Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

Hi Blizzard,

I'm considering starting a bot. I have never botted or did anything against the terms of service in Diablo 3. I never imagined I would consider it. But with all of the AH bots, and bots that auto-farm gold and items for you... and with you not doing anything about it... it is highly incentivizing me to use one too. I mean, most well-geared players are after all.

What's worse though is that by not banning the bots, you're punishing the players that choose not to bot. We are at a massive disadvantage, and there is simply no way we can keep up. The drops we find are ever becoming more worthless, and we cannot farm higher MP levels to have better chances at getting more gear efficiently because we simply don't have the gear to do it, and will never get it without using the RMAH or using one or more bots.

The introduction to the paragon leveling system, which is great for the most part, further increases the use of bots. It's a very long grind. I've put in 350 hours on my DH alone, and I'm not even half-way there. This kind of stingent requirement makes people like me consider botting it. I mean, why not? The risk of being banned is probably very small anyway judging by all of the people using bots.

I have pretty decent gear for manually playing the game. But I don't see how I can make massive improvements now without botting. It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it.

Blizzard, please give me a real reason why I shouldn't bot your game. Myself and hundreds of thousands of players are being punished by you not doing anything about the bots. It's a simple problem. Get out the ban hammer and deal with it. If you don't, I'm just going to join them.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/19/2012 10:24 AM PST
they want you to join them.
"It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it."

100% agree with this statement. Might even be longer for me. I have wrong gear equipped atm, but I am 205k buffed, & 180k unbuffed.

You and me are pretty much in the same boat. I'm sure I can spend 30 mil each to get 6-7k more dps from my rings, and maybe 30-40 mil on some gloves that do more damage (but probably won't get the pick up radius). But beyond that, every meaningful upgrade for me is 100+ mil.
11/19/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Rosalinda
they want you to join them.

It's sad. I want to hear from them.

Blizzard, please give me a real reason why I shouldn't bot your game.

Because you'll get banned. They do ban people and even post about it...
It's amusing to see on the bot forums, that they are complaining to keep it down, because there are complaints on blizzard forums.

The botters know, they browse the forums, and they want this issue to stay silent.
I'm not in a place where I'm tempted to bot... but I understand where the OP is coming from.
Well..If I were you I wouldn't do it now lol.. You just told them you were going to :-P. Your chances of being caught have sky rocketed
You're too late to the party. Botting now would be a bad idea because I think Blizzard is starting to ban bots now since everyone is posting and crying about it.
11/19/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Scala
I'm considering starting a bot.

>Plays by Demon Hunter

Are you going to bot on nightmare?
Because 100 deaths per hour on inferno will attract Blizzard's attention very quickly.
Sorry but what a bunch of complainers. "I chose to play a grinding game and I can't stand grinding so change it or I'll start cheating!" Hey, in real life, I'll probably never make as much as a bank robber who stole millions, I guess I should start robbing banks too! Take that, society!

This is why the whole AH system was a bad idea in the first place for this game. I actually don't mind it because it would happen anyway behind the scenes and I'd rather Blizzard run it than have people rely on some shady, backdoor dealer and get scammed. At the same time, it obviates what is, to many, a disturbing truth. If you choose to find your own gear, as I do, you'll never be at the forefront.

It makes perfect sense. My solo farming isn't going to yield me the same results as cherry-picking the best drops generated by hundreds of thousands of hours of playtime by other players. It's obvious. What then, is the solution? Simple. Either use the AH and auto-win the game (though why anyone would find this rewarding is beyond me), find your own gear and enjoy the satisfaction that comes with it (along with some frustration at being less geared than your AH driven counterparts), or realize that D3 isn't the game for you because you don't like to loot hunt in a loot-hunting game.
Add ID all items options please.
Sorry but what a bunch of complainers. "I chose to play a grinding game and I can't stand grinding so change it or I'll start cheating!" Hey, in real life, I'll probably never make as much as a bank robber who stole millions, I guess I should start robbing banks too! Take that, society!

This is why the whole AH system was a bad idea in the first place for this game. I actually don't mind it because it would happen anyway behind the scenes and I'd rather Blizzard run it than have people rely on some shady, backdoor dealer and get scammed. At the same time, it obviates what is, to many, a disturbing truth. If you choose to find your own gear, as I do, you'll never be at the forefront.

It makes perfect sense. My solo farming isn't going to yield me the same results as cherry-picking the best drops generated by hundreds of thousands of hours of playtime by other players. It's obvious. What then, is the solution? Simple. Either use the AH and auto-win the game (though why anyone would find this rewarding is beyond me), find your own gear and enjoy the satisfaction that comes with it (along with some frustration at being less geared than your AH driven counterparts), or realize that D3 isn't the game for you because you don't like to loot hunt in a loot-hunting game.

You're only 40k dps. You still have a lot to look forward to.
i have money so i dont need to bot
I disagree with botting but agree with your post, hhmmmm.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]