Diablo® III

this just happened to me. i sent them a ticke

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005433457#6

A CMs explanation of why there are no commas in the auction house...

Which is cop-out because commas vs periods is a Windows setting (and presumably OSX has it as well)
Reply Quote
If it is worth 200m, it will sell for 200m.
Reply Quote
aw poor baby maybe you should make sure u put in the right numbers next time
Reply Quote
Let me see if I got a bead on this.... you would have been happy with 60m, and you are outraged at, umm, 58m?
Guess we're all glad the AH didn't crash at 30m, otherwise there might not have been anything left of you but a chalk outline on the floor, after you beat yourself mercilessly with your own keyboard.
Mo-ron
Edited by Tally#1941 on 11/20/2012 4:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
this has nothing to do with blizzard. its your own mistake learn to read or live with it
Reply Quote
When the service is down, why doesnt the AH pause?

Completely idiotic. Fail once again.
Reply Quote
I love people who think the games econmy is broken, just more people entering it with more iteams. Of course things are goign to go down in value more stuff is being found everyday. I'm sorry something you vaule at 200 mill is only worht 100 now. I imagine you bought something for 200 about the same stats a while back and are now disappointed it went down in value. Thats because people play this game find stuff and post it. You want them to be worth more so only credit card heros win? I'm happy that as a casual gamer I can find decent gear like my vile wards which may not be worht 100 mil but i found them so I didnt have shell out for them.

Also op just needs to get over that he made a costly mistake stuff like that happens in real life. You could send a wire and add an extra zero and pay the price for it. Just be careful with the big stuff.
Reply Quote
I prefer to put up my auction items with minimum bid equal to buyout price for easier management and peace of mind. This way, I don't have to type the number twice. Whatever I type for minimum bid, it will appear on buyout price when I click that box. Once I confirm and post it, I check my auction items list to make sure I am selling for correct price. Because of this, I am also not afraid of server maintenance downtimes. Either I have an immediate sale or I can choose to cancel and sell something else.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 11:06 AMPosted by chrisko
Im not sure what can be done about this

Nothing WILL be done about this, I had this happen with a Dead mans legacy before and I sent a ticket, accepting that they wouldn't do anything about ti but more so that they need to implement the separation for zeros.
Fact of life you lost 90 bucks
Reply Quote
it's your fault... there are a lot of ways to not make mistake with the number of digits.
you can do it as 100100100. It is more than 100m but if you think that it can go up more to that.
It doesn't really matter.

I think even if blizzard adds comma, there are still some that will make mistake.

"Don't underestimate the power of stupidity"
Reply Quote
You should just not !@#$ up next time.

It's strictly your fault that you wrote the wrong number, so don't blame blizzard about your mistakes.

A tip when writing in numbers: count the numbers out loud while you're typing them.

Like: 1...000...000, saying "1,2,3" when you type a set of zeros. For example: For 100m I would say "1,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3"

Works for me anyway.
I do exactly what this guy does
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Eonjee
After you put in the number check it immediately in the auctions box to make sure it is, indeed, 100mill. If not you can cancel it and do it again.

I make a habit of doing this because I sometimes enter numbers incorrectly. Would you believe I haven't sold an item for less than it's value because of this practice? It could always be worse, imagine you were playing hardcore and this happened...
Reply Quote
It's ridiculous so many people actually sympathize for this retard.

His item sold at the market value of his vile ward . . .

There is nothing to see in this thread but some idiot crying about selling it for a fair price
Edited by TomPeters#1331 on 11/20/2012 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
LMFAO how stupid are some people,,, I may write to blizzard and ask them to credit me for the extra money i didnt get when i sold my stuff , man what a douche......
Reply Quote
This thread is ridiculous. it's based on a strong sense of entitlement, personal Bias and, most importantly if you look at the op's posts after the initial his arguments are pure Ignorance.
Reply Quote
Posted by Lylirra

- We agree with your feedback and want to make it easier for players to tell the difference between 1000000 and 10000000.

- We have considered simply adding spaces.

- We have also considered just adding commas, since it's what the auction house already uses.

- We didn't originally add commas to begin with, because we were concerned about regional differences and didn't fully realize how not having separations would impact players. That may have been the wrong call, but we're looking to amend it.

Op is talking about a hack back in July, Swaping the hex code for bid to buyout,
bid again to trick the server into buyout, only worked on auctions without buyouts. Cant find original thread but here is a little info:

http://www.blizzhackers.cc/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=491759

I also agree with OP, during ah maint auction timers should stop, I've gotton burned on some of my auctions, but also explioted this mechanic bidding before a schedualed maint.
Reply Quote
Commas in price window should solve problem i sold the same way realy good Lacunis :p
Reply Quote
Posted by Lylirra

- We agree with your feedback and want to make it easier for players to tell the difference between 1000000 and 10000000.

- We have considered simply adding spaces.

- We have also considered just adding commas, since it's what the auction house already uses.

- We didn't originally add commas to begin with, because we were concerned about regional differences and didn't fully realize how not having separations would impact players. That may have been the wrong call, but we're looking to amend it.

Op is talking about a hack back in July, Swaping the hex code for bid to buyout,
bid again to trick the server into buyout, only worked on auctions without buyouts. Cant find original thread but here is a little info:

http://www.blizzhackers.cc/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=491759

I also agree with OP, during ah maint auction timers should stop, I've gotton burned on some of my auctions, but also explioted this mechanic bidding before a schedualed maint.

yeah that is bs, if they didnt want to put commas in the trade because it might confuse people in other countries, then why do they have commas in your ingame gold? they did it so you would feel more comfortable using the ah for all of your trades. they only intended on using the trade feature between friends in games.
Reply Quote
OP - an item is only worth as much as it sells for.
Reply Quote
Why not trying to bid in anticipation of downtime?
Maintainence speculation, baby!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]