Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

@ Scala

+1

By most of these people's logic...if we go buy a burger and there is hair or spit in it. We're supposed to go home and throw it away or eat around it.

I'd rather see the problems addressed and taken care of with D3. As apposed to quitting or uninstalling.

I don't know many players who have played the same hours as I have that are doing better than me without using RMAH, so I don't really think me sucking has anything to do with it. I'd like to know how my level of skill has anything to do with me not having better gear than I already have, or how my level of skill prevents me from getting better gear than my putting in hundreds of hours more into the game.

But I looked at your character, and your gear is worse than mine is, so I don't know why you think I suck so much at the game when I'm clearly doing better than you are. Since your gear is worse, does that give me the right to say you suck at the game? But I guess that would be pretty childish response, wouldn't it?

Your whole point is childish!!! Thats the whole issue here.. You are crying to blizzard like a little child.. No fair mommy tommy got 2 cookies by stealing 1 and I only got 1, I am going to steal a cookie unless you give me another 1!!! How is it that I can enjoy the game even though people bot and I do not? How could plenty of people enjoy D2 for years without using a bot while plenty of people used bots in D2?

There are always cheaters in any given video games.. Do that mean everyone has to cheat? Some people find it more fun and enjoyable not being a cheater.. If I needed to cheat at a video game then it wouldnt be worth playing in the first place.. Just watch a movie or cartoons if you want everything to play out for you and all you have to do is watch...

I'm actually asking for justice.

People on these forums are so stupid.
Hi Blizzard,

I'm considering starting a bot. I have never botted or did anything against the terms of service in Diablo 3. I never imagined I would consider it. But with all of the AH bots, and bots that auto-farm gold and items for you... and with you not doing anything about it... it is highly incentivizing me to use one too. I mean, most well-geared players are after all.

What's worse though is that by not banning the bots, you're punishing the players that choose not to bot. We are at a massive disadvantage, and there is simply no way we can keep up. The drops we find are ever becoming more worthless, and we cannot farm higher MP levels to have better chances at getting more gear efficiently because we simply don't have the gear to do it, and will never get it without using the RMAH or using one or more bots.

The introduction to the paragon leveling system, which is great for the most part, further increases the use of bots. It's a very long grind. I've put in 350 hours on my DH alone, and I'm not even half-way there. This kind of stingent requirement makes people like me consider botting it. I mean, why not? The risk of being banned is probably very small anyway judging by all of the people using bots.

I have pretty decent gear for manually playing the game. But I don't see how I can make massive improvements now without botting. It's almost as good as it's going to get. I'd have to play 50-100 hours to upgrade 1 piece of gear at this point, which means I'm looking at playing 1000 hours to upgrade every piece of gear on my demon hunter. Do you really think players want to do this? The path of least resistance is botting it.

Blizzard, please give me a real reason why I shouldn't bot your game. Myself and hundreds of thousands of players are being punished by you not doing anything about the bots. It's a simple problem. Get out the ban hammer and deal with it. If you don't, I'm just going to join them.

You must be new to D3.
whats a good bot to get?

You must be new to D3.

No.

Blizzard really needs to do something about this. It is a huge problem for the integrity of the game.

People seem to take the post seriously. What the post does is highlight problems with the game. That's the real point of it.

I want Blizzard to start banning. People say they ban every week, but that's bull!@#$. It's not happening. People are still botting - the same people - for weeks and months in act 3 inferno. This has to stop, because currently, blizzard is doing nothing about it.

Your whole point is childish!!! Thats the whole issue here.. You are crying to blizzard like a little child.. No fair mommy tommy got 2 cookies by stealing 1 and I only got 1, I am going to steal a cookie unless you give me another 1!!! How is it that I can enjoy the game even though people bot and I do not? How could plenty of people enjoy D2 for years without using a bot while plenty of people used bots in D2?

There are always cheaters in any given video games.. Do that mean everyone has to cheat? Some people find it more fun and enjoyable not being a cheater.. If I needed to cheat at a video game then it wouldnt be worth playing in the first place.. Just watch a movie or cartoons if you want everything to play out for you and all you have to do is watch...

You're asking for justice by making threats? Hmm ok...
rofl, you actually think they dont ban botterz, they ban the ones they catch and can PROOVE are botting, which in todays day and age of gaming bots, its very complicated. they obviously can not ban accounts just for playing days straight, since there are crazy mofo's who legitly do this.

another point is, even ifthey figure out how to proove more botters guilty, programmers will just design better bots.

They get banned! but when you can buy copies of d3 for $10 do you think they really care. Look at the toys R us posts. $10 a copy, so 6 copies is what we all normally paid. so they keep 1 account make 60$ on rmah and have 6 botting accounts. These 6 accounts before anyone cares about a ban or looking into it make even more money. It is a recycled system. Can not win.

I haven't made a threat to you at all.
rofl, you actually think they dont ban botterz, they ban the ones they catch and can PROOVE are botting, which in todays day and age of gaming bots, its very complicated. they obviously can not ban accounts just for playing days straight, since there are crazy mofo's who legitly do this.

another point is, even ifthey figure out how to proove more botters guilty, programmers will just design better bots.

They get banned! but when you can buy copies of d3 for $10 do you think they really care. Look at the toys R us posts. $10 a copy, so 6 copies is what we all normally paid. so they keep 1 account make 60$ on rmah and have 6 botting accounts. These 6 accounts before anyone cares about a ban or looking into it make even more money. It is a recycled system. Can not win.

They don't get banned. Kripparian already admitted all of his friends are botting and nothing is being done. I have people on friend's list that don't respond to my chats sometimes, and they are shown to be in act 3 inferno. Quite a few, all in high paragons with much better gear than I have.

Occasionally, they are online doing uber runs and they talk to me like nothing is up. I won't mention their names obviously because I like them, but it's pretty clear they bot in act 3 inferno.

And this is totally wide-spread.

You must be new to D3.

No.

Blizzard really needs to do something about this. It is a huge problem for the integrity of the game.

People seem to take the post seriously. What the post does is highlight problems with the game. That's the real point of it.

I want Blizzard to start banning. People say they ban every week, but that's bull!@#$. It's not happening. People are still botting - the same people - for weeks and months in act 3 inferno. This has to stop, because currently, blizzard is doing nothing about it.

Should've been asking that since May 15, 2012. You've missed your train.

Your post was a threat to blizzard that you were considering botting.. What are you talking about? you are the one that made this thread right?

Your post was a threat to blizzard that you were considering botting.. What are you talking about? you are the one that made this thread right?

+1.

How does botting threaten blizzard? Am I threatening to murder them? Steal from them? Fraud them? What? It doesn't hurt them at all. And if it doesn't hurt them, how can it be a threat?
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/19/2012 3:54 PM PST
100% agreed with OP.

And I will say more, there won't be a blue post in this thread.

However, if the OP posted poems about chasing goblins, there would be at least 3 blue posts.

How does botting threaten blizzard? Am I threatening to murder them? Steal from them? Fraud them? What? It doesn't hurt them at all. And if it doesn't hurt them, how can it be a threat?

You're threatening them by saying you're going to join the botters make their life more tedious add to the cause because they won't listen to you qq.
Quoted for good measure.

Blizzard, please give me a real reason why I shouldn't bot your game. Myself and hundreds of thousands of players are being punished by you not doing anything about the bots. It's a simple problem. Get out the ban hammer and deal with it. If you don't, I'm just going to join them.

I have a real question for you, how are you being punished and who are these thousands of players, have you actually got a consensus of thousands of players or just a couple dozen? You can still play the game can't you?
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/19/2012 3:58 PM PST

You're threatening them by saying you're going to join the botters make their life more tedious add to the cause because they won't listen to you qq.
Quoted for good measure.

11/19/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Scala

Whatever. That's not a threat.

If I actually was going to bot (and I'm not), it would be to benefit myself so that I can play at the same level as everyone else is - not to harm them.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/19/2012 3:58 PM PST

What warped logic you have... you are threatening the integrity of the game by botting because as you so elegantly put it, you put yourself at an enormous advantage. If you're at close to BIS gear, you SHOULD expect to farm very long for your next upgrade. How can an item grinding game work otherwise?
11/19/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Scala
If I actually was going to bot (and I'm not), it would be to benefit myself so that I can play at the same level as everyone else is - not to harm them.

Wtf? This game isn't competitive dude.

Why would the price of crap legendaries affect the price of desirable ones? That makes absolutely no sense. The reason why the prices of ALL legendaries are dropping is because there are more of them, good and bad. So stop complaining about how the prices are tanking because thats what you crybabies wanted... more drops.

It does make sense. The ones that aren't crap are actually worth something still. I mean, do you really think crappy tal belts are going to be worth something?

Wow we have a genius here. I would have never figured out that legendaries that aren't crap are still worth something.

You need to read up on how supply and demand works. Remember when blues used to be worth something, but now they're not? That's because of botters too, right?
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 11/19/2012 3:59 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]