Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

well seeing as the PvP version is yet to show itself, I would assume the cheaters version is a little lower on the demand list lol
Hi Blizzard,

I'm considering starting a bot. I have never botted or did anything against the terms of service in Diablo 3. I never imagined I would consider it. But with all of the AH bots, and bots that auto-farm gold and items for you... and with you not doing anything about it... it is highly incentivizing me to use one too. I mean, most well-geared players are after all.

What's worse though is that by not banning the bots, you're punishing the players that choose not to bot. We are at a massive disadvantage, and there is simply no way we can keep up. The drops we find are ever becoming more worthless, and we cannot farm higher MP levels to have better chances at getting more gear efficiently because we simply don't have the gear to do it, and will never get it without using the RMAH or using one or more bots.

The introduction to the paragon leveling system, which is great for the most part, further increases the use of bots. It's a very long grind. I've put in 350 hours on my DH alone, and I'm not even half-way there. This kind of stingent requirement makes people like me consider botting it. I mean, why not? The risk of being banned is probably very small anyway judging by all of the people using bots.

I have pretty decent gear for manually playing the game. But I don't see how I can make massive improvements now without botting. It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it.

Blizzard, please give me a real reason why I shouldn't bot your game. Myself and hundreds of thousands of players are being punished by you not doing anything about the bots. It's a simple problem. Get out the ban hammer and deal with it. If you don't, I'm just going to join them.

Yeah, pretty much. I've thought about botting in this game as well, simply due to the lack of punishment. Botting is starting to look like a risk-free/viable option. My friends list is full of botters.

Ultimately though, I think I am more likely to simply quit playing than start botting. The game really should have an offline mode for people who want to cheat.

Edit: I should add that I've never used the RMAH - what incentive do I have to spend real money when everyone around me is botting? I would feel like an idiot/sucker to spend real money on game currency or gear when everyone else is getting it free via botting.

they just banned a whole bunch of accounts..... you will eventually get caught. good luck.

Yeah, pretty much. I've thought about botting in this game as well, simply due to the lack of punishment. Botting is starting to look like a risk-free/viable option. My friends list is full of botters.

Ultimately though, I think I am more likely to simply quit playing than start botting. The game really should have an offline mode for people who want to cheat.

Edit: I should add that I've never used the RMAH - what incentive do I have to spend real money when everyone around me is botting? I would feel like an idiot/sucker to spend real money on game currency or gear when everyone else is getting it free via botting.

they just banned a whole bunch of accounts..... you will eventually get caught. good luck.

They don't care, its now 40$ for a new account to make lots of money off of. Blizzard just gave all of those accounts that got banned 20$ off the game, how kind of them.

Point is for every account that is banned they can just purchase a new account. You think even at 60$ its a lot of money but in reality it is not. It is chump change to what they are making.

None of the botters on my friends list were banned.
There is no reason why you shouldn't do it except it is against the rules of the game.

However, I think everyone considered this. A simple google search can lead you to some respectable botter programs, though some require you to pay, but it's worth it.

It all comes down to money. Blizzard knows that people will always play their games regardless. They know that botters buy more accounts which is more money. They increase the AH market so people are required to bot more to make more gold or buy it to purchase an item which most people have bought something from the RMAH.

They will ban some accounts and so forth to try to keep the real players "pleased" to think that they are actively working on this, however, only an idiot would think this. In reality, they ban accounts that don't benefit them the most. So, if you bot, make sure you sell it on RMAH and I guarantee you, you won't be banned.

This will never change, so either bot or shut up and play the game since your opinion won't change anything.

*Also, like how they banned accounts and than lowered the price... coincidence?"
For me, I feel they are purposely letting people bot, until they have a big enough sample size and do a mass ban. Meaning the bot you are using now, might be safe, but it might not.

If they update warden to check for dynamic memory for a specific constant value that the bot overwrite in that memory... then blizzard can detect all the major bot out there that don't get you banned. but when they do, they won't ban right away, they will log as many people and a month later, massively ban them all.

So the bot that isn't getting banned, if you jump on it thinking you are safe. There no way to tell.

I regret not botting from day 1. I don't believe it worth botting now.
Hell they remove all incentive to play in high MP level, it a bot paradise, the most rewarding monster power is the easiest one where monster die in 1 hit and elite in 4-5 hit.

Many have predicted that blizzard was going to nerf monster, but I didn't expected it was to the point where it would become bot paradise for even a low geared player.
I figured only those that have massive expensive gear could bot and low gear player wouldn't be able to, but I guess we where wrong to assume that from blizzard...

It as if they lowered the difficulty, made it to easy to the point where it not fun to play legit so people would turn to bot, get a massive ban right before the PVP update, and people would spend another 60-70$ each to buy the game again just for the pvp feature >.>

I fear it already activated the milking $ feature.
Just a thought that has been on top of my mind for a while now.

It is theoretically possible that Blizzard has an account in which they fixed the loot and sell it on the RMAH to earn money from the people. A transaction takes place and Blizzard keeps all the money (except the cut from PayPal). To make it more transparent, a bot by Blizzard themselves. Well, not exactly a bot, but an account that Blizzard created to give loots to, and sell it on RMAH.
Just a thought that has been on top of my mind for a while now.

It is theoretically possible that Blizzard has an account in which they fixed the loot and sell it on the RMAH to earn money from the people. A transaction takes place and Blizzard keeps all the money (except the cut from PayPal). To make it more transparent, a bot by Blizzard themselves. Well, not exactly a bot, but an account that Blizzard created to give loots to, and sell it on RMAH.

the RMAH is now a conspiracy plot
They don't ban in small clumps every day. They'll wait until they have a list of 10,000, 100,000 accounts verified as botting then ban them all in a giant wave. It's always how they've done it.
I am well-geared and I have earned every piece of it. I have ground myself silly, plateaued until someone showed me what I was doing wrong, and ground some more to replace the incorrect gear I ground for in the first place. I'm in a good spot, but I want to get better. If I had a program do all this for me, I'd just be a useless twink with no idea how to play my toon and I'd lose so much gold repairing I couldn't afford to play. Having all the cool gear in the world won't do a thing for you if you still don't know how to play your toon. On the contrary, knowing how to play your toon will make getting great gear a lot easier. So stop complaining and start learning. The end is pointless if you didn't pay attention during the trip.

Then report them or stop !@#$%ing about them.
lol what a noob, D2 had so many bots in it it wasnt funny - how do you think everyone got their runes adn runewords so fast after ladder reset. bots and dupers.

And yes end game gear was a grind, you had t find a good superior base with the right amount of sockets - or you had to find a unique that had close to perfect stats. the same people not complaining about the grind then are the same people who are happy playing MP6 instead of mp10. with ok but not perfect gear.

you want it all now and dont want to put in the hard yards - seriously don't get a bot just spend some money and buy some items - i kitted my baba on less than 30mil which costs around 12 dollars, that's about 1/4 hours real world work to earn that.

easier than botting if you are looking for easy
11/20/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Scala
You and so many other people obviously don't understand the post. I've stated so many times that I am not serious about botting the game. It's to make a point.

We're not online on this forum to decipher your cryptic metaphoric point. What you said is what you said, if you think it has a double entendre you're just a fool. Considering you said it in such a formal dissent, stop trying to dissuade others what you said or else edit your original post idiot.

Telling others it's obvious you're not going to bot when it's clearly saying "Hey I'm going to Bot! *Big red flashing arrow here*" but you mean you don't want to bot? right okay... *rolls eyes*

And on your original point, your drops were worthless to begin with if you think they're worth something then AH has a grip on your balls. It's called an Auction House for a reason not a Market Trade Hall. No competition, no social aspect, it's just a vending machine with price tags.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/20/2012 1:51 PM PST
Diablo 3 is made for bots!

Once you reach a certain point in your progress then things get painful... you'll find yourself spending endless hours farming for no reason, filling your stash with worthless drops that you will later sell to a merchant or salvage. Not to mention the joke! about gold drops. Ive been spending some 500+ hours in this game just to collect 3500k of gold which is not even enough to get a good updgrade for single gear item.

And just before someone comes here to say that “hey, that’s what this game is all about” don’t forget that it took more than 10 years from Diablo 2 to Diablo 3 and what all fans expected was Diablo 3 and NOT a Diablo 2.1

And here I am playing again and again from act 1 to act 3 trying to find the slightest interest in the battle mechanics and stop playing as if I was a bot while Blizzard is trying to cover up those problems by publishing somre “brilliant” patches (like the last one with the MP system) that of course will never fix the real problem. The only thing that happened with the MP system was to make harder for you to kill those already boring to kill mobs. The result? Same boring thing, more time wasted.

Not to mention the MF mechanics that even doubt they exist. There was a time right after 1.5 that I used to collect around 2 lvl 63 legendaries per run for about 10 days. Those legendaries where of course worthless but wait… didn’t they say that MF is only affecting the drop chance and NOT the quality of the item?

I could spend more time talking about all the problems in Diablo 3:
No detailed skill description (and that’s the point where you start googling around to find all the info that the game should have given you from the beginning). No skill calculators, no dps calculators, no gear comparison, no pvp, no need to go public…. And the list goes on.

Unfortunately it seems Diablo 3 was only meant to be Blizzard’s big snatch.
......................................If you find it annoying to grind to paragon level 100, then why the heck would you bot to paragon lvl 100, then there would be NOTHING LEFT TO DO?. You shouldnt use a bot if you complain the game is boring it will just make the game go over faster. such a pointless tool. Except if you look to sell items on RMAH.
I am in a crappy position in regards to my Barb character 250 hrs crap gear, 1 legendary drop in all those hours?? And my main gear is simply poor, too poor in fact that at lvl 60 paragon level 11 i cannot even do mp 2 solo lol, but despite all of this am i going to or am i considering using bots? No ofc not because i love the game and i know that somewhere along the line my characters gear will get better and i will get a trifecta Legendary drop ;). In short i wouldn't feel great about using illegal means to better my character the real joy is from earning it yourself albeit that it does take a frustratingly long time yes Blizzard i am pointing the finger at you. But the OP does have a valid point in essence although i don't condoning cheating as a means to rectify this shortfall, we need another patch to balance legendary drops and stat rolls on rare items.

That's what i find so incredible. There's so many people that have said "they are banning them!" throughout these 18 pages of posts, yet none of the ones on my friend's list or anyone elses friend's list have been banned.

This just makes me believe that they are either lying, or are totally incompetent at banning the bots.
The game is played for fun, not to hit max items/levels. Its just about killing monsters. Yah the loot part is kinda destroyed but thats all it is now is kiling monsters over and over and over again... fun right?

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand. I have an alt account with a DH who's at roughly 84k DPS, and heck, even with my lame-o gear on this account, it's pretty hard for me to find an upgrade. My point is, people play this game while they seem to simultaneously remain clueless to the inevitable. Sooner or later, you WILL reach a point where finding an upgrade, or even buying one, is something that almost never happens. It is impossible for it to be otherwise, and I'll illustrate it with a simple example.

In Diablo 2, for the most part, you could by yourself get best-in-slot gear. Yes, there were some items that were very much out of reach for most players, but these items were few and far between. For the most part, you could get 98% best in slot gear all on your own and in a fraction of the time I have played Diablo 3.

In D2, it was more about trying out different builds and playing lots of characters. There were lots of viable and interesting builds and ways to use them in D2. In D3, there is only farming. It's a lot less about making many characters and it's simply more about making the absolute best character. The problem is that the cap of "the best gear" is impossible for any mortal to achieve. This was never the case in D2, and it's actually a pretty big problem with D3 that it has become the case.

+1
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]