Diablo® III

this just happened to me. i sent them a ticke

here is the support ticket

1151013656 is the transaction id

the other day i set up an auction for a pair of vile wards at a 100m min bid and a 120m buyout. Apparrently i accidently set them up for a 10m bid, because you don't have commas and it is really confusing sometimes. well it instantly got a bid on it. now this item is worth about 200m, but since the economy is bad no one buys items. so i was lowballing it, and 100m was the minimum i wanted to sell it for, otherwise i would use it on my barbarian. well i was mad when i saw i couldnt cancle the item, but as long as it sold for more than 60m, i wouldve been happy. 60m was my highest ingame offer, but i wanted more. well i logged in this morning to check the status of my auction that was going to end at 10am est, only to find out the auction house had been down for a few hours. so the last person who bid on it was lucky and snagged it for about 58m. i got around 51m of that. i am beyond mad, Im not sure what can be done about this, but this isnt even fair. this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, the first time im pretty sure it was a hack, and you didn't do anything about it, but it was only for a couple mil so i was ok. this one was for probably about 100m. I dont know what can be done to fairly compensate for me, and im sure you will do absolutely nothing, but i just want you to know your game sucks, and you need to fix some serious things.

edit: to clarify some things because i am bad at explaining.

i made a mistake that couldve been easily prevented had blizzard done something about this sooner, then ontop of that the ah crashed, causing me to lose an item that was worth more to me than what i got for it. I value it at 200m, even though i might not ever get that for it. I wouldve sold it for 100m at the lowest, and i got 58m for it after the 15% cut. another point people are missing is that the auction timer should stop when the servers are down, so that stuff like this doesnt happen.
Edited by chrisko#1605 on 11/19/2012 3:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
i feel sad for you but what do you expect them to do? it's sold in a legitimate way, is it not? mistake was made on your part but i agree that Blizzard could put up an extra column to show the minimum bid in your auction items list.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 11:06 AMPosted by chrisko
Apparrently i accidently set them up for a 10m bid

i am beyond mad, Im not sure what can be done about this, but this isnt even fair

What? o.O?
Reply Quote
Why on earth would you set the minimum bid to something that would make you livid if it sold for that? You can't blame commas because you are the one who typed it. Furthermore if the 10mil min bid was on purpose, how did you not notice a missing 0 when the buyout box is directly below it and said 100m?

^ easy to notice.

Lets just assume you have no reading comprehension. The first thing I do after I post a item, is click the auctions tab to view it with commas to make sure the price is correct.

D3 has it's flaws, but your lack of fore-sight and fair due diligence is the issue in this case.
Edited by Potentiality#1530 on 11/18/2012 11:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
I usually write 0's in sets of 3.
Reply Quote
He's saying the bids were cut off because of maintenance and so nobody could place their bids and the item sold for really cheap. That does suck.
Reply Quote
I saw on Reddit that Bliz has stopped the timers before. Not sure why they didn't do it this time. Hope they fix this soon.
Reply Quote
You shouldn't put up a auction with a min bid for a price that you don't want to sell the item for. How does that make any sense? There is no issue here with blizzard.
Reply Quote
You should learn how to type, read, and spell. Mastering any one of those skills, should prevent this from happening again in the future.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Exis
He's saying the bids were cut off because of maintenance and so nobody could place their bids and the item sold for really cheap. That does suck.

^ this
Reply Quote
You should just not !@#$ up next time.

It's strictly your fault that you wrote the wrong number, so don't blame blizzard about your mistakes.

A tip when writing in numbers: count the numbers out loud while you're typing them.

Like: 1...000...000, saying "1,2,3" when you type a set of zeros. For example: For 100m I would say "1,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3"

Works for me anyway.
Reply Quote
It sold what it was worth... period. Doesn't matter if the auction started at 1g.
Reply Quote
lol OP they arfent going to do anyhting its your fault
Reply Quote
lol at all of the people saying its my fault. I made a mistake, that couldve been easily prevented had they put in some comma system. and i do usually do it in 3s. since it was 100m i did 100 000 000, but i guess one of the 0's didnt count. and i have never made this mistake before, so !@#$ off to all the people telling me to learn how to read. since in the auction tab, it didn't have any bids on it, so it didn't show me that my minimum bid was 10m, and there was no way for me to check. the buyout was infact 120m though.

and i wouldnt of been happy if it sold for atleast 60m, I just wouldnt of been as mad as i am. that was the highest ingame offer i had recieved, even though i was trying to sell for 105m (and that was about 95m under its value, this games economy is so broken.)

and no it didn't sell for its worth. I, along with most other people, don't bid on auctions until the last minute. thats how it has been for many years, such as ebay and other online auctions. it definitley wouldve gone up to 90m+.

here was their answer:

Hello,

Customer Support cannot assist with Auction House issues, including items accidentally sold or purchased. If you have questions, please review our article on Auction House Functionality here: http://us.battle.net/support/article/diablo-iii-auction-house-functionality.

thanks blizzard you guys sure do have great customer support.
Reply Quote
After you put in the number check it immediately in the auctions box to make sure it is, indeed, 100mill. If not you can cancel it and do it again.
Reply Quote
View profile
im pretty sure it was a hack

facepalm.jpg
Reply Quote
While I do appreciate you giving me the transaction number, how about the stats of these epic 200m vile wards lol
Reply Quote
here is the support ticket

1151013656 is the transaction id

the other day i set up an auction for a pair of vile wards at a 100m min bid and a 120m buyout. Apparrently i accidently set them up for a 10m bid, because you don't have commas and it is really confusing sometimes. well it instantly got a bid on it. now this item is worth about 200m, but since the economy is bad no one buys items. so i was lowballing it, and 100m was the minimum i wanted to sell it for, otherwise i would use it on my barbarian. well i was mad when i saw i couldnt cancle the item, but as long as it sold for more than 60m, i wouldve been happy. 60m was my highest ingame offer, but i wanted more. well i logged in this morning to check the status of my auction that was going to end at 10am est, only to find out the auction house had been down for a few hours. so the last person who bid on it was lucky and snagged it for about 58m. i got around 51m of that. i am beyond mad, Im not sure what can be done about this, but this isnt even fair. this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, the first time im pretty sure it was a hack, and you didn't do anything about it, but it was only for a couple mil so i was ok. this one was for probably about 100m. I dont know what can be done to fairly compensate for me, and im sure you will do absolutely nothing, but i just want you to know your game sucks, and you need to fix some serious things.

Once bitten twice shy but you did a second time on yourself. Man! Stupidity sure is a !@#$% eh!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]