Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

I'm not even going to continue bothering past this post, because you're missing the point.

My dice rolls have a greater chance to roll higher than yours because I have 70%+ MF over you, which is why I'm getting better drops even though you've killed (and are capable of killing) thousands more than I have. Sample size matters little, because if your rolls are consistently lower, why does it matter?

And for added bonus points (because I've already ticked you off), I just sold an Immortal King's Triumph for another $50.

I guess I'm just lucky.

You're not very smart at this game. MF does not influence the quality of the drops at all. It does not influence the rolls of the rares or legendaries. You could technically find 40 legendaries in a row and they could all be total crap. More mf does not mean quality - it just means quantity.

And while you might have 70+ mf more than me, that's not 70% better chances compared to me - it's more like 20% or so. But since I kill at least 2 elites for every one of yours (and probably a lot faster than that since I kill elites in like 5 seconds), I am actually getting almost double the drops compared to you even if I can only kill 2 elite packs for every one of yours.

But you seem to think that 20% more legendaries from your MF gives you 1000000x better chances to get a near perfect inna's vast expanse. It just won't.

You *were* lucky.

And seeing that you really don't understand the mechanics of this game, it's not surprising to me that you have no idea how lucky you were.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/20/2012 9:44 PM PST
Automation Programs ("Bots")
We take action against accounts using automation programs or bots when one or more heroes on the account are identified using a bot to achieve automation.
If a player is found to have used such a program, they may:

Be temporarily suspended from the game

gg bliz
I'm not even going to continue bothering past this post, because you're missing the point.

My dice rolls have a greater chance to roll higher than yours because I have 70%+ MF over you, which is why I'm getting better drops even though you've killed (and are capable of killing) thousands more than I have. Sample size matters little, because if your rolls are consistently lower, why does it matter?

And for added bonus points (because I've already ticked you off), I just sold an Immortal King's Triumph for another $50.

I guess I'm just lucky.

You're not very smart at this game. MF does not influence the quality of the drops at all. It does not influence the rolls of the rares or legendaries.

What?

Pebanenx

Customer Service Representative

Howdy Akuru,

Magic Find increases the odds for found items (from monsters or objects) to be "higher quality".

Tonitruumus

Customer Service Representative

Howdy

Magic find increases the chances of the drops that do occur to be legendary. So while magic find doesn’t increase the drop rate of treasure itself, it does make it more likely that what drops will be better quality up to and including legendary.
11/20/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Emberstone
I'm not even going to continue bothering past this post

Looks like I lied.

11/20/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Scala
You're not very smart at this game. MF does not influence the quality of the drops at all. It does not influence the rolls of the rares or legendaries. You could technically find 40 legendaries in a row and they could all be total crap. More mf does not mean quality - it just means quantity.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find
/
With the lack of sufficient gold sinks and abundance of bots, the economy is seriously screwed up. I'm not sure what could fix it. Although since the botters can convert their gold to cash through the RMAH with blizzard taking their cut, I'm not sure there's any incentive at all to fix the game.
you all sound like a bunch of babies
90 Troll Mage
Wasn't their justification for online only to prevent things like botting, duping, hacking. Funny, I have seen many many threads about all 3 of those issues.
I really gotta laugh, OP is already botting, look at his gear. This is ridiculous, most ppl complaining already have much better gear than I and claim they don't bot. Look at my gear, I embody real play, I don't use RMAH or bot, what I wear is what I found or what I bought from the Gold Auction house. No cheating here. Geez
11/20/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Emberstone
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find

You apparently don't know how to read the page that you linked to me. There is nothing that says MF rolls better stats on legendaries or rares. You may get more 6-property rares, but that is no guarantee that any of them will be any good. This especially goes for legendaries, as most of them are !@#$. With your MF you're basically going to get the same !@#$ty rares and legendaries that I get, but a few more of them per run on average, but it will take you much longer per run than it takes me.

Of course, I tried to explain this to you, but you ignore it:

You could technically find 40 legendaries in a row and they could all be total crap. More mf does not mean quality - it just means quantity.

Again, do you really think having 20% more mf but killing elites many times slower on MP8 at a !@#$ty paragon level will give you better drops than someone speed running MP0-2 at a high paragon level? Learn the game mechanics. You're making yourself look stupider after every post.

The nice thing about diablo games is that you can be a total nitwit about the MF and drop mechanics and still get a lucky drop worth quite a bit. Only problem is that the nitwit doesn't understand that he was lucky, and he actually thinks he was being optimal and smart.

It's not much different than a donk picking up pocket aces in texas hold'em against a poker pro with pocket kings. If the donky wins because no professional would ever fold kings to an unknown player - or anyone for that matter - the donkey might brag and tell everyone that he must be the best poker player in the world. This analogy seems fitting since it's pretty clear you don't understand how MF, monster power and drops work.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/21/2012 12:03 AM PST
11/20/2012 11:11 PMPosted by TheGrither
I really gotta laugh, OP is already botting, look at his gear. This is ridiculous, most ppl complaining already have much better gear than I and claim they don't bot. Look at my gear, I embody real play, I don't use RMAH or bot, what I wear is what I found or what I bought from the Gold Auction house. No cheating here. Geez

Before you accuse someone of botting, you should have some proof. I haven't botted anything. Ask anyone on my friend's list.

I never used RMAH either. If I used the RMAH, do you really think I would have purchased the gear I have knowing it's all going to tank in value? I would have bought the absolute best gear possible so that I had any hope of getting my money back. Of course I didn't RMAH my gear. That should be obvious just by looking at it.

I don't think the gear I have is THAT hard to get if you put the time in. Getting beyond my gear is an entirely different matter.

You are paragon 6. Do you expect to have amazing gear? Paragon 70 is a lot more playtime than you. Get to paragon 70, and I'd be shocked if you didn't have similar gear.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/20/2012 11:43 PM PST
11/20/2012 11:14 PMPosted by Scala

Before you accuse someone of botting, you should have some proof. I haven't botted anything. Ask anyone on my friend's list.

I never used RMAH either.

I don't think the gear I have is THAT hard to get if you put the time in. Getting beyond my gear is an entirely different matter.

You are paragon 6. Do you expect to have amazing gear? Paragon 70 is a lot more playtime than you. Get to paragon 70, and I'd be shocked if you didn't have similar gear.

I've spread my time with all my chars, add up all their paragons, I play more than you realize.
Oh the irony .... the only people who are getting screwed are those who respect Blizzard's TOS
11/19/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Rosalinda
they want you to join them.

Actually they want you to break out your CC and use the RMAH once you hit the upgrade wall.

Alllll going according to plan!
11/20/2012 11:22 PMPosted by TheGrither

I never used RMAH either.

I've spread my time with all my chars, add up all their paragons, I play more than you realize.

Do you realize that going from paragon 69-70 was likely more time running the game than 1-6? You've killed 14k elites in total, most of those probably not in inferno. My DH has killed 22+ just by herself. When you get to paragon 70 and kill as many elites as I have, you'll probably have the same gear I have. Put the effort in. You don't need to bot.
The op is making a clever ploy to get blizzard off it's can and do something.

Bravo sir.

Yes! Someone that understands and actually realizes that I'm not serious about botting for once!

Thank you.
Hey guys - great discussion here, and really interesting inputs. I just put out a new "Heroes of Sanctuary" episode where we discuss "botting" and what it means etc. Check it out over on the RTG Channel:

http://youtu.be/Rbj00QP-g_E

We have a good discussion going on with lots of strong opinions, would love to add some more voices to the discussion. Check it out and let us know what you think in the channel comments.

Cheers 0/

RTG Sibcoe
----------------
www.youtube.com/redteamgaming
www.twitter.com/redteamgaming
Hi Blizzard,
The introduction to the paragon leveling system, which is great for the most part, further increases the use of bots. It's a very long grind. I've put in 350 hours on my DH alone, and I'm not even half-way there. This kind of stingent requirement makes people like me consider botting it. I mean, why not? The risk of being banned is probably very small anyway judging by all of the people using bots.

I have pretty decent gear for manually playing the game. But I don't see how I can make massive improvements now without botting. It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it.

It seems to me that you're treating Diablo 3 like it's your job. If this was a job complaint, hell yea I would buy a robot to do my work for me and still get my reward. Otherwise, it's a game and it's not supposed to feel like you HAVE to do anything. You don't HAVE to spend 50-100 hours, it's all luck and if you want a robot to play slots for you, then you sir don't understand how to play a video game. Botting completely defeats the purpose of this game and quite frankly will get you banned. I'll admit my gear is really bad, but hey, it can only get better WHILE I PLAY THE GAME. If you aren't having fun with Diablo 3 then don't play it all together. If you ARE having fun but still complaining, then hell, I find it really funny.

350 hours is a lot of hours playing Diablo 3 but if you're playing a video game, hours spent having fun in a game shouldn't really count for anything. I could maybe spend 1000 hours on my monk and still have mediocre gear, but you know what? I don't really care because I'd only spend that much time if I were having fun and enjoy the game a lot. Iv'e never heard of HAVING to spend 50-100 hours in order to HAVE FUN.

Lastly, FUN. For botters who have "Fun" botting, it's a type of fun for breaking rules, so they are "playing" the game for a whole different reason. If you want to bot, then you are playing Diablo 3 for all the wrong reasons. PS, im not talking about the OP here, im talking to those who are actually considering to bot.
Edited by NoTactics#1236 on 11/21/2012 4:49 AM PST
Sorry but what a bunch of complainers. "I chose to play a grinding game and I can't stand grinding so change it or I'll start cheating!" Hey, in real life, I'll probably never make as much as a bank robber who stole millions, I guess I should start robbing banks too! Take that, society!

Hey dude...

Did you know that...

hmmmm...

Diablo III is a COMPUTER GAME????
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]