Diablo® III

HC ------>

Hello folks,

Just a quick to many of you that were like me sick of the following:

Bots running and ruining the economy...

Endless grinding and in fact not even picking up rare items...(as nothing seems to sell unless its BIS.

Public games with AFKers...

I could go on with the negativity and yet what I found in HC is...

That this is the game and how it is supposed to be played. Items are cheaper on the GAH, and there is no RMAH. You grind for your items and when you get a rare you really id it hoping for something someone can use. Good rares usually sell and items are not continually recycled as when you die -and you will die- you only lose the gear you are wearing....

But not in your stash! As you level and "outgrow" your gear you stash for your twinks or for your next reincarnation.

On dieing, it's not that bad, really. I just look at it as losing in a video game and starting over, heck as many of you will agree the funnest part of this game is leveling up!

Why am I writing this? Only because I think a portion of you reading this would enjoy HC much more.

OK, now the business people of D3 will probably flame this thread. They'll post what seem to be logical arguments as they don't want to lose customers. You know those that like a friend of mine don't "play" D3 they just run bots 24/7 and make money off of the RMAH as a second source of income.

Check out this thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893570073?page=1

Oh and just in case you didn't know you can play both HC and SC characters.

If you do come to the HC side here are some tips:

Stack vitality about equal with your main stat.
Play a Hero you have already played in SC and leveled up.

and here's some more:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7179988576?page=1

Cheers!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I was excited about HC till i lost my first character to a lag spike. HC is how the game was meant to be played, yes. But i've never really been able to psyche myself into playing on HC due to all the latency/rubberbanding issues i read about everywhere.

Edit: Plus... i die a lot.. like all the damn time lol. I may give it a shot.. just so i don't have to worry about chat being spammed with "OMG THESE DAMN BOTS" etc. by the time i hit 60 on something though i'll likely have 20 dead characters.
Edited by Nitrous24#1596 on 11/19/2012 4:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bots running and ruining the economy
Items are cheaper on the [hardcore] GAH

There are HC bots, and the prices of everything that's not a literal perfect roll is plummeting every hour on SC GAH too.

And I will never play Hardcore. I explained myself in this post:

Softcore is the Real Hardcore.

What is the least challenging part of Diablo 3? The climb to 60 and the first three difficulty tiers. Where do you find upgrades more often? In the same duration.

Character death is to be celebrated in HC because it allows you to relive the most pleasurable self gratification that this game offers, and do so where the game's challenge is the lightest.

What is Diablo 3's greatest challenge? What is the ultimate goal for which we are all striving for? To have the best gear.

Where is the highest quantity of competition for the acquisition of the best gear? Softcore.
Where is the highest quantity of botting, cheating, hacking, and duping which everyone has to compete against in order to make progress? Softcore.
Where is there no gear sink, which makes everything less than BIS rapidly lose value over time as more gear is found? Softcore.

In Softcore, there are players who have adequate gear and find a godly drop who cash out after selling it, rather than using the item or the Gold gained from selling it. This reduces the market for non-BIS gear and keeps the prices of BIS gear high.

In Softcore, every step you take that you are not killing an enemy is wasted time that you are losing to players who log eight hours or more on the game each day, and the bots.

In Softcore, every Rare and Legendary item that you Identify becomes less valuable as more players find more items just like it and have less demand for it.

In Softcore, you have to be willing to face up to these insurmountable odds and be willing to beat your head into the wall again, and again, and again, and again, and have nothing guaranteed to be given to you in exchange for your time spent other than another Paragon Level.

In Softcore, your dwindling friends list, and your deteriorating items, and your increasingly worthless drops, and your stagnant AH listings, and your class nerfs, and your inability to compete with thousands of bots which play the game every minute of the day for months on end are all forces which compel you to Quit Playing; and that force becomes stronger with each day.

In Softcore, you need to play more efficiently with each day or be left in the dust by those who are willing to spend more time and money on this game than you are.

Softcore is the Real Hardcore.

And honestly, that's probably why the game has so many complaints - everyone is playing the tougher mode.

HC - continuous instant gratification
SC - a soul-crushing grind against literally unhuman competition
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Howeslanger
I was excited about HC till i lost my first character to a lag spike.

This is exaggerated - I've played HC for a month now and have only lagged/dc'd once on Belial. My hero didn't die and was reset at the last checkpoint - Maybe it was my lucky day.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Ammostiel
What is the least challenging part of Diablo 3? The climb to 60 and the first three difficulty tiers. Where do you find upgrades more often? In the same duration.

Wrong - it's not the least challenging if one wrong move could cause your death; And I've become a much better player because of this.

Where do you find upgrades most often? Ha! - on the AH, either the GAH which is manipulated by the botters which have billions to manipulate it with or the RMAH. Guess what ... there is no RMAH in HC so there is no incentive for those that want to make money.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Avion
Wrong - it's not the least challenging if one wrong move could cause your death

But it is the least challenging part of the game, because Normal, Nightmare, and Hell can be facerolled with any random build as long as your paper DPS and EHP is high enough. As easy as MP0 Inferno is now, you would need BIS gear to not die in Inferno while using a useless build.

Where do you find upgrades most often? Ha! - on the AH, either the GAH which is manipulated by the botters which have billions to manipulate it with or the RMAH.

Where do you get drops that are upgrades the most often? Hardcore, because you're always relevelling a new character to 60 yet again after a previous death.
Guess what ... there is no RMAH in HC so there is no incentive for those that want to make money.

Guess what ... that is completely irrelevant in response to my post.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Ammostiel
Where do you get drops that are upgrades the most often? Hardcore, because you're always relevelling a new character to 60 yet again after a previous death.

Which is why things sell so well on the GAH.
Reply Quote
Guess what ... that is completely irrelevant in response to my post.

Wrong and I don't agree. Your whole post was about SC vs HC - In fact I read much of your post as being positive for HC. RMAH or lack thereof is a big positive for the HC community, imo.
Reply Quote
But it is the least challenging part of the game, because Normal, Nightmare, and Hell can be facerolled with any random build as long as your paper DPS and EHP is high enough.

Well guess what - crank up the MP. I do HC MP 10 normal and have no issues. Of course you have to be on your game. My hero died a glorious death yesterday fighting Belial in NM on MP 5. So - if your point to the community is "omg don't play HC because leveling is so ez" Then crank up the MP dude.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Avion
Which is why things sell so well on the GAH.

I do not understand you at all.

In my original post I say "where do you find upgrades", which should clearly imply "finding by drops". You respond with talking about the AH.

So you missed my point the first time.

I clarify that response to explicitly say "where do you get drops that are upgrades". You respond with talking about the GAH yet again.

So you miss my point the second time, it seems.

Regardless, I don't understand if you're trying to say that the AH is bad outright or that it's only bad in not-HC.

Your original post has language like this -

Bots running and ruining the economy...

what I found in HC is...

That this is the game and how it is supposed to be played. Items are cheaper on the GAH, and there is no RMAH. You grind for your items

So SC AH is bad, and finding drops is good. Right?

So why is HC AH good, then? And how does your statements refute my posts? You seem to be agreeing with me overall, honestly.
Reply Quote
so we should all start running bots in HC mode to make it more like the normal game?
Reply Quote
Uh, you totally neglected the most important aspect.

PVP.

Wrong - this not an either/or thing. Play pvp on SC you can still play HC with other heroes. -AND- How do you know that HC won't have pvp or what it will be like? If HC doesn't have pvp I have my hero in SC all ready for it.
Reply Quote
90% of my deaths occur due to lag or my old PC getting hung up on something and causing the game to pause for 10+ seconds (which is obvious death).

(The remaining 10% occurs when I'm facing monsters I can't leech off for resource regen (such as act 2 snakes who disappear or wallers, etc.)

Maybe I'll play hardcore when I upgrade to a new computer...in the mean time, it would be completely impossible.
Edited by Thanos#1268 on 11/19/2012 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
So SC AH is bad, and finding drops is good. Right?

So why is HC AH good, then? And how does your statements refute my posts? You seem to be agreeing with me overall, honestly.

Well that makes two of us because I sure as hell don't understand your statements/posts. Well I do but they don't seem to make sense. Of course those that are making a living off the f'd up SC economy would probably fully agree with you.

IMO and those of many others - particularly those that cannot fathom spending real money on items - HC GAH is awesome. In fact it feels to me that the HC players take care of each other by not listing items for 1,000,000,000,000 gold like you see on the SC AH.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Thanos
90% of my deaths occur due to lag or my old PC getting hung up on something and causing the game to pause for 10+ seconds (which is obvious death).

I didn't look at your profile so I don't know how much hc you play; I will just say this. I have only lagged/DC'd once and when I logged back in (fully expecting to see my dead Hero) I was pleasantly surprised to find myself reset at my last checkpoint.

I mean how much do you lag in SC? This should be an indication of how much you will lag/dc in HC.

In case you can't tell I love HC, the challenge it brings and as the saying goes:

Once you go HC you never go back.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Avion
Your whole post was about SC vs HC - In fact I read much of your post as being positive for HC. RMAH or lack thereof is a big positive for the HC community, imo.

My post can be read as very positive for HC if you agree with my terminal assessment:
HC - continuous instant gratification
SC - a soul-crushing grind against literally unhuman competition

So, yes, if you expect every session of D3 to have a moment of "YAEY I FINDED A UPGRAID", then by all means play Hardcore and keep being excited that your latest Level 12 character found a better blue item than the white item currently equipped.

11/19/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Avion
if your point to the community is "omg don't play HC because leveling is so ez"

It's not.

My point to the community is the following:

I find the grind to 60 and progression through Normal, Nightmare, and Hell to be the most boring part of the game - even more boring than IDing one million ilvl63 vendor quality rares - so I don't play Hardcore. PS: Having elites with less than four affixes and having skills unavailable for use until reaching 60 is boring. Raising MP doesn't make it less boring.

I don't play this game solo and like to play this game with people on my friends list - so I don't play Hardcore.

I don't need the sensation of gratification in finding upgrades which are terrible pieces of gear which supplant even worse gear - so I don't play Hardcore.

I find the competition for the best gear to be much more engaging where there is the highest quantity of competitors for said gear - so I don't play Hardcore.

Literally every day that I first start a session in SC and use a portal, I suffer from one lag death within seconds - so I don't play Hardcore.

The game has a very sloppy method of hit detection, both on the part of attacks by the characters and the enemies. Yes, "bullshxt deaths" can be generally avoided by liberal kiting and pxssyfooting. Liberal kiting and pxssyfooting, however, is boring. Therefore, I don't play Hardcore.
Reply Quote
Uh, you totally neglected the most important aspect.

PVP.

No keyboard movement.
Wide and imperceptible hitboxes.
Lag spikes.

Diablo 3 provides no means for the player to precisely attack or evade attacks.

Diablo 3 PVP is going to be a worthless joke.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Avion
I was excited about HC till i lost my first character to a lag spike.

This is exaggerated - I've played HC for a month now and have only lagged/dc'd once on Belial. My hero didn't die and was reset at the last checkpoint - Maybe it was my lucky day.

I died today from a lag spike on SC, glad I didn't pick today to finally run HC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]