Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

View profile
quick blizz, fix this so people keep using the rmah instead of bottin their stuff :)
only 350?
bots are flooding the AH with items yet prices are too high to get upgrades

it's impossible to have both of those things at the same time
Hahah, go ahead and bot your heart out. You will be banned in a matter of weeks.
90 Worgen Warlock
botting is a myth and everyone know it.

It's unfortunate but there are people who seek achievement in video games because they have not really achieved anything in real life...games shouldn't tailor to those kinds of people otherwise it wont improve their situation

Bread and circuses. Not everyone can be the star quarterback or rock star. It's not unfortunate at all. The skinner box needs to make everyone feel like a special snowflake. That's what it's all about. If they want to complain that hitting the lever to get the prize is too hard and have to buy their way out just let them fester in their own stink because they're too lazy to move. Auction houses and bots are for scrubs.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you just might find, you get what you need.

This isn't me whining that I can't get better gear or that I can't be best.

This is about other people getting an unfair advantage over legit players and getting the best stuff and more wealth.

Why do people in this thread constantly try to make analogies with rich vs. poor, or the concept that "life isn't fair", or that you can't what you want. This post has nothing to do with that. It's like people like you just cherry-pick one paragraph and remove the context of the rest of the post to try and counter a point that was NEVER made in the first place. You and like a dozen other people tried to do this, and clearly don't understand the post.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/21/2012 12:45 PM PST
bots are flooding the AH with items yet prices are too high to get upgrades

it's impossible to have both of those things at the same time

I already explained. Read my post on this issue and you'll understand it. It's not too hard. I'm not going to type my response to this again. It's in the thread. Go find it.
you goto demonbuddy and see its undetectable.
"It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it."

100% agree with this statement. Might even be longer for me. I have wrong gear equipped atm, but I am 205k buffed, & 180k unbuffed.

all working as intended~

Let's ignore the fact that I think the grind for BiS gear is too much.

If everyone had to go through the same process to the get BiS gear, then I wouldn't have made any post at all. This is not a post about me complaining about not having better gear. This is a post that most of the players that do have better gear are botting to get it.
View profile
Naw man, dont do it, you will eventually get caught and then all that you have is gone. Just hang in there, that huge godly drop will come. Might not be this week or even this month but it will come. Till then just play and have fun. No point in stressing something you cant change
Edited by SorrowsWind#1174 on 11/21/2012 1:07 PM PST
11/21/2012 01:07 PMPosted by SorrowsWind
Naw man, dont do it, you will eventually get caught and then all that you have is gone. Just hang in there, that huge godly drop will come. Might not be this week or even this month but it will come. Till then just play and have fun. No point in stressing something you cant change

I AM NOT GOING TO BOT.

Why are there so many stupid people that actually take the post on the superficial level that I am actually serious about botting?

The post was made to establish a point to Blizzard so they get off their !@# and do something.
View profile
11/21/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Scala

I AM NOT GOING TO BOT.

Why are there so many stupid people that actually take the post on the superficial level that I am actually serious about botting?

The post was made to establish a point to Blizzard so they get off their !@# and do something.

If that was your intention or not, DO NOT DO IT. Now your being a bit superficial yourself dont ya think?

I AM NOT GOING TO BOT.

If that was your intention or not, DO NOT DO IT. Now your being a bit superficial yourself dont ya think?

This thread is filled with people who

1) Think I am going to bot, which I won't.

2) Think I am just secretly jealous of people with better gear, and that's the "real" reason I made this post.

To be honest, most of it is just filled with trolls and stupid people. This is my last post in this thread.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/21/2012 1:30 PM PST
All I know is the amount of legendaries has increased ten fold since the last patch. The lowest price pre patch of a Tyrael's Might was 10 million gold,now they are under 1 million gold. While they doubled the drop rate of legendaries, the math doesn't even begin to add up.

Conclusion:
The last patch was a botter's wet dream. MP0 Act III is easy enough so botters can now farm for items just as easy as gold with minimal investment in gear.
View profile

This thread is filled with people who

1) Think I am going to bot, which I won't.

2) Think I am just secretly jealous of people with better gear, and that's the "real" reason I made this post.

To be honest, most of it is just filled with trolls and stupid people. This is my last post in this thread.

Sometimes the best approach is be very blunt and straight up. Change you Op to something like this:

BLIZZARD, FIX THE FUGGIN BOTS, IT IS DESTROYING THE GAME! IF YOU CANT DO THAT THEN I WILL JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON WITH THE REST OF THE CHEATING NO GOOD TRASH SCUM RUINING THE GAME AND THE ECONOMY.

thank you
signed op.
Edited by SorrowsWind#1174 on 11/21/2012 1:37 PM PST
Um Op if it takes you 50 hours to upgrade your Demon Hunter Looking at your profile ummm, what are you doing???

Your dh is extremely viably cheaply upgradeable. Your dh is not that incredible but can still farm quite efficiently. If thats how you feel why dont you just take a break. I have never will never bot a game, I do not cheat on offline or other games, and I never botted on d2. Try another character out, enjoy a hellfire on an alt. Theres more then endlessly grinding after you hit a certain point.

if your not enjoying playing don't do it. I do not and have never even considered botting, anyone that is should just reevaluate what your doing. As a 90 paragon that can easily farm 65m xp/hr + reevaluate how your farming, what your looting, and what your doing. In the past 20 hours with nothing relly out of the ordinary whatsoever i have made roughly 200 million gold. No extraordinary drops or anything like that.

top 200 for wd's in the us and a legit player, I have also rmahd over 1 billion worth of gold, or i would be much further progression wise and gearing, I just don't care all that much. Im happy with my Witch Doctor hes lots of fun. Judging by my viewpoint, I get the feeling you think anyone more progresse then you is a bot, and this is very simply not the case.

Ive watched a few people that "were" on my last played list, from doing a few public games, suddenly disapear, that were playing non stop, very likely a bot, it is very hard given legal restrictions to properly catch a bot relative to what blizzard can do and cannot do with memory scanning. what they do is catching the vast majority of it. Look at diablo progress and the number of para 100's it seems pretty reasonable to me, and not this epic problem your blowing it out of proportion to be. Out of my friends list, several i had also met thrugh public games, I have not seeen a single one of them on non stop or non responsive, or any kinds o tell tale signs of botting whatsoever.

It doeshappen im not blind, but if you do enjoy your inevitable ban, blizzard bans in massive waves, and does a fairly good job at anti botting measures. Could it be btter yes, but ultimately the botters are trying just as hard to get around blizzard security, as blizzard is stepping up there secruity measures, its a never ending game in any industry.

As far as security its a constant game of cat and mouse, and compared to many other online games ive seen 6 + months out from launch Blizzard does a very nice job trying to combat this. Thinkrealistically name another online game you have not seen "any" bots running around.
Edited by Osirisis#1959 on 11/21/2012 2:19 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]