Diablo® III

Left button of the mouse doesn't work

After doing the last update, all of the sudden the left button of my mouse does not work meaning that I have to perform attacks using the right one and spending all my fury when not needed. Tried with the mouse pad of the laptop with the same result. Has anyone else gone through this??
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
have you checked your key bindings?
Left click should be primary attack/movement/interact
it may have been changed to a different key somehow
Reply Quote
Something similar has been happening to me in the past week or so. The left mouse button works, in terms of clicking on things, fighting, etc....but the character is frozen in place and refuses to move. No matter where I place the cursor and click the mouse, the character won't move. The first couple of times it happened was when I was fighting a powerful pack of elites, causing my character to be killed off, and I figured it was just another way Blizz had thrown in to make the game more difficult and cost us several thousand for armor repair. But recently it has happened when nothing special was going on...my character is just frozen and refuses to move. I can even use the left mouse button to click the portal to TP into town, but I am still frozen in town.

The event lasts for a few minutes, then fixes itself. I am not sure, but using the left mouse button to click on a spell may help unfreeze. It has happened with all classes of characters.

No, I am not trapped and surrounded by a pack of monsters. No, I am not under the spell of some monster...at least nothing shows on the screen and it has now happened when no monsters are around. No, it is not a problem with my mouse...the left button works fine for everything else in the game, e.g. fighting, and is not a problem in any other app on my computer.
Reply Quote
Shvan, if it happens again, trying pressing the shift key a few times. If it's not a bug, it sounds like you might be having a stuck shift button making you stand in place.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the suggestion, will try that and we'll see if it works.
Reply Quote
Update: The problem has not recurred, so I don't know if this was a bug that was somehow fixed in the last patch, or if Haelse's suggestion got to the root of the problem. I suspect the latter, as a sticking shift key makes a whole lot of sense and fully explains the phenomenon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]