Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

JNM you hit the nail on the head. It leaves me mindblown aswell, His actually a Botter himself hopeing to convince some poor !@#$ whos fed up with finding no drops to start botting and get hacked, Or he may actually be retarded.
I do not agree with the usage of bots, in real life many people cheat, this doesn't make it legit and it's not a reason to do so yourself... And it's the same with D3.
Anyway, think about it a second, you'll use bots, you'll drop all your dreamed gear in 1 month and then what ? Yeah that's right, game over.

By cons, I totally agree that bots are killing the game and punish honest players (but I doubt that Blizzard doesn't try to do anything about it).
The problem is that after an entire week on grinding/looting you finally got your H*** S*** drop ! But you quickly realize that it's worth 10 000 gold on the AH (and it doesn't even sell at that price.... I even suspect bots buying items lvl 63 under the price of 2000 gold to mass salvage them and resell the brimstones, essences, etc...).
So in the end of your harsh week you end up with your stash full of garbage and 30% of your paragon level done.... You don't need a conclusion degree to understand that you're wasting your time.
D3 is a very good game but lately because of all the bots and simply because of the short life of the loot/AH system I'll put it on a hold.
The paragon system made me replay it for more than 100h but it was only fun when you lv up every 2 days in average, not every 2 weeks (and the lack of good loots makes it more annoying).

So for me the game, as is, had delivered almost all that it had.
Great thanks for the good time Blizzard.

But until there's another patch that will make me fill that my time is not totally wasted I'll move to other games.
The bots that play in public games are easily detectable. A lot mimic some of your movement, their XP is extremely high. The amount of gold they have picked up usually is 100 million+. I mean how hard is it to put a filter in to monitor just those stats alone? Even if a bot deletes and restarts to keep XP low, the pick up of gold is perm. This has to be one of the laziest companies i've seen in removing bots.
90 Pandaren Monk
I only ever botted in games that i didn't have any interest in playing and weren't fun the times I did (Mu online). I understand the sentiments but really at the end of a day it is a game. If you aren't having fun playing, don't play. Blizzard noticed when alot of players, myself included hit the brick walls and stopped playing. i wish they could've retroactively added paragon levels for those who were max and grinded a bit before the patch but thats really my only complaint, and not one I would've expected them to do, or even be able to do for that matter.
Edited by Ruike#1361 on 11/21/2012 8:32 PM PST
dog#6463
gogo#6411
negasu#6502
a1942#6610
these guys are all botters
Is reporting them to blizzard possible?
Why is everyone in denial about how better bots made d2?
View profile
dog#6463
gogo#6411
negasu#6502
a1942#6610
these guys are all botters
Is reporting them to blizzard possible?

yes it is. make a report through hacks@blizzard.com, or use the webform located here: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html
This sounds a lot like what happened to DH then WIZ
Idk what blizzard is monitoring but they seems to waste their time.
Item botters are running wild without getting banned.
But all the item botters have same common line:
Only 1 character: Barbarian
Not using RMAH
Receiving either money or items once from Other account
Giving items or money to single other account
Playing ~12-24hours per day same Act Same MP
Starting to bot as soon they hit 60 and get gear from AH or other account

If you filter those option trough your blizzard databsae you will find 80% botters.
and START monitoring new accounts especially when they make barb.
Item botter makes minimum 100Eur per week, you must get them down ASAP else they just create new account.
Lock and investigate accounts who give money or receive from botters. Then you will find the real culprit
hmmm seems more like your asking bliz to watch barb more now that bots are looking at barb more than DH and WIZ .. interesting
Edited by senorfiesta#1541 on 11/22/2012 4:34 AM PST
I believe that the blizzard staffs' methods to stop botting is all wrong. Rather then having the staff monitor every account, a staff of developers should be working on a security program that does not allow diablo 3 to be opened up with any type of supplemental program. With the rate of growing botters, the ones that get banned simply purchase another copy of d3 and start botting again until they're found. This security program would be able to keep up with the latest botting programs, and every once in awhile, when a new program develops, that is when the hack team would be on top and eventually find the script, which would later be added to the securty systems database. This type of program has been used to eliminate botters and hackers on other games, and it would be well worth the try. At the rate new botters are starting to play, compared to the rate blizzard is banning these botters, the economy will get worse than it already is, which is hard to imagine. We need a faster and more efficient way to attack this problem, as I am quickly beginning to see how broken this game really is. My second thought is that blizzard has already given up on this game, judging by the rate problems seem to be increasing compared to the lack of actions being taken. Blizzard, I hope you guys know that many of us loyal customers, waited over a decade for this game to come out since d2, but have found this game way under par to what we've experienced from you guys in the past.
11/19/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Exile
chose to play a grinding game and I can't stand grinding so change it or I'll start cheating

That.

Ppl are saying it's bots. But have you considered the drop chances are much higher on everything now (as ppl was moaning about in the beginning, too low drop chances) which means, not only you, but everybody else have more "good" loot now, which obviously makes the prices drop.

Ppl have gotten what they asked for, and is now "paying the price". Blizzard did say, that even if they increased the drop rate, there would be a boom in upgrades on your char, untill you reach the next "tier" and then it will be back to where you came from.

This game IS grinding. You don't have time for it? well, then as everywhere else, you will have to settle with what you can get, won't you? Ppl who work 70 hours a week, tends to get paid better than ppl who work 7 hours a week.
Youre doing fine dude. Its all about perspective. The only reason you want to bot is because you feel left behind and the botters have better gear? What do you want everything to just be handed to you? Do you feel no reward for youre work?

I dont think this is a problem with the game. No matter how they change the drop rates, youre going to have to work really hard for that top 1% gear. Becasue the top 1% will always be the top 1%. theres only 1% of it, theres not enough to share for everyone.

Quit being a cry baby. Youre gear is fine, just keep working on improvements. You dont need high mp to find good gear or to make gold, and you dont need to use rmah.

Diablo has always been very difficult to climb to the top, It always will be. Thats the nature of random drops with 6 affixe's and a wide variation of the quality of each affix. Everyone at one point will reach a point where upgrades are hard to come by, thats built in. Youre gear is getting good enough so that makes upgrades less common.

Just keep at it, youre doing fine and quit comparing youre gear to botters. I dont like botters either, but really right now they have little effect on you. If anything, they are making upgrades EASIER for you to get.

edit: Also agree with what others say, If you dont like to grind on a grinding game, then leave. Simple as that. If you cant handle it then we dont need you here crying in the forums.
Edited by Camisto#1172 on 11/22/2012 1:57 PM PST

In D2, it was more about trying out different builds and playing lots of characters. There were lots of viable and interesting builds and ways to use them in D2. In D3, there is only farming. It's a lot less about making many characters and it's simply more about making the absolute best character. The problem is that the cap of "the best gear" is impossible for any mortal to achieve. This was never the case in D2, and it's actually a pretty big problem with D3 that it has become the case.

I played D2, though nowhere near as much as I play this game, and I understand where you're coming from. For me, a guy with limited time and finances for gaming, I appreciate that this game has me chasing the best possible gear in perpetuity, but I totally understand why many others don't want or desire that experience. All I can say is, in the expansion, I hope Blizzard rises to the occasion and proves that they deserve to be called one of the best developers around. Ideally, they'll find a middle ground, but the design of this game makes it inherently problematic since the only versatility comes from gear, which is not very diverse in itself.

The othe culprit is simply human psychology. We've seen it already with Inferno. It was meant to be a mode for only the most hardcore gamers to continue challenging themselves, but what happened? Casuals, as people often do, identified it as the real end of the game, so they were not satisfied until they could beat it as well, which resulted in frustration, and the inevitable dumbing down of Inferno soon followed. In the same way, even if 99% of the playerbase had gear that was 90% as good as the upper 1% of hardcore players, I suspect that, wanting the best, they would continue to complain that this gear was out of reach and the game was broken. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I understand where your coming from however our point about inferno was not the difficulty it was the fact that there is no replay value until you get to inferno. In diablo 2 you could farm nightmare to get you good enough hell gear via trade or runes. In Diablo 3 if you don't get to inferno all other items are utterly useless because the game has been designed this way you can't find shako's or nats armor like items until inferno. It was not fair at all that the only way to get through inferno was either auction house items before the rmah was released because after the prices have just gone stupid or farm act 1 for 1000 hours because the drops in act 1 were to low. It was designed clearly to get people using the auction house not to promote avid game play. They fixed that part because people would have stopped playing altogether because farming any other difficulty was not rewarding in the least. It did not have to be this way; they still could fix the horrible mess gear system they choose it wasn't enough that they took out the skill tree rpg aspect of the game. They decided to make a one fit all approach as well meaning the best gear in the game is the best gear in the game period. There is no customizing of gear to fit the type of character you want to create you either got it or you don't it's all a gear check. In Diablo 2 at least you could make any type of build you wanted with countless different approaches that is why it has such a high replay value. In this game every sorc needs a random int vit drop with armor/damage and if it's near perfect that is the best drop period. You can't specialize your builds in the least that is why they made the sad attempt of including one random attribute to all legendary's. What ever happened to the simple +to skills or high base damage so you can choose your path. I mean the wizards damage is based on his weapon damage how retarded is that. It makes more sense for you to equip a damn sword than a staff. You should be able to find a gold one handed staff that adds +20 cold damage still that will increase your cold spells etc.. that would add diversity. There still should be like attack speed gloves or + to life boots that are level 30 req and drop in low levels that are still end game viable. This is not the case anymore and that makes the game a lot less appealing especially if you couldn't get through inferno.
Edited by IFranchizeI#1513 on 11/22/2012 2:23 PM PST
I just cannot believe that people still don't find something wrong with using the word "work" when describing playing a game. I long ago stopped playing this game because I just don't have the time to put in to get the stuff that is considered good. I had pretty decked out characters in D2 and don't recall playing nearly as many hours to get in that direction, but maybe I did and just don't recall correctly. The thing I don't understand is that this isn't an MMO. It doesn't really matter if people play for a month and stop or play for two years and stop. If the game was fun in that time they'll come back for expansions. Why would casuals come back for that when they have to sink hundreds of hours into a game to get anywhere? It seems like a disconnect in the way they are doing business.
11/22/2012 05:25 PMPosted by harderjw
I just cannot believe that people still don't find something wrong with using the word "work" when describing playing a game. I long ago stopped playing this game because I just don't have the time to put in to get the stuff that is considered good. I had pretty decked out characters in D2 and don't recall playing nearly as many hours to get in that direction, but maybe I did and just don't recall correctly. The thing I don't understand is that this isn't an MMO. It doesn't really matter if people play for a month and stop or play for two years and stop. If the game was fun in that time they'll come back for expansions. Why would casuals come back for that when they have to sink hundreds of hours into a game to get anywhere? It seems like a disconnect in the way they are doing business.

The term "casual" has a really weird definition according to this game. Cascual is 100-350 hours. Hardcore is more than that. The game is designed for hardcore, and since that's outside of what most players can even manage, they just resort to bots.

I also don't remember having to spend that much time in d2 to get the best gears for my characters. I spent a lot of time making multiple characters, and doing stuff with those characters - not just gearing up a single character to a near impossible goal.

The game is designed for hardest of hardcore players. Most people are "casual" according to the current design of the game, as lots of people - and it's not hard to find them, they posted in this thread - don't consider 350+ hours of playtime to be hardcore.

Blizzard did a good job designing a game for the masses for normal through hell difficulties, but then they completely made the inferno grind to be the most hardcore ever.

Someone accused me of complaining about the grind in a grinding type of game, but that's just a non-sense comment. You shouldn't have to spend so much crazy hours just to get a reasonable upgrade to your character in a single item slot, nevermind the rest of it. It does feel like a job, as you said. It's taken to such extreme proportions. It was never this difficulty to get the best items in d2.

To be honest, while they lowered drops and widened the quality of the gear that drops, they did in the hopes of people not realizing that there would be nothing at all to do once they eventually spent the 1000+ hours and got there. What is there to do with him once you attained it? Show it off? That's it?

In D2, it was easier to assemble the best characters, but then you spent dozens of hours enjoying them by actually doing stuff.
do you even hardcore?
well there shouldn't be any bots aloud in the game point those that have bots are clearly losers go debate that : )
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]