Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

View profile
This.....is pathetic.

Bank robbers got more money than me, don't see me grabbing a shotty and heading to the First National.

Because the risk of spending the rest of your life in prison with trained agents hunting you down is definitely comparable to getting free stuff from a computer game with a miniscule chance of one $10 account being banned. Woeful example. There's next to no risk from botting, lots of reward.

I will NEVER do it, on principle. I'm the guy you see who reports their friends for botting, who rages people down in BGs in WoW for not kicking bots etc. I HATE bots, but that doesn't change the fact that the risk/reward ratio is skewed MASSIVELY in favor of botting. Hence the epidemic. It's not rocket science.

It's @#$%ing greed. By the players.

I play Diablo for fun, and I have quite a bit of fun doing so. I cannot see what is so fun about using a god damn robot to harvest drops for you while you sleep.

This isn't just greed, there's an EPIDEMIC of players feeling inadequate in the face of others, complete strangers, whom have more toys than they do.

This garbage with the bots, people feeling inclined to use them "cuz they got 'em why can't I" just goes to further what many of us have been saying about so many here for so long.

Young, self-entitled "gimmie gimmie gimmie" instant satisfaction generation of little robot using losers.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 11/19/2012 7:02 PM PST
Bot Banning Algorithm:

IF ( numberOfHoursPlayedDuringPastTwoWeeks > 320 ) BAN_ACCOUNT
Yeah well,

There is only one logic thing.

If Blizzard allow botters, it is because they bring them money. People buy a lot of real money gold. Without bothers, there will not be enough gold to supply the demand. Simple.

And yes, they do a 2-3 months ban wave, just to prove that they are doing something about it. It doesn't change anything, few weeks after they are back, making more money, hence giving money to Blizzard.

My grandmother figured this while giving me an O'keefe in memory of my grandfather.

Cheers.
I have never installed a 3rd party program to gain an unfair advantage in any video that game that I have ever played and I won't be starting with D3 despite how terrible things are right now in the game. Having said that, I completely understand why more and more legit players are considering it. They see all the rewards that botters receive. Even if they get banned, they've already made anywhere from 10x-100x the value of the game to rebuy it and do it all over again. Plus they have at least 1 legit account that reaps all the rewards of the botting accounts. This will be even worse when PvP is released.

I know Blizzard has banned accounts, but not at the pace to clean up this game. A part of me really thinks that Blizzard wants these bots to make some kind of money before banning them, so it justifies them buying the game all over again to do it again. That way the botter wins and so does Blizzard selling another copy of the game. But if Blizzard banned these botters immediately before their new accounts could make money, they wouldn't make as much money. So basically $$$ > integrity of the game for Blizzard.
Seriously so much crying. If people spent half as much time playing the game as they do crying about bots they would actually be pretty god damn geared.

Blizzard will continue to do work to prevent cheating. It isn't as widespread as everyone thinks. Its bloody hard to stop cheating ask valve about counterstrike, see diablo 2, TRUST me when i say diablo 2 was way way worse.
Edited by Sweety#1682 on 11/19/2012 7:23 PM PST
11/19/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Sweety
Seriously so much crying. If people spent half as much time playing the game as they do crying about bots they would actually be pretty god damn geared.

It's difficult to play the game while on your 10min break at work. Bots however.. They don't need to worry about work. They just provide you with free gold in the meantime.
i cant stand the ad bots that send out a thousand friend requests. its not as bad a d2 spammers....yet.
also one good thing about other people using bots; they have to compete price wise with everyone else that bots so it brings the prices down.....econ 101.

Because the risk of spending the rest of your life in prison with trained agents hunting you down is definitely comparable to getting free stuff from a computer game with a miniscule chance of one $10 account being banned. Woeful example. There's next to no risk from botting, lots of reward.

I will NEVER do it, on principle. I'm the guy you see who reports their friends for botting, who rages people down in BGs in WoW for not kicking bots etc. I HATE bots, but that doesn't change the fact that the risk/reward ratio is skewed MASSIVELY in favor of botting. Hence the epidemic. It's not rocket science.

It's @#$%ing greed. By the players.

I play Diablo for fun, and I have quite a bit of fun doing so. I cannot see what is so fun about using a god damn robot to harvest drops for you while you sleep.

This isn't just greed, there's an EPIDEMIC of players feeling inadequate in the face of others, complete strangers, whom have more toys than they do.

This garbage with the bots, people feeling inclined to use them "cuz they got 'em why can't I" just goes to further what many of us have been saying about so many here for so long.

Young, self-entitled "gimmie gimmie gimmie" instant satisfaction generation of little robot using losers.

I agree with you in principle, but your comment about 'it's fun playing the game, not letting a robot do it for you' is irrelevant. They can still play the game as much as they like, simply with far more currency/free irl money from the bot providing for them during sleep/work.

Blizzard will continue to do work to prevent cheating. It isn't as widespread as everyone thinks. Its bloody hard to stop cheating ask valve about counterstrike, see diablo 2, TRUST me when i say diablo 2 was way way worse.

i disagree. I spend a good amount of time farming items. I am not pretty god damned geared. Found about 3-4 good items that sold for around 140mil. botting easily > my hard earned playing hours.

I seriously don't think d2 was way worse. If you think about it, people knew rmah would be included in this game. You don't think since its 2012 the botters are waay more prevalent compared to early 2000? of course they are. I bet there are waay more accounts that bot in d3 than d2. id bet my account on it.
If you are at the point of considering botting, it is time to move on. Borderlands 2. Awesome. Period. I get gear I didn't even know I needed when I need it. On my third play through with my second character having beaten TVHM with my assassin and couldn't be happier. D3 could take a ton of lessons from Borderlands 2 with regard to difficulty and itemization. Alas, we are barking up the wrong tree with this one. R.I.P. Diablo series. We loved you, but your best days ended prior to 2012.
Hi Blizzard,

I'm considering starting a bot. I have never botted or did anything against the terms of service in Diablo 3. I never imagined I would consider it. But with all of the AH bots, and bots that auto-farm gold and items for you... and with you not doing anything about it... it is highly incentivizing me to use one too. I mean, most well-geared players are after all.

What's worse though is that by not banning the bots, you're punishing the players that choose not to bot. We are at a massive disadvantage, and there is simply no way we can keep up. The drops we find are ever becoming more worthless, and we cannot farm higher MP levels to have better chances at getting more gear efficiently because we simply don't have the gear to do it, and will never get it without using the RMAH or using one or more bots.

The introduction to the paragon leveling system, which is great for the most part, further increases the use of bots. It's a very long grind. I've put in 350 hours on my DH alone, and I'm not even half-way there. This kind of stingent requirement makes people like me consider botting it. I mean, why not? The risk of being banned is probably very small anyway judging by all of the people using bots.

I have pretty decent gear for manually playing the game. But I don't see how I can make massive improvements now without botting. It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it.

Blizzard, please give me a real reason why I shouldn't bot your game. Myself and hundreds of thousands of players are being punished by you not doing anything about the bots. It's a simple problem. Get out the ban hammer and deal with it. If you don't, I'm just going to join them.

If you bot you will get banned 100%. There are millions and millions of diablo accounts to check. But once its your turn to get checked you cant hide since its all recorded in the database. xDD
think about it like this, if you tell blizzard you are thinking about botting, they will be watching you more closely, you will most definitely get caught.
View profile
Yeah well,

There is only one logic thing.

If Blizzard allow botters, it is because they bring them money. People buy a lot of real money gold. Without bothers, there will not be enough gold to supply the demand. Simple.
Cheers.

BULLPIES

There are plenty of items and gold available from legit players. Bots only DRIVE THE PRICE DOWN,,,,,,,,so where is the gain?

11/19/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Sal
I agree with you in principle, but your comment about 'it's fun playing the game, not letting a robot do it for you' is irrelevant. They can still play the game as much as they like, simply with far more currency/free irl money from the bot providing for them during sleep/work.

Look, I'm sitting here playing the same game you are. I am a fiercely competitive person. I plan on being very immersed in PvP when it drops, and I intend to be ready for it.

As I was in D2 melee Zeal PvP tourneys, there is a certain satisfaction gleamed from not cheating. I consider buying items to be well in lockstep with cheating. Not quite on the same level as botting, but very much similar.

I think it's sad that gaming is all about profit and keeping up with the jones' at all cost.

I would sum up all this nonsense with a quote from Jim Morrison ; "You're taking a shortcut to thinking".
View profile
hahaha, i was playing some HC and thought what are the odds a bot will be in a softcore game.

LOL...sheesh, this is horrible
If you bot you will get banned 100%. There are millions and millions of diablo accounts to check. But once its your turn to get checked you cant hide since its all recorded in the database. xDD

So why not buy a 2nd account for $10, make far more from the bot, while feeding your main account free gear/gold whenever you feel like it?
View profile

Sadly, people only need to buy another account to use as a dedicated botting account. in the morning, they transfer the gold and items to their main account. If the bot account gets popped....oh well, buy another one.

I'm willing ot do my part. If I have to enter a captcha before every run, fine. I'll jump through hoops to screw over the botting bottom-feeders.
11/19/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Scala
I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter.

Once you've reached this point, you've pretty much beaten the game. You don't _need_ more upgrades. If you're not enjoying the very gradual progression from being "really well geared" to "uber geared" (and it seems like it's obvious you're not), then I suggest quitting. Why cheat and make things worse for the rest of the player base?

Blizzard, please give me a real reason why I shouldn't bot your game.

Because you'll get banned. They do ban people and even post about it...

For every bot that gets banned 10 take its place. Blizzard isnt banning bots near quick enough.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]