Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

Know what's saddest about all this (other then people missing OP's point and assuming he actually is going to start botting)?

The post has been up this long, and many others like it or ones calling out serious violations that effect a game where real $ is involved, have NO blue responses. Even ones where players are posting that they have MANY friends who have been botting for MANY months, hell even posts (like this one) that have many people making the accusation that Blizzard actually wants/encourages people to bot to increase profit potential at the expense/enjoyment of non botting/cheating players who purchased their game, get no responses/explanations/attempts to deny allegations.

None.

Not even one.

But if I look on the forums right now, there are responses to posts entiled "So, how many dead villagers are in the game" and a post about what hidden Easter Eggs are in the game.

: /

Blizzard, I want to believe that you care, but honestly how do you think it looks to have posts like this blatantly ignored and posts about fluff responded to with enthusiasm? To everyone who says "Bots have always been there and always will be there" you are again missing the point. There will always be viruses and bacteria around, but I'm glad my immune system doesn't just say "screw it, why bother fighting against them anymore?"

Respond. Say or show me something that give credence to you caring about this and other flaws effecting people's real $ - and to those who say "but they just recently posted on the dashboard about a banwave" get real - I know MANY people who have been botting FOR MONTHS who weren't effected by this last banwave at all, and from the responses in this post I'm certainly not the only one.

Grimiku? Lylirra? Bash? Anyone??

*** EDIT*** I'd also like to make it clear that I in no way shape or form endorse or encourage botting, and am constantly expressing that personal belief to those I know that do. In my humble opinion, botting/cheating negates any possible satisfaction/pleasure I might get from accomplishments earned in this or any game - i.e. if you have to cheat to play the game, the game isn't worth it.
Edited by HODOR#1781 on 11/20/2012 4:03 PM PST
11/20/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Scala
If you think tal rasha's chest and ik chest rains from the sky, i got news coming for you. I've only found 1 set chest piece - and that was inna's vast expanse. Of course, I find 4 garbage nat's cloaks, but I don't find any of the good set chest armors.

Then that's your luck. I've gotten a near-perfectly rolled Inna's Vast Expanse, which sold for $50 on the RMAH, and three Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuits. One of which I'm wearing on my WD.

Besides, "a few million" at this point is not exactly rich or wealthy.

Play the game longer. You'll enjoy the 5-10 hour sessions of never finding anything that will sell for even 1 million.

I never said that the 20m I mentioned was the pinnacle of wealth, I said that it wasn't a lot, and that you didn't need to be rich to do well.

And I have had those sessions where I get very little, but I also know that those aren't all the game has to offer. I've put 360 hours flat into this game (certainly less than you since you have a Paragon 70 toon) and I've found more than my share of good Legendaries. I got four yesterday; one of them was a Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom, and another was my third Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit. Both sold for several million.

Perhaps the RNG gods just hate you.

If you want a MF comparison (it could be relevant since level 70 gives 210% MF; running on lower MPs could put you below mine), my MF is 405% with 5 stacks at MP8.
There are no AH bots! How many times do people have to explain this. AAAAAAAHHHHHHH
2 botters in my game right now. this makes me sad..

http://i.imgur.com/41ZDQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/w1PXW.jpg
Know what's saddest about all this (other then people missing OP's point and assuming he actually is going to start botting)?

The post has been up this long, and many others like it or ones calling out serious violations that effect a game where real $ is involved, have NO blue responses. Even ones where players are posting that they have MANY friends who have been botting for MANY months, hell even posts (like this one) that have many people making the accusation that Blizzard actually wants/encourages people to bot to increase profit potential at the expense/enjoyment of non botting/cheating players who purchased their game, get no responses/explanations/attempts to deny allegations.

None.

Not even one.

But if I look on the forums right now, there are responses to posts entiled "So, how many dead villagers are in the game" and a post about what hidden Easter Eggs are in the game.

Blizzard, I want to believe that you care, but honestly how do you think it looks to have posts like this blatantly ignored and posts about fluff responded to with enthusiasm? To everyone who says "Bots have always been there and always will be there" you are again missing the point. There will always be viruses and bacteria around, but I'm glad my immune system doesn't just say "screw it, why bother fighting against them anymore?"

Respond. Say or show me something that give credence to you caring about this and other flaws effecting people's real $ - and to those who say "but they just recently posted on the dashboard about a banwave" get real - I know MANY people who have been botting FOR MONTHS who weren't effected by this last banwave at all, and from the responses in this post I'm certainly not the only one.

*** EDIT*** I'd also like to make it clear that I in no way shape or form endorse or encourage botting, and am constantly expressing that personal belief to those I know that do. In my humble opinion, botting/cheating negates any possible satisfaction/pleasure I might get from accomplishments earned in this or any game - i.e. if you have to cheat to play the game, the game isn't worth it.

Amen
90 Human Warrior
well then good luck getting banned man for botting
If you think tal rasha's chest and ik chest rains from the sky, i got news coming for you. I've only found 1 set chest piece - and that was inna's vast expanse. Of course, I find 4 garbage nat's cloaks, but I don't find any of the good set chest armors.

Then that's your luck. I've gotten a near-perfectly rolled Inna's Vast Expanse, which sold for $50 on the RMAH, and three Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuits. One of which I'm wearing on my WD.

Besides, "a few million" at this point is not exactly rich or wealthy.

Play the game longer. You'll enjoy the 5-10 hour sessions of never finding anything that will sell for even 1 million.

I never said that the 20m I mentioned was the pinnacle of wealth, I said that it wasn't a lot, and that you didn't need to be rich to do well.

And I have had those sessions where I get very little, but I also know that those aren't all the game has to offer. I've put 360 hours flat into this game (certainly less than you since you have a Paragon 70 toon) and I've found more than my share of good Legendaries. I got four yesterday; one of them was a Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom, and another was my third Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit. Both sold for several million.

Perhaps the RNG gods just hate you.

If you want a MF comparison (it could be relevant since level 70 gives 210% MF; running on lower MPs could put you below mine), my MF is 405% with 5 stacks at MP8.

Congrats on getting a good item, but don't pretend this happens every time you play the game or that this happens to most people. Your set chest item is rare. Playing on MP0, MP2 or MP8 would have made no difference. If anything, you were more likely to find it on MP0-3 over very long periods of time.

I also find it curious that you don't add the 5 NV stacks for my 210%, but you add it to your MF to somehow show that you have more than me. If you give me the 5 stacks as well, it turns out I have 310% to your 405% even if I were playing MP0 (but I do MP2, not MP0). But, I'm probably killing 3 elite packs to every one of yours, so I'm pretty sure I'm finding more drops than you regardless. The fact that you try and trick with numbers to "prove" your point just shows that you are being dishonest.

But after taking a look at your characters - at least what's left of them - I don't know how you could be running mp8 efficiently at all. Even my garbage wizard which has self-found hand-me-down gear has better stuff yours. None of your characters have killed even close to the elites I have.

Just face it, you were lucky to get a 70+ all res, high rolled inna's vast expanse. I wasn't unlucky - you were lucky. You haven't honestly played long enough to know what the statistical norms for drops are. Kill another 20,000 elites and tell us what you've found.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/20/2012 5:12 PM PST
I was not titling you in any way. I was voicing my opinion and giving my support. I was not and still am not targeting those who do not cheat. I was targeting the deaf ears my voice falls upon. A waste of my time really. I am sorry I offended you or made you feel I attacked you...that was not my intent. Those who take the easy way out are my targets. Again I apologize to you. Although should you be using the brain that is on your shoulders, you'll know I was not talking to you (that is not an insult, sorry I can be very un-tactful).

None.

Not even one.

Someone should write a poem with a picture of a panda, and maybe we'll get a blue post.
Go play Hardcore. More fun and less bot.
It's a very long grind. I've put in 350 hours on my DH alone, and I'm not even half-way there. This kind of stingent requirement makes people like me consider botting it. I mean, why not? The risk of being banned is probably very small anyway judging by all of the people using bots.

I have pretty decent gear for manually playing the game. But I don't see how I can make massive improvements now without botting. It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it.

Seems that D3 could use a carrot on the stick approach.
11/20/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Scala
I also find it curious that you don't add the 5 NV stacks for my 210%, but you add it to your MF to somehow show that you have more than me. If you give me the 5 stacks as well, it turns out I have 310% to your 405% even if I were playing MP0 (but I do MP2, not MP0). But, I'm probably killing 3 elite packs to every one of yours, so I'm pretty sure I'm finding more drops than you regardless. The fact that you try and trick with numbers to "prove" your point just shows that you are being dishonest.

The reason I didn't add anything to your MF was because I didn't know what MP you were playing on. I couldn't guess what your MF was because there was another variable I didn't know. There was no dishonesty.

Also, Nephalem Valor gives 15% per stack, not 25%. Your MF at MP0 with five stacks is 285%, not 310%. That means you'll have 335% at MP2. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just clarifying.

The reason I mentioned this in the first place was because your issue with drops could potentially be MF-related. Even though you kill far more than I do, you're not giving the dice as big of a chance to roll high.

11/20/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Scala
But after taking a look at your characters - at least what's left of them - I don't know how you could be running mp8 efficiently at all. Even my garbage wizard which has self-found hand-me-down gear has better stuff yours.

And my MP8 runs are not "efficient." I don't die much because I have pets, 800 Poison Resist, 600 Physical Resist, 44k health, and 2.4k Life Regen, but I do not kill things quickly (only 102k dps after Soul Harvest; about 2-5 minutes per elite depending on affixes), and I'm okay with that. Not-dying was the efficiency I was going for.

As long as I get at least one or two Legendaries per run (oftentimes I get more), I'm fine, and as far as I can tell that seems to be working for me.
Edited by Emberstone#1422 on 11/20/2012 8:04 PM PST
If blizzard refuses to do anything about botting I will quit the game, even before PVP comes out, and I won't be back once I quit. PVP is the only thing keeping me going, and its not enough anymore. I've gotten all my gear through legit means (playing the AH and a gearing service for barbs that charges 10% (no I have not used RMAH)), and I've watch my gear's value decline extremely rapidly due to rampant botting. Its not longer just the gold farming that's ruining the economy, its item farming and PL farming as well.

We don't care if you have to the controversial methods which monitor out processes. In this case, I'm all for big brother, as you don't have the ability to send me to jail indefinitely and without trial like the government does. Also, I have nothing to hide....yet. My other option besides quitting is joining them, and would really hate to see myself stoop to that level.
Edited by Ender#1728 on 11/20/2012 6:13 PM PST
I don't understand these complaints.

Does anyone want to play a game where they are the best at everything, have "best in slot" items, and have no more challenge? If you just want to play MP10, faceroll everything.. uh, congrats i guess? The game is now over for you.

The point of a game is to play it- if PLAYING THE GAME isn't fun, then quit. Personally, I've always played D3 as a time waster- that's what a grinding game is to me- something to occupy time when you don't feel like being productive. The great thing is, I suck so bad that things are still a challenge ---> fun to play. Getting a new item doesn't change the way the game plays- if it's not fun for you, it's just not fun for you. Get over it. Your new legendary pants won't change that.

Lastly- there is NOTHING competitive about diablo right now. No PVP, no challenges with other players. The only competition you have is yourself. Why do you give a !@#$ if you are playing MP5, instead of MP10? Oh right, so you can stroke your ego to a bunch of online gamers.

So go ahead, OP- Bot away. Then you can get all those sweet items, and in a month or 2 you'll be back here, saying the game is too easy, and it's no fun anymore, cause there's nothing left to do. But at least you'll be ready to shell out some more cash for an expansion as soon as it comes out so there's actually a point to play again...
Edited by battletag#11656 on 11/20/2012 6:28 PM PST
View profile
11/19/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Scala
It's a simple problem.

Your post is interesting, but I think you fall short right here.
11/20/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Emberstone
The reason I didn't add anything to your MF was because I didn't know what MP you were playing on. I couldn't guess what your MF was because there was another variable I didn't know. There was no dishonesty.

That BS. I accused you of dishonesty because you didn't add the 5 NV to my paragon MF, but you added it to yours and tried to make a fair comparison, as if to say that your character was "far surpassing" me in MF, which it wasn't. On top of this, I'm killing so much faster, so I honestly think if you're so lucky with drops, you'll probably find more on MP2 than on MP8 over longer periods of time. 1-2 legendary drops on MP8 per run is crap considering how long it takes to complete the run.

The reason I mentioned it in the first place was because your issue with drops could potentially be MF-related. Even though you kill far more than I do, you're not giving the dice as big of a chance to roll high.

Yeah, so being paragon level 70 and killing 20k more elites, I guess I haven't rolled the dice all that much then compared to you, right? Yeah right.

11/20/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Emberstone
And my MP8 runs are not "efficient." I don't die much because I have pets, 800 Poison Resist, 600 Physical Resist, 44k health, and 2.4k Life Regen, but I do not kill things quickly (only 102k dps after Soul Harvest; about 2-5 minutes per elite depending on affixes), and I'm okay with that.

This means that your 400+ mf doesn't mean much, because while you might have 20-25% better chance to get rares/legendaries for that one elite kill than I do, I am completely and utterly moving across entire maps, killing multiple elites in the same timeframe as you. Considering my elite kills and paragon levels, it makes sense that I'm getting more drops than you. The fact that you find a 70-all res inna's vast expanse with perfect rolls does not mean your strategy is better than mine or others - you were LUCKY.

Think of this way - you could play this game for 70 paragon levels, and find 1... maybe 2... inna vast expanses. On top of this, you need to find thousands of chest pieces to get the roll you got. And you still don't think you're lucky? You really think these rain from the sky and that every one you find is going to have godly rolls? Man, you are so delusional that I think you're just trolling.

You honestly haven't played the game enough to know what the expectations are yet. Run the game up to paragon 70 and then tell me your luck continued.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/20/2012 8:12 PM PST
I'm not even going to continue bothering past this post, because you're missing the point.

My dice rolls have a greater chance to roll higher than yours because I have 70%+ MF over you, which is why I'm getting better drops even though you've killed (and are capable of killing) thousands more than I have. Sample size matters little, because if your rolls are consistently lower, why does it matter?

And for added bonus points (because I've already ticked you off), I just sold an Immortal King's Triumph for another $50.

I guess I'm just lucky.
Edited by Emberstone#1422 on 11/20/2012 9:27 PM PST
The botters are prob working for blizzard to get RMAH items up for you to spend MORE of you money on. Activision CEO's are trying to max out their paragon levels for their yachts....
11/20/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Raven
The botters are prob working for blizzard to get RMAH items up for you to spend MORE of you money on. Activision CEO's are trying to max out their paragon levels for their yachts....

Tin foil hat? Conspiracy much? Do you know how stupid you sound?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]