Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

Sorry but what a bunch of complainers. "I chose to play a grinding game and I can't stand grinding so change it or I'll start cheating!" Hey, in real life, I'll probably never make as much as a bank robber who stole millions, I guess I should start robbing banks too! Take that, society!

This is why the whole AH system was a bad idea in the first place for this game. I actually don't mind it because it would happen anyway behind the scenes and I'd rather Blizzard run it than have people rely on some shady, backdoor dealer and get scammed. At the same time, it obviates what is, to many, a disturbing truth. If you choose to find your own gear, as I do, you'll never be at the forefront.

It makes perfect sense. My solo farming isn't going to yield me the same results as cherry-picking the best drops generated by hundreds of thousands of hours of playtime by other players. It's obvious. What then, is the solution? Simple. Either use the AH and auto-win the game (though why anyone would find this rewarding is beyond me), find your own gear and enjoy the satisfaction that comes with it (along with some frustration at being less geared than your AH driven counterparts), or realize that D3 isn't the game for you because you don't like to loot hunt in a loot-hunting game.

I know I will receive scrutiny from the lazy masses for my support of the quoted statement but...+1!!!!

I enjoy burning away my life playing games over making things do this for me. I AM A GAMER NOT A BLASTED ROBOT!!! I want the thrill of finding items that are better for me or better for someone else. I want to sell them cheap on the AH to the lazy good-for-nothings who bot because I need a quick coin. I enjoy the aggravation and the perplexing moments of dying and trying to figure out how I can do better. I want to feel that proud moment where I triumphed by my self or with friends...not cheating.

I wont lie I have thought about botting myself. HOWEVER!!! Before you word twisting monkeys jump the gun and label me as "one of your ranks," I only thought of botting because there just are not enough hours in a day for me to play this game. I do have to work for a living, spend time with my fiancee and my family, and I have to sleep. I have a life, but I do also have dignity as a gamer.

In my opinion, you all should quit playing a game that requires TIME and EFFORT instead of letting some bot do your work for you. I worked hard for where I am now, and I will work hard to get to Paragon Level 100 and I will clear Inferno on MP 10 and I will get EVERY achievement possible with my own two hands!

Okay give me your worse children (if you get upset or attack me MY point is proven).
I find it amazing how many people actually believe I'm going to start botting, especially when I've said multiple times in this thread that I'm not. Yet I'm actually called a cheater (even though I haven't even done anything yet), I'm being reported for botting, etc. Just amazing. The post was to make a point.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/20/2012 1:34 AM PST
People tend to forget the most important thing... They promised us no bots due to online gameplay...

I mean.. if you can't get rid off all the bots out there, just give players offline mode.
what is this "botting" you speak of...?
People tend to forget the most important thing... They promised us no bots due to online gameplay...

I mean.. if you can't get rid off all the bots out there, just give players offline mode.

Yep. I didn't care so much about the online-only requirement. I had every intention of playing the online version anyway. But they did say that by not allowing single-player mode, it would be near impossible for players to dupe items, bot the game, and figure out how the game works because the code would exist on blizzard's servers and not the person's machines. It turns out that all of this was completely false.

So while I don't really care about the online-only functions of the game, you're totally right that they obviously didn't do enough to stop dupes and bots with this design decision to be online-only. From my perspective, it's even worse than it was in diablo 2.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/20/2012 1:44 AM PST
I really want to download a bot.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
they ban bots I think but the bots make way more money than the cost of whatever they have to do to get another bot going, so they will not stop. bots are forever.
11/19/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Scala
The drops we find are ever becoming more worthless, and we cannot farm higher MP levels to have better chances at getting more gear efficiently because we simply don't have the gear to do it, and will never get it without using the RMAH or using one or more bots.

That isn't exactly true.

I've spent, maybe, 20m on my Witch Doctor at absolute most (I really have no idea, so I'm giving a generous guess) and I began doing MP8 tonight with great results; I got three legendary drops. One of them was a Tal Rasha's chest I'm going to sell for a few million.

My point is that you don't need to have amazing gear. Just play it safe and you'll be fine. Don't be afraid to sacrifice damage in favor of defense and Magic Find, and stuff like that.
Edited by Emberstone#1422 on 11/20/2012 2:12 AM PST
Just make a botting account, ud be stupid to bot on your main account LOL.

I had 8 bots in D2, made me a fortune, D3 I havnt bothered, the game is crap.

WoW I had a few, got caught once for a fish bot, then stopped, and just Multi Boxed my 5 accounts, now they are retired except one, which I have been trying out MOP.

The truth is, Blizzard make money off bots, as they just go out and buy a new game once the one they are botting with gets banned, as they are specifically for botting, but if they could ban the MAIN account through tracking of where the gold and items are sent, then allot would not bother botting. But they dont, so its very lucrative to bot, I know some people that have been botting for 8 years in WoW and never been caught.

Having botted myself for years, and now dont, I would suggest just enjoy the game for what it is, so what if someone has the best of everything, just play it the way it was meant to be played and enjoy the game for what it is, D3 is crap anyway, I dont know why anyone would waste there time on it.
55 Blood Elf Paladin
"Botters proves no achievements. Face me and I'll slap your face with my hard earned gears."
You guys just don't get it do you? You can't get rid of bots. There is no such thing as bot and won't get banned. Just head over to those botting forums and see how often they are reporting the bans, and it's pretty often.

The only reason they continue botting is because of the RMAH. The amount they earn are so much that they can simply just buy a new account to replace the banned account. There's no place for you small time botters because you WILL DEFINITELY be banned!
Guys, let's face it. ANY Blizzard game is and will be botted to hell (and blizzard knows and tolerates this, it wouldn't be that hard to fix the situation but they only care about the bottom line: $), not to mention playing them puts you at a bigger risk of being hacked since their games are the prime target for these by a LOOOOOOOOOOONG shot. The whole RMAH thing only helps the guys with the black hats anyhow. It's all about the mightly dolla', for the botters and blizzard both.
11/19/2012 10:58 AMPosted by magickman93
i have money so i dont need to bot

you sir win /thread
Well, I have more than considered it! lol
makes me wanna bot to :)

i am tempeted
I don't give a rat's assabout this game anymore. Going back to playing dota. It's less frustrating to play games with total naps then playing this bot farmfest of a game.
The drops we find are ever becoming more worthless, and we cannot farm higher MP levels to have better chances at getting more gear efficiently because we simply don't have the gear to do it, and will never get it without using the RMAH or using one or more bots.

That isn't exactly true.

I've spent, maybe, 20m on my Witch Doctor at absolute most (I really have no idea, so I'm giving a generous guess) and I began doing MP8 tonight with great results; I got three legendary drops. One of them was a Tal Rasha's chest I'm going to sell for a few million.

My point is that you don't need to have amazing gear. Just play it safe and you'll be fine. Don't be afraid to sacrifice damage in favor of defense and Magic Find, and stuff like that.

If you think tal rasha's chest and ik chest rains from the sky, i got news coming for you. I've only found 1 set chest piece - and that was inna's vast expanse. Of course, I find 4 garbage nat's cloaks, but I don't find any of the good set chest armors.

Besides, "a few million" at this point is not exactly rich or wealthy.

Play the game longer. You'll enjoy the 5-10 hour sessions of never finding anything that will sell for even 1 million.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/20/2012 9:06 AM PST
OP is not that smart. #1 telling the company that lets you play their game your blatantly going to cheat at it is a great way to get a bulls eye on your back.

#2 people in the game with the best gear and items buy them with money/Real life cash. Nobody farms for every upgrade and comes out with elite top of the line gear.

Ive played other MMO's where ive put 5000+ hours into my character over the course of years playing. This game is new in comparison, you have alot of playing to go if you really want to work your way to elite status.

One thing we need ASAP though is PVP.
11/20/2012 09:06 AMPosted by mattyice222
OP is not that smart. #1 telling the company that lets you play their game your blatantly going to cheat at it is a great way to get a bulls eye on your back.

You and so many other people obviously don't understand the post. I've stated so many times that I am not serious about botting the game. It's to make a point.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]