Diablo® III

this just happened to me. i sent them a ticke

11/18/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Exis
He's saying the bids were cut off because of maintenance and so nobody could place their bids and the item sold for really cheap. That does suck.

He's also complaining because they sold for 2 million less than he would have been happy with.

"but as long as it sold for more than 60m, i wouldve been happy."

"so the last person who bid on it was lucky and snagged it for about 58m."

No one cares that this happened to you, but thanks for letting us all know you're an entitled idiot, so we can avoid you in the future.
Reply Quote
I heard that the botters found a way to take down the AH and put tons of min bids on everything before they took it down. Was a concerted effort from a Chineese gold sale company.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 09:19 PMPosted by God
You hardly have the right to complain about their lack of text formatting with the massive block of text you crapped out in your original post.
Reply Quote
!@#$ made 50m and you are whining?
Reply Quote
lol at all of the people saying its my fault. I made a mistake, that couldve been easily prevented had they put in some comma system. and i do usually do it in 3s. since it was 100m i did 100 000 000, but i guess one of the 0's didnt count. and i have never made this mistake before, so !@#$ off to all the people telling me to learn how to read. since in the auction tab, it didn't have any bids on it, so it didn't show me that my minimum bid was 10m, and there was no way for me to check. the buyout was infact 120m though.

and i wouldnt of been happy if it sold for atleast 60m, I just wouldnt of been as mad as i am. that was the highest ingame offer i had recieved, even though i was trying to sell for 105m (and that was about 95m under its value, this games economy is so broken.)

and no it didn't sell for its worth. I, along with most other people, don't bid on auctions until the last minute. thats how it has been for many years, such as ebay and other online auctions. it definitley wouldve gone up to 90m+.

here was their answer:

Hello,

Customer Support cannot assist with Auction House issues, including items accidentally sold or purchased. If you have questions, please review our article on Auction House Functionality here: http://us.battle.net/support/article/diablo-iii-auction-house-functionality.

thanks blizzard you guys sure do have great customer support.

This logic is retarded:

Even though i was trying to sell for 105m (and that was about 95m under its value, this games economy is so broken.)

Just because you think it is worth 200mil, doesn't mean it actually is. If the market buyers are not buying at 200mil for that item, then it is not worth 200 mil. It probably wasn't even worth 100mil.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
I usually write 0's in sets of 3.

lol +1! I always count to my head.. 1..2..3
Reply Quote
lol at all of the people saying its my fault. I made a mistake, that couldv

Interesting enough, you actually know the answer.. you typed it above...
Reply Quote
View profile
Typical, accept that you made a mistake, but dont accept blame because it's Blizz's fault. LOL
Reply Quote
View profile
11/19/2012 09:47 AMPosted by GeGe
Just because you think it is worth 200mil, doesn't mean it actually is. If the market buyers are not buying at 200mil for that item, then it is not worth 200 mil. It probably wasn't even worth 100mil.

OP had it listed as buyout for 120 mil. Apparently it wasn't even 'worth' that as no one bought it. If it had been such a deal at 120 mil, it would have been snapped up right away.
Reply Quote
trolls everywhere

this item was worth 200m. nobody was going to pay that for it, so i would settle for 100m as the lowest amount. then when i saw i somehow made the bid 10m, i was really mad. but after a few mins i thought to myself "well i knew i wanted to use this on my barb if i couldnt sell it, but since someone offered me 60m gold for it, and 60m is better than 0 gold, i guess that will be ok"

to people who think im complaining for getting an item that sold for 60m: you would be mad to if you had an item that sold for 1/2 what you couldve gotten, and 1/4 of its worth. kill more monsters and quit typing on these forums.
Reply Quote
58m sounded like a pretty fair price for them.

The market self-corrected after the post-1.05 feeding frenzy. You made a typo, didn't catch it, and got paid anyway. You dodged a bullet and should be happy about it.

You could easily have put it up for 10m SO / 10m BO and been out of luck when someone bought it.
Reply Quote
View profile

this item was worth 200m. nobody was going to pay that for it, so i would settle for 100m as the lowest amount........

Did you really just type that????
Reply Quote

this item was worth 200m. nobody was going to pay that for it...

Que?

LOL, beat me to it Genghis
Edited by Drayven#2543 on 11/19/2012 10:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
L2Quote

lol
Reply Quote
View profile

this item was worth 200m. nobody was going to pay that for it...

Que?

LOL, beat me to it Genghis

I am ROTFL right now!
Reply Quote
Me too, I had to close my office door, people were looking at me funny.
Reply Quote
58m sounded like a pretty fair price for them.

The market self-corrected after the post-1.05 feeding frenzy. You made a typo, didn't catch it, and got paid anyway. You dodged a bullet and should be happy about it.

You could easily have put it up for 10m SO / 10m BO and been out of luck when someone bought it.

i know for a fact these are worth more than what the guy got them for. i watched the ah for about a week and i watched people undercutting eachother like crazy. you would see the same pair of wards that were listed at 300m, go to 80m the next day. i valued these wards at 200m. i wouldve just used them myself since im working on a barb, but i wanted money for my dh so i wouldve sold for no less than 100m. I predict this item would one day be worth 200m again, when blizzard fixs this game and more players play, so i wouldve sold then, had i not been able to get 100m.

and i always double check my buyouts, i wouldve noticed if it was 12m. im still blaming blizzard for this, i did 1 thing wrong and they did 3.

the one thing i did: leave out a 0
the 3 things they did:
1. never added commas while setting a price
2. there is no way to see what your min bid is set at once you start an auction
3. the ah crashed for 3 hours before my auction ended and didn't come up until after it expired.
Reply Quote

this item was worth 200m. nobody was going to pay that for it, so i would settle for 100m as the lowest amount........

Did you really just type that????

lmfao do you guys even play the game? just because an item is worth something, no one is going to buy it unless you sell for half the price. there are no high end or low end players right now. its either mid range items or end game items. if you get a high end item like the one i got, there are either top 100 players in the server like "lol i don't need that item" and there are mid range players who msg me like "omfg i will sell my soul for that item" but of course those players don't have gold or items that i would want to trade for :p
Edited by chrisko#1605 on 11/19/2012 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote

and i always double check my buyouts, i wouldve noticed if it was 12m. im still blaming blizzard for this, i did 1 thing wrong and they did 3.

the one thing i did: leave out a 0
the 3 things they did:
1. never added commas while setting a price
2. there is no way to see what your min bid is set at once you start an auction
3. the ah crashed for 3 hours before my auction ended and didn't come up until after it expired.

1. This isn't wrong. They didn't alter your bid in any way, you simply didn't notice your mistake and want someone else to blame.

2. You can always search for your item on the AH, can't you? So, you CAN see your minimum bid once it's been posted, you just didn't bother to check it to ensure you posted your item correctly.

3. This is a legitimate gripe, actually, since most people wait until the closing seconds to place their bid. To bad you spent all that time QQ'ing about your inability to correctly post an auction and attempting to blame Blizzard instead of posting a thread like:

Title: AH Timer Shouldn't End When AH Down For Maintenance

Post: Most people wait until the last minute to bid on an item. When the AH gets pulled for maintenance, anyone with high priced items that are currently sitting with under-priced winning bids can really take a beating if the auction ends while the service is still down. It would be nice if the AH timer was suspended while the server was unavailable to correct for this.

Of course, someone, maybe even me, would have simply said "Don't post a minimum bid lower than what you are willing to accept for the item". And they would have been right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]