Diablo® III

question on weapon please

is it better to get a higher base dmg on weapon or more +intel?
i'm currently shopping for a manaj's knife, and i see some of them has a bit higher base dmg/dps but 200 intel, another one has 270intel but about 50dps lower on base dmg, which one is better?
i can't decide on them, so seeking help. not familiar with WD's dps system, if I should go with as much as INTEL or more weapon dps?
please advice
Reply Quote
ANYONE.
Reply Quote
Try using this DPS calculator to get an idea http://www.d3rawr.com/

You would gain about 30 dps with your current character for every point increase in int. Two things to keep in mind though, that number will change once you chance to a different weapon, and you also get a slight defensive benefit from more int as it gives you some more resistance.

Edit: remember also that this 30dps increase is not in the same units as the weapon dps. For example, a weapon with 1000dps and 10 int is not equal to a weapon with 1300dps. Your best bet is to import your stats into that calculator and then use the compare feature to put in a new weapon with the added int to see what's better.
Edited by JackStraw#1836 on 11/19/2012 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info. I will use that to check it out.
That's why I like this game, so much to learn even after a year of playing:)
Reply Quote
Mmm that calculated is too complicated .
I'm just gonna link item ingame to see which one adds more dmg from the sound of it thou I will go with one add more intel
Reply Quote
damage!!!

that's why it's good to look at rares with socket and CD too! even if it has no intel!
Reply Quote
Yeah another way is linking the item from the auction house into a chat channel and then entering a game and comparing. The AH should really make that much easier to do, but it doesn't.

There are so many things about the AH that could be improved by beginner programmers in so little time...
Edited by JackStraw#1836 on 11/19/2012 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think over time they will make it that way, but for now I just have to link. Anyways I bought one with 280 intel and 100 Vit. With 90%CD and 3% LS. It's freaking awesome!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]