Diablo® III

this just happened to me. i sent them a ticke

So it's worth 200 mil but no one will buy it for that much?

Mindfreak!
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
I usually write 0's in sets of 3.

This. I've never had a problem putting up my prices. Then again, it's not so hard to double check. For expensive items, I type it twice.

Anyway guys, I think he's complaining about the AH timer not stopping during maintenance. It does suck, and 80% of people probably don't know about it. I like exploiting it though.. XD
Reply Quote

lmfao do you guys even play the game? just because an item is worth something, no one is going to buy it unless you sell for half the price.

Then it's worth half that price. You can take a gamble that it will hold some higher future value, but that doesn't mean it will. It's worth what people are willing to pay for it. If you think it's worth 200M but people are only willing to pay 100M for it, then it's only worth 100M.
Reply Quote

lmfao do you guys even play the game? just because an item is worth something, no one is going to buy it unless you sell for half the price.

Then it's worth half that price. You can take a gamble that it will hold some higher future value, but that doesn't mean it will. It's worth what people are willing to pay for it. If you think it's worth 200M but people are only willing to pay 100M for it, then it's only worth 100M.

idc about economics. to me it was worth 200m and i wouldve gladly used it forever if no one wouldve ever paid 100m for it.
Reply Quote
would i of paid 200m for it? absolutely not. i wouldnt even pay 100m for it, because its a barb item, and i don't play my barb that often. but i wouldve saved it for my barb when i got to level 60 and i wouldve gladly used it.
Reply Quote
2. You can always search for your item on the AH, can't you? So, you CAN see your minimum bid once it's been posted, you just didn't bother to check it to ensure you posted your item correctly.

ok that is a good idea, i've never thought about that. but still you shouldnt have to do that.
Reply Quote
http://vader.joemonster.org/upload/qvp/85724044340b8bkiedy_ktos_mi_mowi_z.gif
Reply Quote

this item was worth 200m. nobody was going to pay that for it...

idc about economics. to me it was worth 200m

would i of paid 200m for it? absolutely not. i wouldnt even pay 100m for it

Okay, okay, am I being punk'ed here? Are you really Ashton Kutcher? If so, please punch yourself in the face. I hate you.
Reply Quote
That's nothing, I put a pair of gloves on the AH for 100 gold min bid, they were worth 20 mil if they were worth 1 gold, in the past iv never had a problem with good items selling with a low start bid. The other day when the AH went down for most of the day for maintenance the gloves were on the AH, i try to pay attention to the timing of when the auction ends when i post to coordinate with peak player hours. The maintenance caused my auction to end at 4 a.m. central and sold for....3150 gold.....made me sad.

Moral of the story, be careful about any good item you post.
Reply Quote

this item was worth 200m. nobody was going to pay that for it...

idc about economics. to me it was worth 200m

would i of paid 200m for it? absolutely not. i wouldnt even pay 100m for it

Okay, okay, am I being punk'ed here? Are you really Ashton Kutcher? If so, please punch yourself in the face. I hate you.

how does that not make sense to you? to me they are worth 200m gold. to someone else they might be worth 100m gold, so i decided that i would rather have 100m gold now than the str wards, for my dh. so i tried to sell for 100m on ah. i would not pay gold for these items because i am not gearing up my barb, i am spending gold on my dh.
Reply Quote
here is the support ticket

1151013656 is the transaction id

the other day i set up an auction for a pair of vile wards at a 100m min bid and a 120m buyout. Apparrently i accidently set them up for a 10m bid, because you don't have commas and it is really confusing sometimes. well it instantly got a bid on it. now this item is worth about 200m, but since the economy is bad no one buys items. so i was lowballing it, and 100m was the minimum i wanted to sell it for, otherwise i would use it on my barbarian. well i was mad when i saw i couldnt cancle the item, but as long as it sold for more than 60m, i wouldve been happy. 60m was my highest ingame offer, but i wanted more. well i logged in this morning to check the status of my auction that was going to end at 10am est, only to find out the auction house had been down for a few hours. so the last person who bid on it was lucky and snagged it for about 58m. i got around 51m of that. i am beyond mad, Im not sure what can be done about this, but this isnt even fair. this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, the first time im pretty sure it was a hack, and you didn't do anything about it, but it was only for a couple mil so i was ok. this one was for probably about 100m. I dont know what can be done to fairly compensate for me, and im sure you will do absolutely nothing, but i just want you to know your game sucks, and you need to fix some serious things.

DEmon hunter tears taste good
Reply Quote
OP made mistake, got mad at Blizzard for something out of their control.

/sips coffee
Reply Quote

idc about economics. to me it was worth 200m and i wouldve gladly used it forever if no one wouldve ever paid 100m for it.

Then you should have just done that and not made this dumb !@# thread.
I can find a huge list of viles with 225+str and 50 vit starting at 16mil why the $%^- would I pay 84mil for 25str?

I also found multiple 260 strength and 65+ vit viles for 50mil which is pretty much what you sold yours for so stop !@#$%ing when that is the market price for them.
Edited by TomPeters#1331 on 11/19/2012 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Then you should have just done that and not made this dumb !@# thread.
I can find a huge list of viles with 225+str and 50 vit starting at 16mil why the $%^- would I pay 84mil for 25str?

I also found multiple 260 strength and 65+ vit viles for 50mil which is pretty much what you sold yours for so stop !@#$%ing when that is the market price for them.

i actually sold a vile ward 192 str, 92 vit, 11% life for 150m 2 days ago... your point is invalid
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
I usually write 0's in sets of 3.
Reply Quote
Wow, I wish something would drop worth 50 mil for me...
Reply Quote
1) items are worth what people are willing to pay for them
2) its not blizzards fault you cant read
3) you can check the price you set with commas in the current auctions bar
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]