Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

One ban-wave is not enough, Blizz should consider auto-ban in situations when user is definitely botting and not wait and shut down 10k accounts at the same time.
11/20/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Exit815
One ban-wave is not enough, Blizz should consider auto-ban in situations when user is definitely botting and not wait and shut down 10k accounts at the same time.

Blizzard won't do this. They do ban waves to give time to botters to make profit and buy other accounts when the ban wave comes.
makes me wanna bot to :)

i am tempeted

LoL! So you "wanna bot to," do you? You are "tempeted," right? Allow me to venture a guess here: You "botted" your way through elementary school, as well as any subsequent grades that our current system did you the disservice of simply passing you through, and now you have trouble constructing a simple sentence properly on paper? Seems like letting others do the work for you has paid off in spades, vis-a-vis your education. I guess you're right - you would be far better off if you started to apply that same philosophy to your video gaming as well! Hell, apply it to all facets of life!

(OP - apologies for straying from the point of your post. It had to be done...)
11/19/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Scala
I have pretty decent gear for manually playing the game. But I don't see how I can make massive improvements now without botting. It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it.

Well I'm pretty sure they do want you to play over a thousand hours actually, that's kind of the point of the end game and paragon system...
how do I report botter joined my game dog#6463. it was a level 80 monk. all it kept doing is it was following me, doesn't respond when I talk to him and keeps towning if I'm not moving then ports back onto me a second later.
I would like to see him get banned. anything I can do?
First and foremost I do have to give a little laugh at OP.

Upon checking profile out of 13 pieces of gear OP has 5 SET Pieces, 6 Legendary Pieces, and 2 rares.

Seems looking at the profile from a "non-botting" standpoint you are doing pretty well. You have over 2400 DEX on your gear over 400 resists... over 50k HP... and good DPS for not running SharpShooter and Steady-Aim Passives. I'm failing to see the problem with your gear and this sounds more like a troll post than anything else. You have a bunch more DEX than I do and way more resists than me and I have no issues playing MP4/5 especially doing key runs whether it be solo or in groups.

Anyhoooooooooooooooo

I'm not sure what is trying to be accomplished by the post.

It is obvious (based on looking at the OP's profile) they can easily work multiple MP levels and certainly would have no issues grinding in MP1 for exp (their paragon is higher than mine).

If you are able to play this game and I'm sure if you go for ubers you are able to sustain MP5-7 if you are careful then what is the actual problem?

Is it your wish to be "recoginized" by the community as one of the top DHs? Or as one of the best players of Diablo? What is exactly is the underlying issue causing you to consider the realm of botting?

I don't run MF gear and I still get decent leg drops simply due to paragon level. Most of the time when I grind I grind in MP1 because it is so fast and I can just vault and kill everything in a second or 2 (other than extra health/linked elites). I would assume you are in the same category.

Sure a lot of the legs I find are not very good just as most experience and I'm sure I'm not unique. However I don't see it any issue finding 2-5m worth of things to sell on a daily basis which is above and beyond the gold I pickup and from vendored items. A few days ago I was -20m gold. Yes negative. Found an awesome deal on a piece of gear and had to borrow 20m from a friend of mine to get it as quickly as I could. I only had 10m to my name as I'd done some tweek upgrades. The gear item was 30m but worth over 100m. I didn't flip the gear.. I got it for myself. Since then I paid my friend back the 20m gold and have a surplus of ~10m gold at this point. That is 30m in just a few days from farming MP1 and doing Key runs at MP4/5 and doing Ubers MP6/7.

Yesterday I found at least 8 legendaries. most not that great and some were inst brimstone items but a few had OK stats on them like vile ward, an "OK" pair of firewalkers, some chicken mojo looking thing etc.

I'm not finding the 200m items like some are. I'm just selling cheap. When I go to sell I look at the AH and if an item I have is "priced" at say 1m gold. I list it at 500k just so it sells as fast as possible. The other week I found a weapon with some socket that is desireable and I could have listed it at 120m ... but listed it at 90m and it sold instantly (dunno if it was a auto-flipper program or whatever. All I know is I got 90m (before taxes were taken out) and that was good enough for me. But most items I just try and sell quickly to keep my stash as open as possible. I do not try and squeeze out every single gold piece from stuff I sell. If that was the case I wouldn't use the AH at all and do all via trade windows.

Botting seems the "cheap way to go". It is the mentality of "I have to have it now" attitude. It is the "I can no longer play unless I get "this" piece of gear or pieces of gear. We all want better gear. That is what drives us to grind. Not just for paragon leveling but to find that needle in a haystack where we can sell some stuff for a few million gold to further our own gear.

What is "boring" as with other games including D2 is the boring grinding. Same thing over and over again. They need new maps and new content for the grind to break things up. But that is a different topic.

tl;dr
I could understand if OP was a Paragon 10 and had very sub-par gear to signify they were having issues even in MP1 but this doesn't seem to be the case. So in the end I'm just confused. I don't know why botting is needed as it appears they have no issues farming or playing this game at certain MP levels
If by some miracle Bliz does manage to impliment a system that is bot free, I'm pretty sure the damage is already done.

We'd either need a server reset (horrible for everyone, worse for people that have used the RMAH, obviously need to be compensated). Or we'd need a new tier of items and legendaries at level 64 and MP boosted to MP15, which will devalue all level 63's overnight. Purpose is so that top level characters will be attained by legitimate means, not by passing around the hundreds of overpriced manticores that have been duped or botted.

PVP will only encourage more botting because it would be the only time the people on the fence about botting or the people currently not caring will be compelled to given the new competitive nature of the game. Anyone interested in PVP will not longer be able to say 'botting does not effect me'.

I had an temptation to bot after the AH server crash robbed me of millions the other day after a server crash, but seriously, without PVP, who cares? MP is the only thing worth playing, and you can only play with your mates, defriend a botter. But sure they do screw over the economy though ... if botting continues I suspect the novelty of playing with mates will die off, the AH will be totally impossible to trade on and I'll eventually just move on from D3.
I can give you a pretty good reason to not bot...have fun?

Now, do you consider only having the highest level gear and only then having fun? Then in that case, bot away as you will get there quicker. I personally have lots of fun just killing stuff, playing with friends, doing ubers, waiting on IDing those legendaries to see if I got something good.

Would I like to find upgrades? Of course! But, to me, farming is half the fun. Of course, lowered drop rates wouldn't change the fact that the bots would still be able to find better stuff then you. Only thing to prevent this would be if godly stuff rolled every 1-2 hours and then, we'd all be maxed out in a few days and there would be no reason to play.

If I get bored with my current char, I'll switch to my barb or make other classes. I will play hardcore. I will play PvP when that comes. Try a new and obscure build.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't do anything about bots, they absolutely should. I'm just saying having fun with the game. It's not always about "getting best gear in least amount of time," sometimes it's about the journey.
Grind it out, that is what i did and have a great monk and good barb from it. That's all u can do is grind it out. Rolling higher MP is good for the fun but for farming MP5/6 is good.
Blizzards 'Ban Waves' are a joke.
View profile
11/20/2012 09:56 AMPosted by RolloTomasi
Grind it out, that is what i did and have a great monk and good barb from it. That's all u can do is grind it out. Rolling higher MP is good for the fun but for farming MP5/6 is good.

Basically. Its better just to farm for your own gear. Granted I bought my knife for 1 million gold but I couldnt pass that up.
One thing I remember growing up that applies quite well to this situation and games like this in general.

No matter how hard you try, someone out there is always going to have a bigger *cough* a faster car and make more money than you.

Even knowing that making lots of babies, driving fast and blowing $10,000 in Vegas still makes you feel like a boss so quit worrying about others and enjoy your damn life.
Juts my 2 cents here: if Blizzard wants to convince players to SPEND REAL MONEY on items, they should be either more efficient in their fight against botting, or communicate more efficiently about it.

I have no reason to spend any money on a game when i "suspect" strongly that other players are using BOTS (aka CHEATING) to sell me stuff... This would make me look like a moron. Why? Because for less than 150 USD, i'm quite sure i could get 2 game licences with bots. And if i'm caught on the first licence, i can always start again with the other one. Or better: actually, i could transfer all the illegal gains to the second account, regularly...

Quite disgusting.
Lol, I love how people complain no matter what the circumstance. Did yall forget D2???? Bots ruled D2 aswell. Its an integrel part of the game. If people didnt bot, there would be less rare, set and legendary items available. That means an item that, now in a bot market, costs 100mil, in a botless market, costs triple that. Simple supply and demand. You bot haters now will be the same people whinin about the price of items after blizzard gets tired of hearing you cry about them,
Soon after this topic, response from blizzard:

Scala, We're considering banning.
and ps: JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME..... pardon my french. that is all. peace
What a laod of !@#$ i had a mate on f/list botting HE IS STILL BOTTING i know this cos he is on my other mates f/list only reason i removed him was cos im jealous as he has collected over 1 BILLION gold and i have collected 36mil i have put in around 1000 hours in this game and the best thing i ever found ring that i sold on rmah for 4$.
blah blah blah... guess what little farming you endured is far less than what people did back in d2 to get any good gear and that included farming runes for enigma and botd. keep qqing so you can ruin another good game so blizzard makes this stupidly easier for you complainers.

thanks.

P.S. the gear i have is from farming and what I have purchased on the gold ah or rmah with the gold or money i earned from selling gear. I think I might have paid $5 total is sales tax for not considering sales tax on my purchases.

I heard Call of Duty is pretty good, you might as well play that instead and not having to worry about botting or getting good loot. At least your skill level controls how much xp you get and upgrades for your characters.
Edited by Sohnzai#1790 on 11/20/2012 11:52 AM PST
Hi Blizzard,

I'm considering starting a bot. I have never botted or did anything against the terms of service in Diablo 3. I never imagined I would consider it. But with all of the AH bots, and bots that auto-farm gold and items for you... and with you not doing anything about it... it is highly incentivizing me to use one too. I mean, most well-geared players are after all.

What's worse though is that by not banning the bots, you're punishing the players that choose not to bot. We are at a massive disadvantage, and there is simply no way we can keep up. The drops we find are ever becoming more worthless, and we cannot farm higher MP levels to have better chances at getting more gear efficiently because we simply don't have the gear to do it, and will never get it without using the RMAH or using one or more bots.

The introduction to the paragon leveling system, which is great for the most part, further increases the use of bots. It's a very long grind. I've put in 350 hours on my DH alone, and I'm not even half-way there. This kind of stingent requirement makes people like me consider botting it. I mean, why not? The risk of being banned is probably very small anyway judging by all of the people using bots.

I have pretty decent gear for manually playing the game. But I don't see how I can make massive improvements now without botting. It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it.

Blizzard, please give me a real reason why I shouldn't bot your game. Myself and hundreds of thousands of players are being punished by you not doing anything about the bots. It's a simple problem. Get out the ban hammer and deal with it. If you don't, I'm just going to join them.

Yeah, pretty much. I've thought about botting in this game as well, simply due to the lack of punishment. Botting is starting to look like a risk-free/viable option. My friends list is full of botters.

Ultimately though, I think I am more likely to simply quit playing than start botting. The game really should have an offline mode for people who want to cheat.

Edit: I should add that I've never used the RMAH - what incentive do I have to spend real money when everyone around me is botting? I would feel like an idiot/sucker to spend real money on game currency or gear when everyone else is getting it free via botting.
Edited by Vhlad#1388 on 11/20/2012 11:45 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]