Diablo® III

HC ------>

Here's another tip for whoever interested in playing HC:

Don't log in and jump to your HC char right away when you are just started running Diablo 3.
Go to an SC char of the same Class, play it until the crazy lag due to heavy stuttering. Wait til you notice the lag is greatly lessen, then move on to HC.

Um, that's what I am saying. Diablo 2 wasn't about surviving pve, pve was a joke, like it is n this game. Freaking easy. The fun came from player on player interactions and last Blizzard said there will be the option for HC pvp.

It's semi-correct. The reason why D2 was good is because it has a great degree of various option to have fun playing it. But in D3, we're restricted to play the game and have fun in the said correct way.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Ammostiel
Where do you get drops that are upgrades the most often? Hardcore, because you're always relevelling a new character to 60 yet again after a previous death.

You are so wrong on this point - If you were smart you made a couple of mules and stashed your gear so you don't have to buy new gear, and as other players are leveling up they are listing items as well. So it's easier to geared and stay geared.
Reply Quote
Mmm, like d2 pvp was a worthless joke? Shoot, it made it my favorite game of all time....

D3 HC is my favorite game of all time, lol.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:02 PMPosted by ellisD
Yeah, seems this guy has no clue what HC is about, and even less what Diablo is about.

What he should do is go spend some time playing HC then write his op-ed. Which is exactly what I did.
Reply Quote
nah, I think HC mode is only for beating it for the achievement.
I have a 60 HC in inferno, but all my friends play SC, I don't wanna be alone. :'(
Reply Quote
nah, I think HC mode is only for beating it for the achievement.
I have a 60 HC in inferno, but all my friends play SC, I don't wanna be alone. :'(

Hmmm, unless your 60 hc died its not listed on your profile? I have made many more and better friends in the HC community, where we take care of each other.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Avion
Where do you get drops that are upgrades the most often? Hardcore, because you're always relevelling a new character to 60 yet again after a previous death.

You are so wrong on this point - If you were smart you made a couple of mules and stashed your gear so you don't have to buy new gear, and as other players are leveling up they are listing items as well. So it's easier to geared and stay geared.

Why do you keep responding about buying gear when I talk about drops?

11/19/2012 06:02 PMPosted by ellisD
Yeah, seems this guy has no clue what HC is about

Hardcore is about playing this game with a voluntary challenge (to never die), with a seemingly steeper penalty for failing to meet that challenge.

My point is that the voluntary challenge and penalty for failure in Hardcore is truthfully not as severe as one would think it would be, because playing the game further after that penalty is imposed is the easiest part of the game.

and even less what Diablo is about.

Diablo 3 is about "the item hunt". This was explicitly stated by Blizzard. That's what this game was designed to provide to players.

Anything else you think D3 should be or whatever you made D1 or D2 out to be is irrelevant.

"The item hunt" is more challenging in Softcore because there are more players striving for the same items, and because the items that you do find in Softcore are increasingly worthless.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Avion
What he should do is go spend some time playing HC then write his op-ed. Which is exactly what I did.

That would be pointless.

I'd play HC as if it was SC because that's what I'm used to, get killed by something at random, and be right back to where I'm presently at now. Nothing would change.

Meanwhile, I'll wish that I would have spent that time playing SC with people on my friends list.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Ammostiel
Hardcore is about playing this game with a voluntary challenge (to never die), with a seemingly steeper penalty for failing to meet that challenge.

This is just your opinion dude - I like the others enjoying HC have different opinions about what HC brings to the table. Like a reasonable economy. Like better gamers that care about each other. Like becoming a better gamer. But I just don't get you dissing HC and it's players.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Ammostiel
Anything else you think D3 should be or whatever you made D1 or D2 out to be is irrelevant.

Wrong - Many people and why they enjoy D3 is relevant to them; And regardless of you think their opinions count as much as yours.
Reply Quote
I totally agree with you OP except I think most people are going to have kitten when the die due to lag spikes.

Dying on your own accord is one thing, dying due to lag on blizzard's side is whole other story.
Reply Quote
I totally agree with you OP except I think most people are going to have kitten when the die due to lag spikes.

Dying on your own accord is one thing, dying due to lag on blizzard's side is whole other story.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Ammostiel
I'd play HC as if it was SC because that's what I'm used to,

Then if you are not used to HC why would pretend to be a subject matter expert on HC and write an op-ed on it?
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Avion
I like the others enjoying HC have different opinions about what HC brings to the table. Like a reasonable economy.

You continuously cite high gold prices and this railing against an "unreasonable economy".

My Wiz currently has a Nat's ring with 3%CC and Int.

Before 105, it would have cost 250M+.
When I bought it (first week of 105), I spent 140M.
Right now, you can find a ring like it or better for 90M.

The only people who have a legitimate complaint about SC's economy being "unreasonable" are those who spent Billions of Gold and/or hundreds of Dollars on items with the expectation that they would retain their value for any appreciable period of time - and even then, that complaint is easily invalidated on the basis of the game never having a gear sink, so anything but a continuous downward spiral in all item prices should have always been expected.

As much as I would have liked to spend 90M on my 140M ring, I understand that the price I paid is for the privilege of having it at that point in time as opposed to only right now.

Regardless - the fact that MP0 farming is the most efficient should be indication enough that a 2B item isn't "necessary".
Like better gamers that care about each other.

I take care of my friends every day. I give items away, I trade items, I make new friends from meeting people in Pubs and help them out. SC gamers can in fact care about each other too.
But I just don't get you dissing HC and it's players.

Honestly, it's about the attitude of HC players like you as you wrote in the sentence immediately before this:
Like becoming a better gamer.

This air of superiority that you carry about playing HC and how it makes you "a better gamer" is extremely discourteous and disingenuous.

You enjoy HC for the different dynamics that it provides in the game. Great.

But that opinion alone doesn't make you better than SC players like me.

No, it doesn't.
Reply Quote

Ya, I can understand that because I used to feel the same way. I will tell you though from my experience is that death by lag is overrated and shouldn't be feared. Only once in my playing time have I lagged/dc'd. I thought I would be dead for sure at character log in and yet I was reset at my last checkpoint. I think how much you lag/dc in SC should be an indication to your particular setup how much you will lag/dc in HC.

Nevertheless most HC players, including myself embrace death by lag as a possibility and take it on the chin.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Avion
Then if you are not used to HC why would pretend to be a subject matter expert on HC and write an op-ed on it?

I'm not pretending to be anything.

I have no interest in playing Hardcore, and that post is my explanation for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]