Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

so any people see the point of the OP, even if they are ot very happy about botting, they see it as only "viable" way to play this game ...

how sad to see how far the game has become ...

Trolls & haters will always say botting is funner htna playing the game.

the other 90% in game farming and doing key runs do not agree and probably would hate hearing someone say this because its just not true.

Nobody said botting was more fun. What I am saying is that they clearly get a huge advantage over the people not botting. I never brought fun into it at all - only you did.
I personally put all my barb gear in the RMAH and stopped playing cause there is no way I can keep up with this crap going on. I enjoyed your game blizz but you lost me. Hope those bots are worth it and makes your company money but sorry to say I hope the economy crashes and ur game servers blow up. I might consider coming back if things are resolved but for now Im done.
Better luck on the next game,
Herb
106 Human Paladin

Justification. Cheaters are very good at it.

Every time you cheat you break down your own integrity little by little and harm yourself.

I haven't cheated.

And I don't think anyone actually using bots and are profiting from it actually feels like they are harming themselves. Quite the opposite I'm afraid.

http://archive.org/stream/deofficiiswithen00ciceuoft#page/10/mode/2up

The consideration necessary to determine conduct1 is, therefore, as Panaetius thinks, a threefold one: first, people question whether the contemplated act is morally right or morally wrong; and in such deliberation their minds are often led to widely divergent conclusions. And then they examine and consider the question whether the action contemplated is or is not conducive to comfort and happiness in life, to the command of means and wealth, to influence, and to power, by which they may be able to help themselves and their friends; this whole matter turns upon a question of expediency. The third type of question arises when that which seems to be expedient seems to conflict with that which is morally right; for when expediency seems to be pulling one way, while moral right seems to be calling back in the opposite direction, the result is that the mind is distracted in its inquiry and brings to it the irresolution that is born of deliberation.

Keep reading Cicero for his answer to his son on how best to navigate the ambiguities that seem to arise when expediency conflicts with that which is morally right.

HINT: Always doing what is expedient over what is morally right is always going to be harmful to your internal integrity which in the end of things is all a man really has.
Edited by Kezmaefele#1109 on 11/19/2012 2:08 PM PST

there's nothing immoral about using a bot. It doesn't violate anyone's rights. And in fact, it improves my ability to self-actuate my character in the game, so this is a GOOD thing.

It might violate the terms of service, but make no mistake - it is not immoral.

1. morals differ person to person... secondly

2. you just said it doesnt violate anyones rights..

3. than you said it violates the terms of service.

4. Thus violating the rights of those who dont bot.

5. Come back with better logic please.

Violating the terms of service is not the same as committing an immortal act.

The terms of service does not even protect the rights of others in the game either. Protecting the rights of the customers is not even blizzard's job. This has nothing to do with rights. Blizzard isn't the government.

There's big difference between having an unfair advantage over other players in the game and violating their rights. It's NOT the same thing.

However, I do agree that having that unfair advantage is bad for the game and the community, definitely. But rights has nothing to do with it.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/19/2012 2:12 PM PST

I haven't cheated.

And I don't think anyone actually using bots and are profiting from it actually feels like they are harming themselves. Quite the opposite I'm afraid.

The consideration necessary to determine conduct1 is, therefore, as Panaetius thinks, a threefold one: first, people question whether the contemplated act is morally right or morally wrong; and in such deliberation their minds are often led to widely divergent conclusions. And then they examine and consider the question whether the action contemplated is or is not conducive to comfort and happiness in life, to the command of means and wealth, to influence, and to power, by which they may be able to help themselves and their friends; this whole matter turns upon a question of expediency. The third type of question arises when that which seems to be expedient seems to conflict with that which is morally right; for when expediency seems to be pulling one way, while moral right seems to be calling back in the opposite direction, the result is that the mind is distracted in its inquiry and brings to it the irresolution that is born of deliberation.

Keep reading Cicero for his answer to his son on how best to navigate the ambiguities that seem to arise when expediency conflicts with that which is morally right.

HINT: Always doing what is expedient over what is morally right is always going to be harmful to your internal integrity which in the end of things is all a man really has.

So are you saying I shouldn't use my blender to mix things because it's too expedient, and if I do use it, I am immoral? What a joke.
For every high paid Blizzard employee whose job it is to prevent things like bots, there are 100 hungry Slavic and Asian kids who are a thousand times better at code that will make a new bot and who have a vested interest in undermining anything Blizzard does to stop them.

What Blizzard should do is hire the most desperate geniuses who do things like create bots while shooting speed and sitting in a dark room on a boat somewhere while coding, and give them a legit job to stop those botters.

But then that kid would just grow fat and lazy working for Blizz and get wrapped up in the bureacracy there and lose his edge and another hungry kid writing code out of his mom's laundry room in some god forsaken post Soviet occupation hellhole of a country will be furiously writing bots to feed his heroine addiction and I guarantee he will be smarter, faster and a thousand times more adept at his "job" than the previous guy working at blizzard now.

This is ALL you need to know about the situation and why it will never change. Adios.
For every high paid Blizzard employee whose job it is to prevent things like bots, there are 100 hungry Slavic and Asian kids who are a thousand times better at code that will make a new bot and who have a vested interest in undermining anything Blizzard does to stop them.

What Blizzard should do is hire the most desperate geniuses who do things like create bots while shooting speed and sitting in a dark room on a boat somewhere while coding, and give them a legit job to stop those botters.

But then that kid would just grow fat and lazy working for Blizz and get wrapped up in the bureacracy there and lose his edge and another hungry kid writing code out of his mom's laundry room in some god forsaken post Soviet occupation hellhole of a country will be furiously writing bots to feed his heroine addiction and I guarantee he will be smarter, faster and a thousand times more adept at his "job" than the previous guy working at blizzard now.

This is ALL you need to know about the situation and why it will never change. Adios.
Sounds like a lame excuse to me OP. I never had any desire to bot; but then again I have integrity
it needs to be raining ban hammers in this game
106 Human Paladin

So are you saying I shouldn't use my blender to mix things because it's too expedient, and if I do use it, I am immoral? What a joke.

Nope. I didn't say that at all. You don't have to believe me. Read the passage again and take a look at De Officiis and see if it helps clear some things up for you. Cicero was a pretty smart dude and wrote that for his son. Seems like it might help you navigate some questions you have in your life.
You'll need a second account to do your botting, in case you're one of the dozens who get caught up in the 6-8 month ban waves. If they do look up from banning zoom-out hacks and actually ban you as a botter, then Blizzard is more than happy to sell you another account to carry on your automated work from the same IP.

Just be sure to regularly transfer your gold and items to your main account just to be safe, since Blizzard has no interest in tracking suspicious, repeated transactions between accounts. I mean how unusual could it really be for a level 60 character to play 24/7, never pass nightmare, have over 200k elite kills, and regularly transfer millions of gold to another account? Move along, nothing to see here.

They do track transfers and I can tell you that with certainty. I know someone who got his main banned
so any people see the point of the OP, even if they are ot very happy about botting, they see it as only "viable" way to play this game ...

how sad to see how far the game has become ...

Trolls & haters will always say botting is funner htna playing the game.

the other 90% in game farming and doing key runs do not agree and probably would hate hearing someone say this because its just not true.

I would not simply see them all as "trolls".

I just have as well the feeling that Blizzard isnt doing enough against botters which in turn affects us all one way or another.

I think many people would not use a bot, but they still feel frustrated. We are talking about integrity here, the integrity of the game and Blizzard.

People already feel frustrated about the AH and RMAH. Botters make it only worse, they push the price of gold down and keep items on high prices.

Fact is, no item in D3 should be more worth then 200milion Gold. Yet some stuff sells for more then 1 Billion ...

Many people have the feeling that a normal player has no chance to reach that. Not even if he is playing 1 year. Except with a bot which makes it all easy ...

you cant blame people for the fact that they feel frustrated.

Thats why I say, its sad to see what Diablo as game has become.
As long as there are PC games there will be hacks, exploits bots. Unfortunately this is what the world has devolved to. Get rid of RMAH, is a start in right direction, but even that will not work for long, third party sites. Need cap on how much gold an account can have is a way. Ways around that as well. No good ways to stop. Hackers are PRO programmers.
106 Human Paladin
You'll need a second account to do your botting, in case you're one of the dozens who get caught up in the 6-8 month ban waves. If they do look up from banning zoom-out hacks and actually ban you as a botter, then Blizzard is more than happy to sell you another account to carry on your automated work from the same IP.

Just be sure to regularly transfer your gold and items to your main account just to be safe, since Blizzard has no interest in tracking suspicious, repeated transactions between accounts. I mean how unusual could it really be for a level 60 character to play 24/7, never pass nightmare, have over 200k elite kills, and regularly transfer millions of gold to another account? Move along, nothing to see here.

8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

Where their is no sin there is no shame.
Edited by Kezmaefele#1109 on 11/19/2012 2:26 PM PST
Cicero is far more informative than the Bible.
11/19/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Asadian
Sounds like a lame excuse to me OP. I never had any desire to bot; but then again I have integrity

I don't think you or some of the others honestly get the point of this post.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]