Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

A lot of you guys don't get the OP's point.

He probably ran into a brick wall where it takes 100s of millions of gold or real money to upgrade his character. I understand where he's coming from. I won't bot because it's a video game and it's not that serious to me.
Hi Blizzard,

I'm considering starting a bot. I have never botted or did anything against the terms of service in Diablo 3. I never imagined I would consider it. But with all of the AH bots, and bots that auto-farm gold and items for you... and with you not doing anything about it... it is highly incentivizing me to use one too. I mean, most well-geared players are after all.

What's worse though is that by not banning the bots, you're punishing the players that choose not to bot. We are at a massive disadvantage, and there is simply no way we can keep up. The drops we find are ever becoming more worthless, and we cannot farm higher MP levels to have better chances at getting more gear efficiently because we simply don't have the gear to do it, and will never get it without using the RMAH or using one or more bots.

The introduction to the paragon leveling system, which is great for the most part, further increases the use of bots. It's a very long grind. I've put in 350 hours on my DH alone, and I'm not even half-way there. This kind of stingent requirement makes people like me consider botting it. I mean, why not? The risk of being banned is probably very small anyway judging by all of the people using bots.

I have pretty decent gear for manually playing the game. But I don't see how I can make massive improvements now without botting. It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it.

Blizzard, please give me a real reason why I shouldn't bot your game. Myself and hundreds of thousands of players are being punished by you not doing anything about the bots. It's a simple problem. Get out the ban hammer and deal with it. If you don't, I'm just going to join them.

FYI, Blizzard does in fact ban botters. If you go to any of the botting program websites and look at their forums they have a thread showing all the ppl that have been banned by blizzard. Blizzard regularly bans ppl for botting usually every week or every other week.

As far as your claim that you want to start botting, well all I can say is that is your choice but its a risk cuz eventually blizzard will catch u and ban your account and u will loose all your gear and your time put into your chars.

I personally don't feel its worth it. There are numerous ways you can earn gold in the game legitimately without having to bot. I will admit the economy is pretty bad since patch 1.05 and it is harder to make $$ but it can still be done it just requires a lot of work on your part. I for one earn money several ways, I item flip on the AH, I farm, and I help carry ppl thru ubers. These are just a few ways you can earn money.

Another way u could earn money is to live stream and then take your earnings and buy gold so you can buy the gear u want.

Personally I dont care if u bot because eventually as I said u will get banned but I would recommend that u dont but its up to u.
A lot of you guys don't get the OP's point.

He probably ran into a brick wall where it takes 100s of millions of gold or real money to upgrade his character. I understand where he's coming from. I won't bot because it's a video game and it's not that serious to me.

It's really doubtful I will actually bot (I'd say close to 0%). The post was really to make a point to blizzard.
11/19/2012 02:40 PMPosted by heyguyslol
FYI, Blizzard does in fact ban botters.

I know they do, but I think they only ban a small amount of them and it's far too infrequent. They do it enough to shut up most of the people raising the issue. As long as they can keep the press/masses at bay, they that's about as far as they are willing to go.

I want a real solution to the problem though, not just something to quiet me down for awhile so that I think they are dealing with the problem even though 99% of the problem still exists. In reality, they aren't dealing with it much at all. People shouldn't just accept the small bans and feel good that something is being done about it. We need to see some real action taken.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/19/2012 2:44 PM PST
11/19/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Scala
Blizzard, please give me a real reason why I shouldn't bot your game. Myself and hundreds of thousands of players are being punished by you not doing anything about the bots. It's a simple problem. Get out the ban hammer and deal with it. If you don't, I'm just going to join them.

They.
Do.
Not.
Care.
OP let me paraphrase your TLDR post....

Dear Blizzard,

I suck at this game, but I found some cool scripts/hacks to help me farm gear. Please find a way to break these scripts or ban the teri-bad players who use them. If you do not comply with my threats I will be forced to start using them too.

I don't know many players who have played the same hours as I have that are doing better than me without using RMAH, so I don't really think me sucking has anything to do with it. I'd like to know how my level of skill has anything to do with me not having better gear than I already have, or how my level of skill prevents me from getting better gear than my putting in hundreds of hours more into the game.

But I looked at your character, and your gear is worse than mine is, so I don't know why you think I suck so much at the game when I'm clearly doing better than you are. Since your gear is worse, does that give me the right to say you suck at the game? But I guess that would be pretty childish response, wouldn't it?

My reply was intended to be childish Einstein... so you might actually comprehend how immature and irrelevant your original post was. I said you "sucked at the game" not because of your gear or playtime, but because of your whiny pitiful attitude. Players like you always want to blame someone else for their problems, which unfortunately makes you a loser.

However, if you want to comment on my gear let me enlighten you on how bad you really are at the game. If you actually understood my build and gear you would realize that I can face tank MP10 with no problems and efficiently farm MP7 for exp. and gear. On the other hand your cookie cutter Barb is horribly geared and you would probably get your !@# handed to you past MP4 or 5. As far as your Demon hunter main I don't see anything special about your gear and my Barb could easily out DPS your DH past MP7 if you could even survive at that MP level. In fact I could pull the gems out of my barbs gear alone and easily buy all of the mediocre gear you have on most of your characters.
11/19/2012 10:24 AMPosted by DonDadda
I have been thinking about doing this too

I can't believe you ppl are complaining about how hard it is to upgrade you gear. Blizzard is practically giving away free gear since patch 1.05 because u have every bit of chance of getting a good leg from farming mp0 as someone who farms mp10.

Last week I took my DH who had no gear on him and I spent 200mil to gear him out which put him at 180k dps and 40k hp 400ra. Thats pretty damn decent gear and the 200mil cost less than $80 which is almost the amount I paid to buy the game.

I find it funny how u ppl are complaining that u feel u should bot because u cant advance. If u look on the AH u can find gear dirt cheap, u dont need to spend 200mil like i did, u can spend 50mil which is like $15 real cash and gear your toon out.

The price of gold is so ridiculously low that anyone can gear out their toon for practically nothing. Blizzard knows this which is why they aren't worried as much about botters anymore because the price of gold per $1 spent is next to nothing. Which means its really not even worth it to bot. U will spend more time and money making a bot and botting than it would cost u to just buy some gold of the RMAH. If u dont believe me go to the botter websites and read up most botters have quit botting because they dont feel its worth their time anymore cuz they arent making any money and if u do the math u will find that this is true.

You people are just lazy and dont want to work to gear your toons up so u !@#$% and cry that you want to bot. By all means go ahead but dont cry when blizz hits u with the ban hammer.
what kind of deucebag reported this guy?
11/19/2012 02:55 PMPosted by heyguyslol
I have been thinking about doing this too

I can't believe you ppl are complaining about how hard it is to upgrade you gear. Blizzard is practically giving away free gear since patch 1.05 because u have every bit of chance of getting a good leg from farming mp0 as someone who farms mp10.

Last week I took my DH who had no gear on him and I spent 200mil to gear him out which put him at 180k dps and 40k hp 400ra. Thats pretty damn decent gear and the 200mil cost less than $80 which is almost the amount I paid to buy the game.

I find it funny how u ppl are complaining that u feel u should bot because u cant advance. If u look on the AH u can find gear dirt cheap, u dont need to spend 200mil like i did, u can spend 50mil which is like $15 real cash and gear your toon out.

The price of gold is so ridiculously low that anyone can gear out their toon for practically nothing. Blizzard knows this which is why they aren't worried as much about botters anymore because the price of gold per $1 spent is next to nothing. Which means its really not even worth it to bot. U will spend more time and money making a bot and botting than it would cost u to just buy some gold of the RMAH. If u dont believe me go to the botter websites and read up most botters have quit botting because they dont feel its worth their time anymore cuz they arent making any money and if u do the math u will find that this is true.

You people are just lazy and dont want to work to gear your toons up so u !@#$% and cry that you want to bot. By all means go ahead but dont cry when blizz hits u with the ban hammer.

I don't have a problem earning the gear, just as long as everyone else has to go through the same process as I do. But with bots around, that's clearly not the case. They are always going to have a hell of a lot more wealth than you and I, and a massive advantage. That's the point of this post. I'm sorry it's totally lost on you after all of the posts that have followed it.
11/19/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Scala

I don't have a problem earning the gear, just as long as everyone else has to go through the same process as I do. But with bots around, that's clearly not the case. They are always going to have a hell of a lot more wealth than you and I, and a massive advantage. That's the point of this post. I'm sorry it's totally lost on you after all of the posts that have followed it.

I think you are missing the point. You want a game that is about fairness where everyone plays by the same rules. Well u bought the wrong game from the wrong company if u wanted a game that had fairness. Blizzard is anything but fair, and if u dont believe me just look at how GOD like Barbs are in this game and for how long they have been and the fact that they have no plans to nerf them but yet monks are still getting the shaft.

Simple fact life is not fair, there are rich ppl and their are poor ppl, thats just life deal with it and quit QQing.
@ heyguyslol

gear is definitely cheaper.

it's just for those good rolls. you're spending atleast 100 mil for one. that crap hellrack i got for my follower. 50k now. over 100 mil before drops were "buffed"

don't be naive.

bots run the economy and blizzard won't be as quick to ban if they are making them money. what's the point of banning an account that runs 24/7 when you're taking a flat 15% for each transaction?! not to mention transfer fees if you choose to cash out.

I think you are missing the point. You want a game that is about fairness where everyone plays by the same rules. Well u bought the wrong game from the wrong company if u wanted a game that had fairness. Blizzard is anything but fair, and if u dont believe me just look at how GOD like Barbs are in this game and for how long they have been and the fact that they have no plans to nerf them but yet monks are still getting the shaft.

Simple fact life is not fair, there are rich ppl and their are poor ppl, thats just life deal with it and quit QQing.

That's bs. It's blizzard's job to make the game fair and to make sure there is integrity within the game. Otherwise, banning people for botting at all is so hypocritical of them. They may as well include the bot program with the game then.

And this isn't about people being rich and poor either. It has NOTHING to do with jealously or inequality of player's wealth in the game. It is about an unfair advantage. Usually rich people did nothing unfair to get their wealth - they were just more productive. I have no problems with people earning their wealth.

But hey, I can earn my wealth too and bot like they are. And that's the real point of my post. As long as that unfair advantage exists, and there's a way that I can get it too with no consequences, why not obtain it also? Why not make it a level playing field again? You see, this isn't about life being unfair. But in this case, we can make it fair again. We can bot just like they are.

Also, this post isn't about QQ'ing that I don't have the best gear either. I think you really just don't understand the point of this post at all.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/19/2012 3:17 PM PST
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012

^^

Just a little over a week ago....

Rome wasn't built in a day

^^

Whoopie. They banned players for seeing a larger part of the map than the rest of us. Wow. I am so impressed.

Seriously, I want them to ban half of the players at least, because that's definitely the number of people botting. I want them to do actually do what their terms of service says it will do.
gotta love blizzards whining mentality of community, reason 1 get used to buying a new copy of diablo every week if you want to take up botting thats what most botters have to do after blizzard does their weekly ban, and 2 you !@#$%es whinged for more legendary drops, more legendary drops means chumps like the op and the rest of you swarm the auction house with overpriced crap just to get your apparent "Deserved" one big payoff, once you get lucky once it never ends along with this forums ^-*!@ing!

^^

Whoopie. They banned players for seeing a larger part of the map than the rest of us. Wow. I am so impressed.

Seriously, I want them to ban half of the players at least, because that's definitely the number of people botting. I want them to do actually do what their terms of service says it will do.

If your not happy with Blizzards actions or performance, then dont play their games, its as simple as that. Go play torchlight 2 or GW2. From what I've heard so far I would recommend that you not buy another blizzard game, I know I won't, D3 is the last bliz game I will ever buy I have learned my lesson but I'm not gonna make a thread like this and QQ about it, lesson learned its as simple as that.

If your not happy with Blizzards actions or performance, then dont play their games, its as simple as that. Go play torchlight 2 or GW2. From what I've heard so far I would recommend that you not buy another blizzard game, I know I won't, D3 is the last bliz game I will ever buy I have learned my lesson but I'm not gonna make a thread like this and QQ about it, lesson learned its as simple as that.

Okay, so the next time you purchase something from someone that is faulty, defective or inadequate in some way, I hope you never try and contact them and try to resolve the problem. You know, it is a customers right to bring problems up with a product to the person who sold that product to them.
OP let me paraphrase your TLDR post....

Dear Blizzard,

I suck at this game, but I found some cool scripts/hacks to help me farm gear. Please find a way to break these scripts or ban the teri-bad players who use them. If you do not comply with my threats I will be forced to start using them too.

I don't know many players who have played the same hours as I have that are doing better than me without using RMAH, so I don't really think me sucking has anything to do with it. I'd like to know how my level of skill has anything to do with me not having better gear than I already have, or how my level of skill prevents me from getting better gear than my putting in hundreds of hours more into the game.

But I looked at your character, and your gear is worse than mine is, so I don't know why you think I suck so much at the game when I'm clearly doing better than you are. Since your gear is worse, does that give me the right to say you suck at the game? But I guess that would be pretty childish response, wouldn't it?

Your whole point is childish!!! Thats the whole issue here.. You are crying to blizzard like a little child.. No fair mommy tommy got 2 cookies by stealing 1 and I only got 1, I am going to steal a cookie unless you give me another 1!!! How is it that I can enjoy the game even though people bot and I do not? How could plenty of people enjoy D2 for years without using a bot while plenty of people used bots in D2?

There are always cheaters in any given video game.. Does that mean everyone has to cheat? Some people find it more fun and enjoyable not being a cheater.. If I needed to cheat at a video game then it wouldnt be worth playing in the first place.. Just watch a movie or cartoons if you want everything to play out for you and all you have to do is watch...
Edited by SadisticIV#1814 on 11/19/2012 3:41 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]