Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

View profile
Minus the competing against the bots, isn't the nature of the game an endless grind for gear?
11/19/2012 12:36 PMPosted by KamelJabber
Minus the competing against the bots, isn't the nature of the game an endless grind for gear?

No. It wasn't like that in d2, and I don't see why it should be that way in d3. In d2, I managed to have at least a dozen characters with BiS gear. There's nothing to improve, but I still played the game, mostly because there was always a new character to make and lots of pvp and other stuff to do.
So some people want to use a bot since they don't get the best items & it makes them feel like they're falling behind others or failing in some way? These people must think they're better than that & deserve more.

Lets simplify things for those of you who feel this way.

Players who use bots to play a game are pathetic . So ask yourselves, are you pathetic?
So some people want to use a bot since they don't get the best items & it makes them feel like they're falling behind others or failing in some way? These people must think they're better than that & deserve more.

Lets simplify things for those of you who feel this way.

Players who use bots to play a game are pathetic . So ask yourselves, are you pathetic?

No, you clearly don't understand this post at all.
View profile
11/19/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Scala
No. It wasn't like that in d2, and I don't see why it should be that way in d3. In d2, I managed to have at least a dozen characters with BiS gear. There's nothing to improve, but I still played the game, mostly because there was always a new character to make and lots of pvp and other stuff to do.

Interesting, I'm new to gaming, I just assumed the game was designed around very, VERY small gains to keep you grinding and grinding and grinding.
11/19/2012 12:42 PMPosted by KamelJabber

Interesting, I'm new to gaming, I just assumed the game was designed around very, VERY small gains to keep you grinding and grinding and grinding.

In D2, there was definitely an end-point where you actually did stuff with the character you worked so hard to gear. The fact that the grind is endless in d3 just masks the fact that there's nothing else to do once you get it all, so they don't want you to realize this fact. But when pvp rolls around... man, everyone who didn't bot will wish they did.

lol how was d2 any different than d3 in that regard.

11/19/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Scala

In D2, there was definitely an end-point where you actually did stuff with the character you worked so hard to gear. The fact that the grind is endless in d3 just masks the fact that there's nothing else to do once you get it all, so they don't want you to realize this fact. But when pvp rolls around... man, everyone who didn't bot will wish they did.

And what exactly was this end-point? What did you do with all the gear?
Edited by skooo#1263 on 11/19/2012 12:57 PM PST
OP let me paraphrase your TLDR post....

Dear Blizzard,

I suck at this game, but I found some cool scripts/hacks to help me farm gear. Please find a way to break these scripts or ban the teri-bad players who use them. If you do not comply with my threats I will be forced to start using them too.
11/19/2012 12:56 PMPosted by skooo

lol how was d2 any different than d3 in that regard.

And what exactly was this end-point? What did you do with all the gear?

lol, you're an idiot? (just giving you the same kind of response you gave me).
OP let me paraphrase your TLDR post....

Dear Blizzard,

I suck at this game, but I found some cool scripts/hacks to help me farm gear. Please find a way to break these scripts or ban the teri-bad players who use them. If you do not comply with my threats I will be forced to start using them too.

I don't know many players who have played the same hours as I have that are doing better than me without using RMAH, so I don't really think me sucking has anything to do with it. I'd like to know how my level of skill has anything to do with me not having better gear than I already have, or how my level of skill prevents me from getting better gear than my putting in hundreds of hours more into the game.

But I looked at your character, and your gear is worse than mine is, so I don't know why you think I suck so much at the game when I'm clearly doing better than you are. Since your gear is worse, does that give me the right to say you suck at the game? But I guess that would be pretty childish response, wouldn't it?
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/19/2012 1:09 PM PST
All that the bots do to the game is they accelerate what will happen to the economy anyway.
Right now mediocre but effective gear is not out of reach for most players. If there were no bots then maybe that same gear would be more expensive, but over time the prices would still fall. Personally I enjoy having greater access to better gear. Really godly gear will always be so rare that it will hold its value regardless of the bots. I realize that you can get to a point where upgrades are out of reach due to extremely high costs of top gear, but that would be the case with or without bots.
Awesome strategy OP, so then Blizzard can ban you for botting and you can provide them with more money for a new account.
All that the bots do to the game is they accelerate what will happen to the economy anyway.
Right now mediocre but effective gear is not out of reach for most players. If there were no bots then maybe that same gear would be more expensive, but over time the prices would still fall. Personally I enjoy having greater access to better gear. Really godly gear will always be so rare that it will hold its value regardless of the bots. I realize that you can get to a point where upgrades are out of reach due to extremely high costs of top gear, but that would be the case with or without bots.

I agree that bots accelerate what would already happen by itself anyway (in the long term anyway), but that doesn't mean it's fair to the players who didn't bot it originally. There is immense wealth to be gained and transferred through the use of a bot, especially when it was not quite as wide-spread. You may benefit from the cheaper items in the long-term from bots, but you will not have anywhere near the same wealth as they do.
The game is trash. if your going to run a bot you might wanna save yourself that hassle and just find something better to do.
I am considering going back to wow. It has a rock solid economy, better game play, better social interaction, better skill system, better pvp ahahahaahahahaa, better everything really. Better loot and guaranteed drops with a path to gear to character. What does this game have? The barb is about it.
+1, Liked, and request sticky.

Everyone on my friend-list is almost paragon level 100, and they're on 24/7.

Maybe I should be more like them.
11/19/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Scala
You may benefit from the cheaper items in the long-term from bots, but you will not have anywhere near the same wealth as they do.

Which changes nothing about the game, except your own personal desire to be compared with how others are doing.
11/19/2012 01:17 PMPosted by nyet
You may benefit from the cheaper items in the long-term from bots, but you will not have anywhere near the same wealth as they do.

Which changes nothing about the game, except your own personal desire to be compared with how others are doing.

My point is that you're being punished by not botting, which is 100% the the case.

When PvP rolls around, trust me, it will make a big difference.
11/19/2012 01:17 PMPosted by nyet

The same thing can be said with just about anything else in life right?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]