Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

Sorry but what a bunch of complainers. "I chose to play a grinding game and I can't stand grinding so change it or I'll start cheating!" Hey, in real life, I'll probably never make as much as a bank robber who stole millions, I guess I should start robbing banks too! Take that, society!

This is why the whole AH system was a bad idea in the first place for this game. I actually don't mind it because it would happen anyway behind the scenes and I'd rather Blizzard run it than have people rely on some shady, backdoor dealer and get scammed. At the same time, it obviates what is, to many, a disturbing truth. If you choose to find your own gear, as I do, you'll never be at the forefront.

It makes perfect sense. My solo farming isn't going to yield me the same results as cherry-picking the best drops generated by hundreds of thousands of hours of playtime by other players. It's obvious. What then, is the solution? Simple. Either use the AH and auto-win the game (though why anyone would find this rewarding is beyond me), find your own gear and enjoy the satisfaction that comes with it (along with some frustration at being less geared than your AH driven counterparts), or realize that D3 isn't the game for you because you don't like to loot hunt in a loot-hunting game.

When you finally reach the point most players are at, the point of little to zero reward, you will understand just how painful this game can be.
Yes. By flooding the market with more items, botters increase the price of items.

Wait... what?
It's amusing to see on the bot forums, that they are complaining to keep it down, because there are complaints on blizzard forums.

The botters know, they browse the forums, and they want this issue to stay silent.

Fat chance of that ever happening. It's the internet.
I like how the Op acts like its a matter of life or death.. Its just a game man... Or let me guess you use the game like a job and try to make a living off the RMAH? You have mouths to feed right? lol baby needs a new pair of shoes!!!

Give me a Break lol...
Yes. By flooding the market with more items, botters increase the price of items.

Wait... what?

I never said that. If you read my post, I said it makes almost all of the drops people find worthless, which is exactly the opposite.

But to get the best gear, it will cost a lot. So it's either farming tons of gold to afford the items, or simply botting the game to eventually find them.
I like how the Op acts like its a matter of life or death.. Its just a game man... Or let me guess you use the game like a job and try to make a living off the RMAH? You have mouths to feed right? lol baby needs a new pair of shoes!!!

Give me a Break lol...

You clearly don't know how to read then because I never said it was a matter of life or death. You are reading something that isn't there just to make a bogus point that isn't even the truth.

Wait... what?

I never said that. If you read my post, I said it makes almost all of the drops people find worthless, which is exactly the opposite.

But to get the best gear, it will cost a lot. So it's either farming tons of gold to afford the items, or simply botting the game to eventually find them.

So you think without bots, the best gear would be cheaper and easier to get?
11/19/2012 10:59 AMPosted by DeadRu
I'm not in a place where I'm tempted to bot... but I understand where the OP is coming from.

ya well he's a loser and the game don't need him. I have no use for cheaters regardless of the lame excuses they come up with.

I haven't cheated.

So you think without bots, the best gear would be cheaper and easier to get?

No. We already know because of D2, the very best gear is always expensive regardless of the bots. It hardly ever went down in value.

So as gold becomes more worthless, the only way to really get gear is the RMAH or with one or more bots, because manually farming it will take you way too long.

The real difference is that without bots, the medium to pretty good stuff would actually sell for reasonable amounts, and you'd be able to convert all of that to some form of currency to get 1 piece of good gear. You can't do that right now, because mostly everything that drops - even if it's pretty good to use - is not valuable.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/19/2012 11:26 AM PST
You'll need a second account to do your botting, in case you're one of the dozens who get caught up in the 6-8 month ban waves. If they do look up from banning zoom-out hacks and actually ban you as a botter, then Blizzard is more than happy to sell you another account to carry on your automated work from the same IP.

Just be sure to regularly transfer your gold and items to your main account just to be safe, since Blizzard has no interest in tracking suspicious, repeated transactions between accounts. I mean how unusual could it really be for a level 60 character to play 24/7, never pass nightmare, have over 200k elite kills, and regularly transfer millions of gold to another account? Move along, nothing to see here.

When you finally reach the point most players are at, the point of little to zero reward, you will understand just how painful this game can be.

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand. I have an alt account with a DH who's at roughly 84k DPS, and heck, even with my lame-o gear on this account, it's pretty hard for me to find an upgrade. My point is, people play this game while they seem to simultaneously remain clueless to the inevitable. Sooner or later, you WILL reach a point where finding an upgrade, or even buying one, is something that almost never happens. It is impossible for it to be otherwise, and I'll illustrate it with a simple example.

For the sake of simplicity, let's just assume a "perfect" weapon is 100 DPS. Through many hours of playtime and sheer luck, you've found one that's 98.5. What are the chances that you'll roll another one that's higher? You're shooting for a very narrow window. What's more, the only meaningful way for Blizzard to allow you to upgrade your gear is to add a new class of weapons which extend the range, say, 100 - 130 DPS. Except now you're way too powerful for the existing game. Okay, so they raise the difficulty to compensate, and then the cycle repeats, over and over.

The conclusion here is either you're stuck perpetually looking for that marginal upgrade (which I accept as the endgame of all loot hunting games), or you're stuck in a permanent cycle of raising weapon damage, then raising mob difficulty, on and on (like most MMOs). I don't see a third option.
Edited by Exile#1863 on 11/19/2012 11:28 AM PST

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand. I have an alt account with a DH who's at roughly 84k DPS, and heck, even with my lame-o gear on this account, it's pretty hard for me to find an upgrade. My point is, people play this game while they seem to simultaneously remain clueless to the inevitable. Sooner or later, you WILL reach a point where finding an upgrade, or even buying one, is something that almost never happens. It is impossible for it to be otherwise, and I'll illustrate it with a simple example.

In Diablo 2, for the most part, you could by yourself get best-in-slot gear. Yes, there were some items that were very much out of reach for most players, but these items were few and far between. For the most part, you could get 98% best in slot gear all on your own and in a fraction of the time I have played Diablo 3.

In D2, it was more about trying out different builds and playing lots of characters. There were lots of viable and interesting builds and ways to use them in D2. In D3, there is only farming. It's a lot less about making many characters and it's simply more about making the absolute best character. The problem is that the cap of "the best gear" is impossible for any mortal to achieve. This was never the case in D2, and it's actually a pretty big problem with D3 that it has become the case.
I doubt Blizzard will do anything real against it. Just look at D2 I know "someone" who botted with 4 accounts at the same time and never ever got banned for it.

Blizzard said they wanted D3 online only to prevent duping and botting, lol. I call bs on it, it was just a copy protection so ppls dont piracy D3 for s.player and to lure alot of ppls to join the RMAH club so they could make even more money with D3.

Or look at WoW a game you pay monthly, I know "someone" who botted with a FREE bot which was very well known and everyone could download it since cata and never got banned for it ever ... This is just sad.

I doubt Kotick or ActiBli$_$ard cares, they got already our money. The Blizzard we loved sadly died after BC /sigh. Now its the same money grab company as any other.

In D2, it was more about trying out different builds and playing lots of characters. There were lots of viable and interesting builds and ways to use them in D2. In D3, there is only farming. It's a lot less about making many characters and it's simply more about making the absolute best character. The problem is that the cap of "the best gear" is impossible for any mortal to achieve. This was never the case in D2, and it's actually a pretty big problem with D3 that it has become the case.

I played D2, though nowhere near as much as I play this game, and I understand where you're coming from. For me, a guy with limited time and finances for gaming, I appreciate that this game has me chasing the best possible gear in perpetuity, but I totally understand why many others don't want or desire that experience. All I can say is, in the expansion, I hope Blizzard rises to the occasion and proves that they deserve to be called one of the best developers around. Ideally, they'll find a middle ground, but the design of this game makes it inherently problematic since the only versatility comes from gear, which is not very diverse in itself.

The othe culprit is simply human psychology. We've seen it already with Inferno. It was meant to be a mode for only the most hardcore gamers to continue challenging themselves, but what happened? Casuals, as people often do, identified it as the real end of the game, so they were not satisfied until they could beat it as well, which resulted in frustration, and the inevitable dumbing down of Inferno soon followed. In the same way, even if 99% of the playerbase had gear that was 90% as good as the upper 1% of hardcore players, I suspect that, wanting the best, they would continue to complain that this gear was out of reach and the game was broken. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Hmm no inferno was meant to be a farming difficulty with same difficulty in all acts and same monster lvl everywhere so you didnt need to farm just one boss.

They just changed it in the last seconds because of ppls crying that every act is same hard and there is no progression.

If its really THAT bad then maybe its time to start playing a new game. Whats the point if the fun is gone? I cant imagine botting is fun.

Give me a Break lol...

You clearly don't know how to read then because I never said it was a matter of life or death. You are reading something that isn't there just to make a bogus point that isn't even the truth.

Ok if its not a matter of life or death (which I said you are ACTING like it is).. Then why do you need to compete with bots? Why are you so worried about others if its just a game and a form of entertaintment? You said you cant keep up with bots and you are mad about it obviously.. So are you playing the game for fun and entetainment or do you just want to compete with bots by using a bot (and not playing the game) yourself?
If you are so addicted to this game where it's discouraging/not fun for you anymore, yet you still feel the need to play it and seriously consider "botting" to make it enjoyable... I think you have larger issues at hand. Try getting a life, or finding a new game to play.
It is really too bad casual players have to compete with bots. Causal players lose every time.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]