Diablo® III

this just happened to me. i sent them a ticke

I always check my auctions tab after listing an item to avoid problems like this,you can do the same.
Reply Quote
11/21/2012 09:04 AMPosted by ArchAngel
I always check my auctions tab after listing an item to avoid problems like this,you can do the same.

I'm surprised at how many people check after posting. Check before you post.

Measure twice, cut once.
Reply Quote
Any real problems here??
Reply Quote
I dont know what can be done to fairly compensate for me, and im sure you will do absolutely nothing, but i just want you to know your game sucks, and you need to fix some serious things.

edit: to clarify some things because i am bad at explaining.

i made a mistake that couldve been easily prevented had blizzard done something about this sooner, then ontop of that the ah crashed, causing me to lose an item that was worth more to me than what i got for it. I value it at 200m, even though i might not ever get that for it. I wouldve sold it for 100m at the lowest, and i got 58m for it after the 15% cut. another point people are missing is that the auction timer should stop when the servers are down, so that stuff like this doesnt happen.

Thats why there is a window before items you list become available. If you had any common sense you would have clicked the Auctions tab immediately after listing and double checked your price there, with commas. You're a crybaby and you deserve what you lost. You seem to not have learned anything instead you're blaming the game when you're a bad.
Reply Quote
You just cant cure stupid.

Hey OP:

10000000 =/= 100000000
Reply Quote
Tickets shouldn't be submitted for user error.

As a lot of people have said so far in this forum, you should always check your auctions before posting. Also, it's not hard to count the number of zero key strokes. if you want something to be 60 million all you need is to input the number of millions (60) and then hit the zero key 6 times. I don't understand how that is a hard concept and one that escapes people so much so they feel a forum post is required.

I am sorry for the expected income you perceived you would receive from the sale of your item. However, you probably got roughly the right amount for it. There are people trying to snipe low auctions all the time, myself included, and usually the only bids you see move are the ones that are reasonably priced. You don't actually know if you would have gotten 200 million out of the item or not; you are only assuming someone would pay that much. The fact that you were only offered 60 million on forums probably means either no one saw your post or your item wasn't worth more than that. If that's the case, you only lost 15% of your profit by selling on AH rather than forums.

Just be glad you made the sale and got gold out of it. Next time double check and be smart. Also, don't post right before maintenance. You knew there would be maintenance on Tuesday unless this is your first blizzard game and the first month you played Diablo 3. After seeing maintenance every Tuesday for an entire month, I would think anyone should see the pattern emerging.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Local33
You should learn how to type, read, and spell. Mastering any one of those skills, should prevent this from happening again in the future.

Love it.... +1
Reply Quote
i did same thing with radiant star gem =[ ah was really buggy and 5minutes of authorizing the price bumped down 10%...just got to becareful and double check auction once authorize clears =/
Reply Quote
@Chrisko Why don't you just accept the mistake you made, and prevent it with more personal vigilance rather than, blame blizzard and expect them to do something about it.
Reply Quote
wtf
Reply Quote
I thought there was suppose to be a grace period to change your mind or did they lamely remove that also?
Reply Quote
there is a 5 minute window to close your auction after listing before the item can even sell. they added the ability to cancel your auctions if they aren't already being bid on. there is plenty for a player to prevent this kind of accidents, and yes it would be nice to see commas, but if you don't pay proper attention you may still make this mistake.
Reply Quote
here is the support ticket

1151013656 is the transaction id

the other day i set up an auction for a pair of vile wards at a 100m min bid and a 120m buyout. Apparrently i accidently set them up for a 10m bid, because you don't have commas and it is really confusing sometimes. well it instantly got a bid on it. now this item is worth about 200m, but since the economy is bad no one buys items. so i was lowballing it, and 100m was the minimum i wanted to sell it for, otherwise i would use it on my barbarian. well i was mad when i saw i couldnt cancle the item, but as long as it sold for more than 60m, i wouldve been happy. 60m was my highest ingame offer, but i wanted more. well i logged in this morning to check the status of my auction that was going to end at 10am est, only to find out the auction house had been down for a few hours. so the last person who bid on it was lucky and snagged it for about 58m. i got around 51m of that. i am beyond mad, Im not sure what can be done about this, but this isnt even fair. this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, the first time im pretty sure it was a hack, and you didn't do anything about it, but it was only for a couple mil so i was ok. this one was for probably about 100m. I dont know what can be done to fairly compensate for me, and im sure you will do absolutely nothing, but i just want you to know your game sucks, and you need to fix some serious things.

edit: to clarify some things because i am bad at explaining.

i made a mistake that couldve been easily prevented had blizzard done something about this sooner, then ontop of that the ah crashed, causing me to lose an item that was worth more to me than what i got for it. I value it at 200m, even though i might not ever get that for it. I wouldve sold it for 100m at the lowest, and i got 58m for it after the 15% cut. another point people are missing is that the auction timer should stop when the servers are down, so that stuff like this doesnt happen.

Dumb dumb, if you plan on selling something for that much(which btw it wasn't worth even close to your fairy tale amount) don't use zeros. 200 million, or 200100100.see how that makes it easier?
Reply Quote
LOL says right in TOS blizz is not responsible for glitches,macros or fault errors in the AH.

know the risk nimrod
Reply Quote
It's painful I assume, but nothing much, especially in the current game environment, can be done for you.

If and if there was actually a scam, you might have recourse. (Emphasis on might).

But advice for the future? As with anything else in life that involves money, take your time to count the zeroes. Wouldn't want to end up selling our house for a few hundred would we now?
Reply Quote
don't you have 5 minutes before the items are shown on searches? o.O
Reply Quote
Ignore the trolls criticizing you and your mistake.

I truly feel bad for you and hope that Blizzard implements separators into their interface soon.
Reply Quote
My first big sale on the AH I sold an awesome DH quiver - someone put a bid on it for 60mil and that was it - AH went up for maintenance and the next day I netted approx 53mil.

Minimum I wanted was 60mil so had no problem with the buyer or the maintenance but now I always remember to take that 15% into account lol.

I also think if you're going to do maintenance on the AH then the clock should stop ticking. E.g if 5 hours left on an item before AH goes down, then when AH comes back up it should still be at 5 hours. This is a huge oversight on blizzards part imo.

What I don't understand is how people cannot count how many zeroes they are putting on their numbers or why they aren't stopping looking at the listing soon after they post it. Honestly if you're not doing those things then evolution has a plan for you....

Here is a trick, if you want to sell an item for 200 mil, type it like this:

type 200 then count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 as you press the zero button 6 times, then pause and repeat. Tah da! 200 000 000!!!!!! Make sure to take your fat fingers off the keyboard and take a deep breath between each zero if this helps.
Edited by strYker#6870 on 11/22/2012 2:37 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]