancients. 1x Wrath of Berserker - Insanity! Personal barb army

How would you get the fury?
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:32 AMPosted by Saberfenix
Call me crazy but I have build ideas that use the same skill twice but with different a skill rune.Why can't I?

are u stupid? u couldnt think to yourself why this would be a bad idea ....really? no???

so are u saying i can cast 6 call of the ancients with my barb making me have 18 npc attackers all at once???

YES U ARE STUPID

Let me walk you through this......

Call of ancients cost this thing called fury......

Fury must be generated by using these things called fury generators.....

DERP!!!!....Sorry that was too soon.

Even if you used only 4 call of ancients the fury cost is so high you couldnt have more then 3 up at once anyway!!!! DERP DERP DERPADEEEEEEEEEERP.

Further more you cant have COA on left click. <---Bonus derp.

You sir are the stupid one.
Edited by Spaceghost#1311 on 11/17/2012 5:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Technically you could generate fury using the passive that regenerates it (forgot the name), but the cost would still be prohibitive and it would involve lots of sitting around, waiting for fury to replenish.
Reply Quote
This would completely break the balance of the game.
Imagine a Monk running around with 5x Serenity for unlimited god-mode.
The cost of casting is low and spirit is easily attained from simple attacks.

The only way this could work would be if upon using 1 skill...all skills of the same name go on forced cooldowns until that skill recharges. This way you can't stack Serenity but could instead choose which version was most useful at the time.
Reply Quote
Games are defined by their limitations. The limitations are arbitrary, and the specifics are developed after the limitations are established.

People are looking at this wrong. It's not like they first developed the skills, looked at them and said "hmm, having two runes of the same skill would be OP, better not let that happen", and then imposed this rule. They imposed this rule first, while brainstorming the game system, and wrote in skills afterwards, as they saw fit.

It's like asking "why can't you move left in Mario Brothers?" It's not like they built the levels and then said, "hmm, since there are so many hidden 1 ups, we better not let Mario move left to search for them thoroughly, that would be OP". They established the no move-back rule first as an arbitrary limitation and challenge that defines the game, and then designed the levels afterwards.

For a more relevant example, it's also like asking "why can't we put a ring in an amulet slot?" It's not like this would be OP, as rings are generally weaker than amulets. However, you accepted the arbitrary choice they made, that was not motivated by balance at all, that because this thing is shaped like a little loop and not a medal on a chain, you can't place it on that particular square that's near the character's neck. It's just an arbitrary choice that defines the game limits, and so is the no-two-runes rule.
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 11/17/2012 6:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Games are defined by their limitations. The limitations are arbitrary, and the specifics are developed after the limitations are established.

People are looking at this wrong. It's not like they first developed the skills, looked at them and said "hmm, having two runes of the same skill would be OP, better not let that happen", and then imposed this rule. They imposed this rule first, while brainstorming the game system, and wrote in skills afterwards, as they saw fit.

It's like asking "why can't you move left in Mario Brothers?" It's not like they built the levels and then said, "hmm, since there are so many hidden 1 ups, we better not let Mario move left to search for them thoroughly, that would be OP". They established the no move-back rule first as an arbitrary limitation and challenge that defines the game, and then designed the levels afterwards.

For a more relevant example, it's also like asking "why can't we put a ring in an amulet slot?" It's not like this would be OP, as rings are generally weaker than amulets. However, you accepted the arbitrary choice they made, that was not motivated by balance at all, that because this thing is shaped like a little loop and not a medal on a chain, you can't place it on that particular square that's near the character's neck. It's just an arbitrary choice that defines the game limits, and so is the no-two-runes rule.

1st. Thank you for answering my question.

2nd. Thanks for re-opening old wounds. I never got over not being able to go left in Super Mario Bros. To this day I hafto walk all the way around my house to get back to my living room becuase I can't turn around.

3rd. If I wan't to wear amulets on my fingers and socks on my ears YOU CAN'T STOP ME!
Reply Quote
Stupidest !@#$ing idea ever.

So I cast 5 sweeping winds, automatically deal 240% weapon to damage to anything even remotely close to me, and just walk around melting %^-* without even clicking. Riiiight, can't think of any reason why this isn't a good idea.

Before you go off on your "HERP it costs spirit to cast sweeping wind DERP," it costs me 5 spirit with 10 piece innas to cast sweeping wind, I have 150 spirit to start, and I'll be gaining 3 spirit every second thanks to Inner Storm rune.

Reply Quote

So I cast 5 sweeping winds, automatically deal 240% weapon to damage to anything even remotely close to me, and just walk around melting %^-* without even clicking. Riiiight, can't think of any reason why this isn't a good idea.

Before you go off on your "HERP it costs spirit to cast sweeping wind DERP," it costs me 5 spirit with 10 piece innas to cast sweeping wind, I have 150 spirit to start, and I'll be gaining 3 spirit every second thanks to Inner Storm rune.

Another moron to destroy....

If you cast sweeping wind over and over it would just refresh the current one.
So by casting a SW with a different rune then that one and only one would be the one in affect. Are your really that dumb to even attempt such stupidy?

SUPER DERPA FACE PALM.
Reply Quote
Serenity X5. yes please, by the time the first is off cooldown, it is ready to go again. 100% invulnability FTW!!!

thats why

/thread done
Edited by DarkxLord#1413 on 11/17/2012 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
Serenity X5. yes please, by the time the first is off cooldown, it is ready to go again. 100% invulnability FTW!!!

thats why

/thread done

I dont know now which spell this is but if the cooldown is over then it would be ready anyways ? T_T

You cant use spells 5 times in a row if it has a CD, jezus some ppls ... no comment.
Reply Quote

This entire thing was so stupid its making my head hurt...
OBVIOUSLY you would only be able to use one sweeping wind at a time
10 piece innas?? Dafuq is that
No clicking?? How else would sweeping wind even stay up??
Dont call others stupid when youre the stupid one
Reply Quote
35 sided strike, because fu
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]