Diablo® III

constant Latency 300+

i have a MacBook Air mid-2012 13"
i am using a MiFi for this game, download speed up to 21megaBITS per second.
i use www.SpeedTest.net to check my PING and download and upload speed.
PING is usually around 50-100ms

can anyone PLEASE tell me why i have 300+ms latency in-game all the time?
Reply Quote
I have similar problem i guess it's because they want us to buy there router aswell!
Reply Quote
lol, no its not that..
they get their enormous profits constantly through the RMAH..
look at my thread that is called: "UnPlayable.. idk why"
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
MiFi is a cellular wireless hotspot. The thing with these is that it is still a cellular connection that isn't stable. This may be why latency issues persist.

Have you tried a regular wireless connection (DSL/Cable) or a direct connection to a modem and see if the issues persist?
Reply Quote
yes i have, you have seen the traceroute i did with my WiFi in the other thread..

if the connection with my MiFi isn't stable, than how come most of the time my latency is stable?
not all the time, but most of the time, which is why i use it in the first place..
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Machkhan
Have you tried a regular wireless connection (DSL/Cable) or a direct connection to a modem and see if the issues persist?

Yeah, that reminds me, is it possible to connect a computer to a MiFi hotspot using an Ethernet cable? would that improve performance?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]