Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

Diablo III is a COMPUTER GAME????

It's unfortunate but there are people who seek achievement in video games because they have not really achieved anything in real life...games shouldn't tailor to those kinds of people otherwise it wont improve their situation
"It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it."

100% agree with this statement. Might even be longer for me. I have wrong gear equipped atm, but I am 205k buffed, & 180k unbuffed.

all working as intended~

Diablo III is a COMPUTER GAME????

It's unfortunate but there are people who seek achievement in video games because they have not really achieved anything in real life...games shouldn't tailor to those kinds of people otherwise it wont improve their situation

Bread and circuses. Not everyone can be the star quarterback or rock star. It's not unfortunate at all. The skinner box needs to make everyone feel like a special snowflake. That's what it's all about. If they want to complain that hitting the lever to get the prize is too hard and have to buy their way out just let them fester in their own stink because they're too lazy to move. Auction houses and bots are for scrubs.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you just might find, you get what you need.
Edited by Zymurgeist#1185 on 11/21/2012 5:10 AM PST

Bread and circuses. Not everyone can be the star quarterback or rock star. It's not unfortunate at all. The skinner box needs to make everyone feel like a special snowflake. That's what it's all about. If they want to complain that hitting the lever to get the prize is too hard and have to buy their way out just let them fester in their own stink because they're too lazy to move. Auction houses and bots are for scrubs.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you just might find, you get what you need.

Yea, not everybody can be a rock star or star quarterback, but everyone can achieve something in real life that means something ("means something" is up for opinion but to me it means something that affects other people in a good...or bad way, hopefully good). If you're telling me that there are people who are not good at ANYTHING in real life and only good at playing video games, then they should just make it a profession, be a pro player. Otherwise, I seriously doubt that there is a sizable amount of players in this player base who are like that.
Edited by NoTactics#1236 on 11/21/2012 5:23 AM PST
View profile
11/19/2012 10:53 AMPosted by vortexwolf
I'm considering starting a bot.

>Plays by Demon Hunter

Are you going to bot on nightmare?
Because 100 deaths per hour on inferno will attract Blizzard's attention very quickly.

i Lol'ed

Perhaps this way it will get into your thick skull, the problem is Blizzard believes people will keep pulling the lever, no matter how difficult it is to do so, when there is no reward.

To remain at your condescending example, people were asking for a whole set of levers with which we *can* control what we get as the current system of pull it and get some random junk thrown at you is not satisfying!
the solution 2this *ahem* issue is very very simple, & doesn't have to involve violation of terms of service.

& u have several options 2choose from..

1. quit.
that's the most surefire way for your incessant complaining to cease.

2. teaming up w/ ppl who fit your playing style.
you'll find a reinvigoration in partying up w/ others, & probably will see an increase in drops (lessing the % even if ever so slightly between the 5h!t drops & the worthy) & gold farming

3. AH - make adjustments to your gear that give u more favorable stats to accomplish what you must or acquire what u need. (for example: more gf to farm high gold piles, more mf to increase drops, more dps to kill quicker in a harder environment, etc.. etc..)

2do this is doesn't require 100's of millions of gold either, bargain basement shopping is ez if u study the marketplace.. & if u spend as much time studying the market trends as u do complaining, u'll find some NICE values in the AH.

4. RMAH - same as above..

here's the difference w/ the logic behind the RMAH... if u spend 50-100 hours farming for items & net nothing. if you have a JOB. calculate what you would net on ur paycheck for 50-100 hours worth of work @whatever your hourly pay rate or salary..

hypothetically, lets say within that entire 50-100 hour span u find 1 item that sells for let's say 100mil gold (which translate to about $50). Do the math & calculate how u made only $50 in 50-100 hours ($1 -.50¢ per hour) versus what you u will make in 50-100 hours @your job...

once u do the math, it's obvious which is the most viable option unless ur broke & have no job. in which case ur priorities r all SCREWED UP & u need not be playing any sorts of games & getting on ur GRIND in LIFE, not on D3.

these are the options any1 who b!tch3z have to choose from that won't have u rolling the dice & risk a banned account or key.

the choice is simple.. now CHOOSE.
55 Night Elf Death Knight
When I created my account I would get at least one friend request a day from one. I think that's a challenge any online game has to deal with. Of course bots get banned but that does very little to fix the problem. Bots are ran on disposable accounts that are designed to make gold and items for the AH. As soon as Bliz bans that account there is a new one created. Only a fool would bot with the account he plays with...
hey anyone know where i can get a bot?
Just out of curiosity for the past hour i've been searching and seems very easy and cheap to get one...
Sorry but what a bunch of complainers. "I chose to play a grinding game and I can't stand grinding so change it or I'll start cheating!" Hey, in real life, I'll probably never make as much as a bank robber who stole millions, I guess I should start robbing banks too! Take that, society!

This is why the whole AH system was a bad idea in the first place for this game. I actually don't mind it because it would happen anyway behind the scenes and I'd rather Blizzard run it than have people rely on some shady, backdoor dealer and get scammed. At the same time, it obviates what is, to many, a disturbing truth. If you choose to find your own gear, as I do, you'll never be at the forefront.

It makes perfect sense. My solo farming isn't going to yield me the same results as cherry-picking the best drops generated by hundreds of thousands of hours of playtime by other players. It's obvious. What then, is the solution? Simple. Either use the AH and auto-win the game (though why anyone would find this rewarding is beyond me), find your own gear and enjoy the satisfaction that comes with it (along with some frustration at being less geared than your AH driven counterparts), or realize that D3 isn't the game for you because you don't like to loot hunt in a loot-hunting game.

You're only 40k dps. You still have a lot to look forward to.

@OP. Really? You are a DH and you are gonna call someone out on their dps... I am not saying I am perfect in any way... but you have a long way to go as well. I agree 100% with Exile... just quit. As far as even threatening to cheat... I hope someone throws a lit match with some gas onto your computer... You are probably one of those little kids who uses an aim bot in FPS's because you don't have the hand-eye coordination for those types of games either... am I right? I despise cheaters/hackers... you are just worthless for even starting this thread IMO.

Yet you expect a blue to post in here for your happiness.... welcome to the real world where life is not always fair.
Edited by PayBackElite#1455 on 11/21/2012 8:18 AM PST
If anyone ever deserved a temp ban... it is the OP.
you know whats so funny though this guy makes a very good point its just like those scammers out there anybody know blizzard01 the "game master" that has been reported prob over a thousand times and his account is still active to this day? lawl!!! scamming should be bannable also in the same sense that botting should be bannable. they are both CROOKS and THIEVES! i wonder why neither of these have been taken action upon.... you cant even report a scammer on the forums or you will be banned/suspended for slander! lawl!!! its funny how 3rd party orginizations have more care for the diablo community in this sense then battlenet/blizzard does very sad....

these same bots and scammers are the reason why your items are depreciating in value i remember the one time i spent money on the rmah and bought 3 skorns at 10-15m a piece when gold was $1.70 per mil and they started dropping in value FAST. today those skorns are woth 500k a piece TOPS! WHY??? i just recently bought an ik chest for 50m now its worth 25 TOPS. these crooks are destroying the economy... look at the other tricks they are doing dropping the prices on a mass collection of brimstones and gems then buying ALL OF YOURS at a LOW PRICE then upping the price of their mass collection of these items and re selling the ones they bought at an even higher price making like a 1k% PROFIT!!!!.... pretty sad that this is being allowed to happen i believe some kind of cap should be put in place on items now.

you guys are flaming and trolling this guy but once your 1b item becomes worth 10k who will be laughing then? people have lost hundreds to thousands of dollars in item value and gold value when that starts happening to YOU i think you wont think its such a game any more
Edited by Masterpoo#1227 on 11/21/2012 8:51 AM PST
One of the biggest problems that even the biggest noob can figure out in the first 10 minutes of playing the game is that Majic, Rare, Set, and Legondary items are just that Not Rare at all. By the time your lvl 10 you are pretty much fully equipped with some sort of majic or rare items totaly. So from that point on I dont even know why non majic items even drop. You will never use them even if they do more damage, becasue they dont give you that minute advantage in One skill or another. So the whole time you continue to play all you do is look for a better majical item that will boost your abilities, and give you a good DPS. Its sad really, if Blizzzard wanted to change that its almost to late, you would have to have non Majic tiems drop with extrordanarly high DPS and very low lvl requirement for someone to even consider using it.

So The Botting question No longe becomes one of suggestion is becomes one of necessity. You cant play long enough to find that one thing that will inprove your character within a reasonable ammount of time. Nor is there a logical way to fix that without Nerfing all the current items.

Blizzard has done this per say on a volentary basis by allowing you to set an even higher difficulty but thats purely on your own accord and for the bonus of just finding more crapy majic items that you will either just throw away or dissmantle. It does not improve your chance of getting an item that will be better than the ones you have already its just a crapy blue, yellow one.

I am fully against Botting and i do think that those who do it are cheating, but inorder to improve you need better gear and to get better grear you need to play , so why not have a script that plays for you. Here is the why, because that is no FUN! I dont want some script eating my cake, so why do i want it have all my fun for me too.
If you're botting you're not playing. If you believe that you have advantages or disadvantages over other players, then you might want to rework your way of approaching this.
Too late, botters won long ago, now gold is worth 1/10 that price.
Ok sooooo if you bot whats the point of playing after you get all you gear whats the point of playing then?
The reason why they aren't as heavy on banning bots is because tons of the bots are selling their items on the RMAH, which the 15% transaction fee gives Bli$$ard money. They don't want to ban the people who give them lots of their money, would they?
Its true , the effort put forth by we the player just isn't eqall to the reward. To begin with you first have to attain the NV X 5 stack only after that do we begin to see the rare drops.
The worst part of it is attaining the gear to be competetive and to do that you depend on getting those rare and legendary pieces that will allow you to do this.
Unfortuneately the drop are worthless more often than not and 99% of the time useless to your character, so where is the incentive to play on.
It appears that the only way to move up is to Bot or not to bot that is the Question.
Blizzard has lost sight of the player and has only eyes for the dollar, I know because thats how i get my gear, on RMAH. I didn't want to believe but a fool can see the writing on the wall.
It just doesn't add up why do i have to buy my gear when i should have earned it and more one look at my profile bares this out , the hours spent and not more items icould use in my build that i can count on one hand. Those of you that know me know i don't lie or cheat and that i am a generous player, i am truly sad that this has become what it is and i feel sorry for others now just beginning , they'll have it worse than I at least i began when this game was still about the player and not the dollars that they can shake down these kids for.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]