Diablo® III

Bul-Kathos Weapon Set Is Bad, Right?

I've seen some decent WW Barbs that use this set and say it's great. Can some top barbs chime in a confirm that high rolled rare 1hander axes/maces are the better way to go. Perhaps the proc from the set off sets the dps/stat loss? I doubt it, but I want to make sure that I'm not missing out.

Perhaps they're better for farming low mp since they will help with fury regeneration between the 3 fury per hit and the lower dps?
Edited by xportmodz#1515 on 11/19/2012 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Solemn Vow is the problem. Because it only rolls one affix you can't get life steal and crit damage on it which is what you should be looking for in an offhand
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:36 PMPosted by squilibob
Solemn Vow is the problem.

+1

but my biggest problem with it is that is a mighty weapon, I have the set, but I only use the offhand once as it has nice cd / str / bonus dmg to elite, but using the mainhand (even I use a 100% cd gem) is going to cuz lots of dps because it's a mighty weapon, and I lose 10% cc from weapon mastery
Reply Quote
I use it when im on mp 4 or lower.
Reply Quote
Good intel guys. Thanks for the feedback. It would be awesome if blizz came out with an axe/mace DW set.
Reply Quote
I like it, but I don't use both at the same time as solemn vow isn't that practical unless you use a ls belt + bloodthrist but you'll lose out on a potential 100% crit from a dual crit OH. About the proc.. last time I checked it was doing roughly 4 times the damage of my normal ww on crits... You could say its a whirlwind on crack.

But warrior blood with high crit damage and a socket is nothing to snuff about if you're able to get the ias from other pieces of equip. I alternate between my OH axe swap to MH to test, 10% crit is around 18k paper dps, its nice but I use crushing advance atm and I get around 55% crit in game with warrior blood as mainhand. We could argue but I was never a big fan of axe or hammers in main hand, just personal preference I guess.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:36 PMPosted by squilibob
Solemn Vow is the problem. Because it only rolls one affix you can't get life steal and crit damage on it which is what you should be looking for in an offhand

I do have solemn Vow with 800loh and 65% crit .. 1050 dps also and 180str !
Reply Quote
Loh is rather crap once you reach 100k dps, we meant vow cannot have chd, soc and ls, you have to choose but all 3 are rather important stats. I got lucky with my axe, paid 65 mil for it.
Reply Quote
I use a Solum Vow main hand. Only time I have to turn on bloodthirst is for high MP Ubers otherwise I'm fine just farming with 900loh total and 2.9 LS on belt.

Note wearing farming gear.
Edited by MASKOAA#1251 on 11/19/2012 7:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
i like mine because I found both with my MF WD :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]