Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

All that the bots do to the game is they accelerate what will happen to the economy anyway.
Right now mediocre but effective gear is not out of reach for most players. If there were no bots then maybe that same gear would be more expensive, but over time the prices would still fall. Personally I enjoy having greater access to better gear. Really godly gear will always be so rare that it will hold its value regardless of the bots. I realize that you can get to a point where upgrades are out of reach due to extremely high costs of top gear, but that would be the case with or without bots.

I agree that bots accelerate what would already happen by itself anyway (in the long term anyway), but that doesn't mean it's fair to the players who didn't bot it originally. There is immense wealth to be gained and transferred through the use of a bot, especially when it was not quite as wide-spread. You may benefit from the cheaper items in the long-term from bots, but you will not have anywhere near the same wealth as they do.

I agree with you , bots do give an unfair advantage. You cant compete with people who cheat unless you are also cheating. Why do you feel the need to compete with them? You want the #1 barb or whatever on diabloprogress or something? If thats your goal then why not just break out some real $? At least you arent cheating that way lol
Edited by Dirk#1799 on 11/19/2012 1:21 PM PST
Here is my Question, How can Blizz be blind and not demand shut down or file lawsuits against sites that clearly are for bots? case in point http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/diablo-3/diablo-3-bots-programs/ and that's just from a simple Google search. They are clearly breaking all terms and agreements that you must accept before playing.

Would I not be held responsible if I handed a minor a can of beer and the keys to my car and then told him feel free to drink and drive?

My case is these sites should be held responsible for giving this info and tools to do so.
If you're not having fun or you think you're not making progress by playing you can always take a break from D3 and play some other games for a few months. Your buying power goes up the longer you don't play.
Here is my Question, How can Blizz be blind and not demand shut down or file lawsuits against sites that clearly are for bots? case in point http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/diablo-3/diablo-3-bots-programs/ and that's just from a simple Google search. They are clearly breaking all terms and agreements that you must accept before playing.

Would I not be held responsible if I handed a minor a can of beer and the keys to my car and then told him feel free to drink and drive?

My case is these sites should be held responsible for giving this info and tools to do so.

Because blizzard can't sue sometimes.

Maybe this site/owner is living in china. And, owning a forum that talks about how to cheat in a game is not something that is illegal against law.
100 Human Paladin
11/19/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Scala
I have never botted or did anything against the terms of service in Diablo 3. I never imagined I would consider it. But with all of the AH bots, and bots that auto-farm gold and items for you... and with you not doing anything about it... it is highly incentivizing me to use one too.

Do you always adjust your morals around to suit what is expedient?

Read up. You are about to lose your integrity over a video game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrity
Anyone thinking about botting is a *%&?% idiot. Please, do it, and get banned. Then cry about it on the forums. DO IT.

Gotta love horribly geared players complaining about the game!

Maybe this site/owner is living in china. And, owning a forum that talks about how to cheat in a game is not something that is illegal against law.

They just need to start banning constantly. Every few hours.
11/19/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Kezmaefele
I have never botted or did anything against the terms of service in Diablo 3. I never imagined I would consider it. But with all of the AH bots, and bots that auto-farm gold and items for you... and with you not doing anything about it... it is highly incentivizing me to use one too.

there's nothing immoral about using a bot. It doesn't violate anyone's rights. And in fact, it improves my ability to self-actuate my character in the game, so this is a GOOD thing.

It might violate the terms of service, but make no mistake - it is not immoral.

My point is that you're being punished by not botting, which is 100% the the case.

I still don't see how. We've talked about gold devaluation, average gear cost deflation, BIS slot pricing.

What else is left other than your vanity?
Anyone thinking about botting is a *%&?% idiot. Please, do it, and get banned. Then cry about it on the forums. DO IT.

Gotta love horribly geared players complaining about the game!

Horribly geared players like yourself? I'm geared much better than you are.

Banning botters instantly only causes botters to easily see why they are banned and make a workaround. By banning really fast on detection you are actually helping botters.

My point is that you're being punished by not botting, which is 100% the the case.

I still don't see how. We've talked about gold devaluation, average gear cost deflation, BIS slot pricing.

What else is left other than your vanity?

Personal wealth in the game. The bots will have so much more wealth than the non-botters, despite the prices of everything going down. They will possess 100's of times more wealth than you. That is the difference. When the next patch rolls around, and the next group of uber items come out, they will actually have the capital to just snatch up everything immediately while you are stuck at square one again.
11/19/2012 01:55 PMPosted by FooTWO
You have been reported for being a BOT!

I haven't botted, so good luck with that. If blizzard actually banned me due to this post, I'll be sure to tell as many youtube people like Kripparian as I can to make sure people hear of it.
100 Human Paladin
11/19/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Scala

there's nothing immoral about using a bot. It doesn't violate anyone's rights. And in fact, it improves my ability to self-actuate my character in the game, so this is a GOOD thing.

Justification. Cheaters are very good at it.

Every time you cheat you break down your own integrity little by little and harm yourself.
11/19/2012 10:55 AMPosted by DeadRu
good, now ban the loser from the game.

OP is frusterated and has a good reason to be, he has a problem and is talking to the community about it, way to throw your terribly low IQ onto the table with this dumb post.
Edited by Nydarkfern#1534 on 11/19/2012 1:58 PM PST

Banning botters instantly only causes botters to easily see why they are banned and make a workaround. By banning really fast on detection you are actually helping botters.

And I suppose not banning them hurts them? Get real.

Justification. Cheaters are very good at it.

Every time you cheat you break down your own integrity little by little and harm yourself.

I haven't cheated.

And I don't think anyone actually using bots and are profiting from it actually feels like they are harming themselves. Quite the opposite I'm afraid.
so many people see the point of the OP, even if they are ot very happy about botting, they see it as only "viable" way to play this game ...

how sad to see how far the game has become ...
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 11/19/2012 2:17 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]