Diablo® III

HC ------>

11/19/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Ammostiel
I like the others enjoying HC have different opinions about what HC brings to the table. Like a reasonable economy.

You continuously cite high gold prices and this railing against an "unreasonable economy".

My Wiz currently has a Nat's ring with 3%CC and Int.

Before 105, it would have cost 250M+.
When I bought it (first week of 105), I spent 140M.
Right now, you can find a ring like it or better for 90M.

The only people who have a legitimate complaint about SC's economy being "unreasonable" are those who spent Billions of Gold and/or hundreds of Dollars on items with the expectation that they would retain their value for any appreciable period of time - and even then, that complaint is easily invalidated on the basis of the game never having a gear sink, so anything but a continuous downward spiral in all item prices should have always been expected.

As much as I would have liked to spend 90M on my 140M ring, I understand that the price I paid is for the privilege of having it at that point in time as opposed to only right now.

Regardless - the fact that MP0 farming is the most efficient should be indication enough that a 2B item isn't "necessary".
Like better gamers that care about each other.

I take care of my friends every day. I give items away, I trade items, I make new friends from meeting people in Pubs and help them out. SC gamers can in fact care about each other too.
But I just don't get you dissing HC and it's players.

Honestly, it's about the attitude of HC players like you as you wrote in the sentence immediately before this:
Like becoming a better gamer.

This air of superiority that you carry about playing HC and how it makes you "a better gamer" is extremely discourteous and disingenuous.

You enjoy HC for the different dynamics that it provides in the game. Great.

But that opinion alone doesn't make you better than SC players like me.

No, it doesn't.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. When I said becoming a better gamer I meant that as an advantage to trying HC; Not as I am a superior gamer/human being. You learn your class better and really think about what you are doing when perma death is right around the corner.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:48 PMPosted by ellisD
I like the potential to lose in my games. Personally.

The only thing you lose by dying in HC is the ability to use all of the character's skills for a while, and the opportunity to fight against the most challenging monsters for a while.

Every minute of every day that you're not playing SC, you're losing to players and bots who are.
Edited by Ammostiel#1897 on 11/19/2012 6:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:56 PMPosted by ellisD
But you don't play HC type games.....

I don't play Hardcore mode in Diablo 3.

I play plenty HC type games.

I play Nethack.

I play Cave shooters.

I play Beatmania IIDX.

Please refrain from talking about what type of games that I play. Because you don't know me, and you are wrong.
Lose his skills for a while? wth you talking about?

The skills and abilities and related runes which unlock progressively from character level 1 through 60.
Edited by Ammostiel#1897 on 11/19/2012 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
The biggest loss for a HC character is the loot. Lose his skills for a while? wth you talking about?

He's grasping at straws and running out of arguments.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Avion
He's grasping at straws and running out of arguments.

I'm still here, and I'm only answering questions as they are asked.

I'm still working with the same arguments as I have started in this thread.

I'm not grasping at straws.
Reply Quote
This air of superiority that you carry about playing HC and how it makes you "a better gamer" is extremely discourteous and disingenuous.

You enjoy HC for the different dynamics that it provides in the game. Great.

But that opinion alone doesn't make you better than SC players like me.

No, it doesn't.

ahh...yes it does sry pal hardcore takes balls SC doesnt get used to it
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Ammostiel
I'm still here, and I'm only answering questions as they are asked.

lol, I for one am not asking you any questions. Quite simply I wrote an op-ed encouraging players to try HC; But only after I tried it and found it much more enjoyable for a variety of reasons. I'll never go back to SC except to try different builds and such.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 07:10 PMPosted by ellisD
You mentioned a roguelike, commendable. The others are not hardcore. Beatmania? you serious? Is that what I think it is?

Haha, OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nscP9QpXoFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUop74zUQwk

"Not hardcore".

OK.
Reply Quote
It's an arcade....... and some kind of guitar hero game. Hardcore implies games with permanent death. Esp when used in conjunction with online games with opposing players.

This
Reply Quote
If they fixed the rubberbanding affix some monsters have. I'd be all for HC.

I might give it a try just because SC is making me mad. The economy tanked back in May.
Reply Quote
There are many definitions to hardcore, but we are talking about Diablo here. Hardcore would be referring to it's full death/ full loot mechanics.

The rougelike you mentioned, works. The others are not HC.

Ah, OK, well then yes, I wouldn't have cited those games if I had known that's what you specifically had in mind.

Personally I think of the word "hardcore" and I think generally of games which require a mentality beyond "softcore" or "causal" to be played well, and that's why I bring those games up.

I would also think that the fact that I mention that I play those games but not D3 HC should be telling. But that's just me.
11/19/2012 07:20 PMPosted by ellisD
some kind of guitar hero game.

slowclap.gif
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Ammostiel
I don't play Hardcore mode in Diablo 3.

Well why don't you give it a try then write your op-ed. It might provide more insight to those considering it.
Reply Quote
IIDX is also nothing like Parappa beyond a vague overreaching "rhythm game" definition.

But it's cool, I'm quite used to having people belittle the game and be ignorant of its relevance, as well as its difficulty.

So yeah, IIDX sucks. Totally.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 07:28 PMPosted by ellisD
And these are the Diablo forums, in a thread about hc mechanics. You gave a huge write out about it but now you thought we meant something else? Come on man.....

No.

Again.

You said "you don't play HC type games".

I responded with games which I would consider "hardcore" games; again, not on the basis which you implicitly held, but on the basis I have as far as what makes a game "hardcore" versus "softcore".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]