Diablo® III

HC ------>

11/19/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Avion
I don't play Hardcore mode in Diablo 3.

Well why don't you give it a try then write your op-ed. It might provide more insight to those considering it.

Again.

I'd play, I'd die, I'd be right back to where I am now, and nothing would change.
Reply Quote
Loot is the most important feature of this game. The hardcore mechanic enhances the value of loot. And that's why I enjoy hc loot based games.

Oh ya, thats another reason I prefer HC.
Reply Quote
stay in softcore

I don't want the HC AH getting flooded with 40 pages of each legendary at 50-100k. I like getting excited about things I find more than once every 100 hours of gameplay

you'll lag die, you guys are right, HC isn't worth it

so, stay in softcore guys, it's the best ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 11/19/2012 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
HC is a challenge of patience, not skills (for someone who wants to argue that it is then prove me :p)
I dont have the patience of checking every centimeters of my screen for any monsters in it.
Besides, my internet is unreliable even if i do make one.
If there's a SP in HC, i might give it a shot.

I do had played HC in D2 SP, a Paladin and a Necromancer.
Every inch i stepped scares me =_=
So i realized HC is stress, not FUN :p
Reply Quote
HC is a challenge of patience, not skills (for someone who wants to argue that it is then prove me :p)
I dont have the patience of checking every centimeters of my screen for any monsters in it.

lol If you play HC like that then you're not very good and you just don't get it.

Real HC players don't do that. We just play normally. Heck I've gotten to level 60 on HC FASTER than I have on SC.
Reply Quote

lol If you play HC like that then you're not very good and you just don't get it.

Real HC players don't do that. We just play normally. Heck I've gotten to level 60 on HC FASTER than I have on SC.

Yes im not very good, and im fine with that.
Im even worst.

So? Is that what HC is? Being very good? lol
Reply Quote
stay in softcore

I don't want the HC AH getting flooded with 40 pages of each legendary at 50-100k. I like getting excited about things I find more than once every 100 hours of gameplay

you'll lag die, you guys are right, HC isn't worth it

so, stay in softcore guys, it's the best ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

lies!
Reply Quote
No, no, he's totally right.

Listen to the kind, welcoming words that Fyle has written there.

You know what he sounds like?
11/19/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Avion
Like better gamers that care about each other.

Yep, that is the post of a truly caring HC player there.

Welcoming to all.

No elitism or toxicity whatsoever.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Ammostiel

ty
Reply Quote
No, no, he's totally right.

Listen to the kind, welcoming words that Fyle has written there.

You know what he sounds like?
Like better gamers that care about each other.

Yep, that is the post of a truly caring HC player there.

Welcoming to all.

Awesome gear btw
Reply Quote
Stack all resist, life regen, and vit to ensure you won't die at all when you dc.
Reply Quote
I was weary about starting a HC character initially, but after reaching inferno with my SC witch doc and realising my pets are still getting 1 shotted I made a HC witch doc.

I actually prefer it. The thing is though because of the internet situation in this particular part of western australia I always spend 5 minutes initially watching how my latency behaves before leaving. I usually just run around upgrading gems etc.

I had a lot more fun than in normal. It had that same sense of dread that D2 had when I didnt want to die in an area I couldnt streak to afterwards. I had a reasonably solid build rather than being glass cannon material. For bosses I would go all out in preparation (especially belial because that phase where he plants his spikes and explosions appear everywhere has killed me many a time) to make sure I would see the next act.

It really forced me to learn my class and the mechanics rather than just mindlessly running through and respawning. I have had a few 'oh crap' moments where i was walled in a bad way and had arcane sentries placed in awkward spots all around me. But that has really made me appreciate this class for what it is and I find myself doing better in group games on my normal WD.

In short I can vouch for the OP's take on Hardcore mode. It really did revive the game for me (that and 1.04 making my pets viable past nightmare once more)
Reply Quote
View profile

Personally I think of the word "hardcore" and I think generally of games which require a mentality beyond "softcore" or "causal" to be played well, and that's why I bring those games up.

And this is exactly why your initial argument is flawed.

You weren't even discussing, based on the same definition of the term "Hardcore."

It's about permadeath or an ultimate consequence, not about "casual" or "hardcore"(counterpart to casual) gaming. Although, permanent death and ultimate consequence tend to attract the definition of hardcore you were referring to.

Next time you should discuss based on the same definition of the term. You and Avion wasted a lot of posts.

HC has what softcore has, but with more consequences. So with that said, are you sure you even know what Hardcore means? Even by both definitions of the term your argument falls flat.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 11/20/2012 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
People buy stuff with real money in HC as much as in softcore ... it just take them 5 more minutees to figure it out
Reply Quote
HC------------->
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]