Diablo® III

How to boost DPS without loosing EHP?

Hi I was wondering if a veteran demon hunter could take a look at my female hunter and give me some tips on how to raise my DPS without loosing my survivability. Right now I can do monster power five and I rarely need to use Gloom except for the toughest of the elite packs. I know my main problem is that I need to get a weapon with an open socket so i can boost my CD more, but I don't want to switch to a Crossbow because I like the attack speed that bows have.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ivalician-1938/hero/22807100
Edited by Ivalician#1938 on 11/18/2012 11:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Socket Windforce and more dex on boots
Reply Quote
Increasing DPS without lowering eHP will always be expensive. For you, the cheapest upgrade I can think of will be:
1 Pants with higher DEX/VIT and 70+ AR
2 Vile Ward with 200+dex with vit
3 Bloody footprints with higher dex
4 Socket Weapon + 100%cd Gem
Reply Quote
@Ragnarok would you suggest I change one of my gems in my pants to an ameth? My dps calculator says i will lose 2k damage but gain 3.4k life
Edited by VANTAGE#1480 on 11/18/2012 12:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks guys I'll start with the boots.
Reply Quote
Sorry to barge in your thread, Ivalican, but currently im facing the same issue.

Would be grateful for any tips on how to spend smartly on any upgrades on dps w/o loss of EHP
Reply Quote
Looks like you guys could add Armor and %Life on Strongarm Bracers with no downside (other than cost), and then you could give up armor/life on something else.

I have 21% reduced damage from elites, which I think may be an underrated (and thus underpriced) way to increase EHP. Not sure EHP-vs-non-elites matters.
I haven't done the math but I think 7% reduced from elites could replace a couple Armor or AR slots which you could then use for dex or ias or something.

Make sure your quiver has 19-20% attack speed, that's "free" (in terms of affix slots, not gold).
Quiver can also have %Life in addition to Vitality which may free up a slot elsewhere.

Moving more DPS over to Dex instead of other affixes improves your dodge, which does help EHP in practice though in a "lumpy" unreliable way a lot of people don't like. It's more reliable if you can take a fair number of hits since it then averages out that you'll usually dodge some hits. If you can be one or two shot, dodge sucks a lot more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]