Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

Basically all I can tell you guys is just play Starcraft 2. Blizzard always get that game right or re-balances within the next patch. I'd say Blizzard gets a giant fail stick for Diablo 3. I facepalmed pretty hard after beating it on normal and wished for a refund basically. Such a hyped game for a large steaming pale of crap. Thanks Blizz! I love looking at my Diablo 3 box.. zzzzzz,
and yes, they designed the game for you to bot and win. I for one will not give in to CHINA!
Edited by Sdb#1781 on 11/19/2012 4:52 PM PST
Paragon system was a dumb idea they should have either

A. added more real levels, and not made it 7 billion experience to cap (which one might add is something like leveling to 1-60 500 or 600 times.

B. removed mf/gf and given a base of 300% to everyone.

Honestly, what's the incentive to not bot? spend all your day playing for loot that has an extremely high chance of being worth nothing even if it's a legendary, yah that gets the girls wet.

Us legit players are essentially being scoffed by blizzard not doing anything.

Everything you suggest is NO. Don't blame the developers for designing a game that is supposed to reward players for their time and hardwork just because it also provides incentive for botting.

Thats like saying it's not the criminals fault for committing crimes and stealing money because theres so much stuff in the world to buy and posess making money a sought after thing to acquire.

Get real man.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Criminal+Negligence

"The failure to use reasonable care to avoid consequences that threaten or harm the safety of the public and that are the foreseeable outcome of acting in a particular manner."
Edited by unnamed#1230 on 11/19/2012 5:02 PM PST
Have to agree... botting is so freaking easy to do and the fact that blizzard can't seem to stop it makes more people want to go to the dark side.. If i didn't consider it a waste of time to let a machine play my game for me i would consider it..
you mad bro?
quit crying.. you got like the best gear possible, what are you gonna do. upgrade to a better mempo? get new natalya's? news flash your not gonna be able to upgrade gear, when you already have the best items for your character

upgrade your gloves, get the trifecta on there, clearly you have enough gold/ cash since you bought the rest of your gear.. seriously what are you doing with those gloves? get rings with the max crit roll (50%), CC, and IAS.. and stop whining please
Edited by Farmer#1857 on 11/19/2012 5:25 PM PST
so to be straight,

we should all each eat thousands of dollars and "bite the bullet" to get the best gear?

OR

spend w/e the bot costs and get it at essentially no cost while making money?

Those are really hard options to chose from.
Edited by unnamed#1230 on 11/19/2012 5:17 PM PST
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Criminal+Negligence

"The failure to use reasonable care to avoid consequences that threaten or harm the safety of the public and that are the foreseeable outcome of acting in a particular manner."

Failing to see your rebuttle.. but walls never really have provided suitable conversation in the past either. -shrug-

It's not blizzards fault there are botters. Bots don't run themselves. There are people behind them. It's blizzards problem not anyone elses. They will either do something about the bots or they won't. Thats that. People are wasting their energy discussing this topic over and over on the forums.. It's getting annoying.

Really? that's your rebuttal* is that you simply cannot see the fallacy in your own argument, so you march ever onward into the abyss of misinformation and delude yourself into believing you're right?

Simple minded children these days.

Actions have consequences, blizzard has been in the game for many a year, they knew exactly what the consequences of adding the paragon leveling would be so they are either.

A) Negligent, and refuse to accept their own fault.

B) Incompetent, and couldn't tell their right from their left.
Edited by unnamed#1230 on 11/19/2012 5:26 PM PST
so to be straight,

we should all each eat thousands of dollars and "bite the bullet" to get the best gear?

Um $1,000s of dollars? what are you talking about? try like $30 (60 million gold) Look at the dudes profile, he's already got the best shoulders, helm, weapon, and quiver, all he needs is some nice rings, gloves, and amulet, i'm sure he can find some nice ones for 60 million gold.. how the heck would it be $1,000s? that doesn't even make a little sense
Really? that's your rebuttal* is that you simply cannot see the fallacy in your own argument, so you march ever onward into the abyss of misinformation and delude yourself into believing you're right?

Simple minded children these days.

But don't you see? I am right. You have failed to point out how I'm wrong.

Botting happens in every game. Devs deal with it the best they can.

Unless you are going to personally assist in the crusade against bots in productive ways other than joining the lemmings in a cry fest i suggest you shut the hell up and play the game. Your agitating posts aren't the solution.

Perhaps you have some debilitating condition that impairs your reading, negligence is a very real criminal offence, and if complaining is the best course of action, why not?

As for this crusade, no one has labeled you or anyone else a heretic, either way your senseless drool of which you call an 'argument' is boring and broken.
Actions have consequences, blizzard has been in the game for many a year, they knew exactly what the consequences of adding the paragon leveling would be so they are either.

There was botting in D3 before the paragon system scrub dub dub.

The paragon system was a great addition to the game. Remove that and you would still have botters.. You're not much of a problem solver are ya?

Exactly

I <3 bots.. they've been driving down the price of items on the AH like crazy.. to reasonable levels.. example: IK Eternal Reign, was 75M (minimum) pre 1.0.5, now its like 25M.. Save your gold kiddies, prices gonna hit the floor eventually.. Sell your gear as soon as you get it tho, cuz it won't be worth much soon..

There was botting in D3 before the paragon system scrub dub dub.

The paragon system was a great addition to the game. Remove that and you would still have botters.. You're not much of a problem solver are ya?

True there were botters before, and there will be botters after the paragon system.

HOWEVER

The system itself inherently rewards botters by setting an impossibly high bar, that essentially punishes those at the bottom and rewards those at the top, a top which is infinitely easier to grasp when there is little to no effort from you.
Edited by unnamed#1230 on 11/19/2012 5:36 PM PST
66 Gnome Rogue
Hi Blizzard,

I'm considering starting a bot. I have never botted or did anything against the terms of service in Diablo 3. I never imagined I would consider it. But with all of the AH bots, and bots that auto-farm gold and items for you... and with you not doing anything about it... it is highly incentivizing me to use one too. I mean, most well-geared players are after all.

What's worse though is that by not banning the bots, you're punishing the players that choose not to bot. We are at a massive disadvantage, and there is simply no way we can keep up. The drops we find are ever becoming more worthless, and we cannot farm higher MP levels to have better chances at getting more gear efficiently because we simply don't have the gear to do it, and will never get it without using the RMAH or using one or more bots.

The introduction to the paragon leveling system, which is great for the most part, further increases the use of bots. It's a very long grind. I've put in 350 hours on my DH alone, and I'm not even half-way there. This kind of stingent requirement makes people like me consider botting it. I mean, why not? The risk of being banned is probably very small anyway judging by all of the people using bots.

I have pretty decent gear for manually playing the game. But I don't see how I can make massive improvements now without botting. It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it.

Blizzard, please give me a real reason why I shouldn't bot your game. Myself and hundreds of thousands of players are being punished by you not doing anything about the bots. It's a simple problem. Get out the ban hammer and deal with it. If you don't, I'm just going to join them.

= ban?
I was considering botting too. I was sitting here last night reading the first post of this thread, contemplating whether or not to pull the trigger. Tab on my browser was literally pointed at the software, looking straight at it ready to dl. I decided not to b/c I want to wait and see what Blizzard has in store for the next patch.
Blizzard isn't neglecting botters they're doing what they need to do to address the issue and have made MASS bans in the past.
From what I've read, they ban plenty of botters. When someone bots, you go into it knowing you'll be banned. Question is how long? Some people have never been banned while other people get banned 5 minutes into the game. The problem is, they can't catch all of them.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 11/19/2012 5:44 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]