Diablo® III

Blizzard, I'm considering botting

You're threatening them by saying you're going to join the botters make their life more tedious add to the cause because they won't listen to you qq.
Quoted for good measure.

Whatever. That's not a threat.

If I actually was going to bot (and I'm not), it would be to benefit myself so that I can play at the same level as everyone else is - not to harm them.

You have no proof that "everyone else" is botting though...
Edited by Spiderman#6698 on 11/19/2012 3:59 PM PST
11/19/2012 03:56 PMPosted by KradisZ
I have a real question for you, how are you being punished and who are these thousands of players, have you actually got a consensus of thousands of players or just a couple dozen? You can still play the game can't you?

I already answered this question. The bots amass an incredible amount of wealth, which positions them to be a very lucrative position when brand new items are released into the economy via an expansion or patch.

As for gaining a consensus... what does it matter? One does not need the majority to agree with them to know if they are right.

Whatever. That's not a threat.

If I actually was going to bot (and I'm not), it would be to benefit myself so that I can play at the same level as everyone else is - not to harm them.

You have no proof that "everyone else" is botting though...

It's a gross overstatement, I will definitely agree with you there. However, if you think only 1% or 5% of the player base is botting... I got news for you. It's a lot of people.
I have a real question for you, how are you being punished and who are these thousands of players, have you actually got a consensus of thousands of players or just a couple dozen? You can still play the game can't you?

I already answered this question. The bots amass an incredible amount of wealth, which positions them to be a very lucrative position when brand new items are released into the economy via an expansion or patch.

As for gaining a consensus... what does it matter? One does not need the majority to agree with them to know if they are right.

What has this got to do about being right or wrong? So now you're throwing presumptuous crap on the forum and demanding blizzard reason with you? Seriously? LOL.

Why do you care about a bots wealth it has no concern or impact over you, infact if you think your game is involved in the AH then you're just like the many rest of the "Stupid people on the forum" as you so claim who are whining about how AH is ruining the economy of a 4 player game. What expansion and what patch? As far as I see there's void of any of that in the next month. We're halfway through november the last patch was what? October 25? It used to be bi-weekly now monthly now its 0 news at all funderful.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/19/2012 4:03 PM PST
simple math -

you can get diablo 3 for 20$ all day long now ..

then go rent a remote file server that can run d3 , another 60$ ..

now setup the remote connection , and let the bot run ...

at the very least it will run 72 hours = a minimum of 35 mill to be made + your drops ..

tell me how you loose ,
if you get by with 3 days at least ,
or better yet the average is about 3 to 12 weeks for a bot going 24/7 ..

all profit by the end of the run !

( up yours blizzard , fix the drops & people will want to play instead of bot ! )
Edited by setsae#1511 on 11/19/2012 4:12 PM PST
Wait. Why are botters or just "people with better gear' making you unable to play the game? Like is it a competition to have the best gear, and now this is giving them an unfair advantage over you that you can't deal with.

I don't know many players who have played the same hours as I have that are doing better than me without using RMAH, so I don't really think me sucking has anything to do with it. I'd like to know how my level of skill has anything to do with me not having better gear than I already have, or how my level of skill prevents me from getting better gear than my putting in hundreds of hours more into the game.

But I looked at your character, and your gear is worse than mine is, so I don't know why you think I suck so much at the game when I'm clearly doing better than you are. Since your gear is worse, does that give me the right to say you suck at the game? But I guess that would be pretty childish response, wouldn't it?

Your whole point is childish!!! Thats the whole issue here.. You are crying to blizzard like a little child.. No fair mommy tommy got 2 cookies by stealing 1 and I only got 1, I am going to steal a cookie unless you give me another 1!!! How is it that I can enjoy the game even though people bot and I do not? How could plenty of people enjoy D2 for years without using a bot while plenty of people used bots in D2?

There are always cheaters in any given video game.. Does that mean everyone has to cheat? Some people find it more fun and enjoyable not being a cheater.. If I needed to cheat at a video game then it wouldnt be worth playing in the first place.. Just watch a movie or cartoons if you want everything to play out for you and all you have to do is watch...

Very well said, so sick of all these cry babies...
Why do you care about a bots wealth it has no concern or impact over you, infact if you think your game is involved in the AH then you're just like the many rest of the "Stupid people on the forum" as you so claim who are whining about how AH is ruining the economy of a 4 player game. What expansion and what patch? As far as I see there's void of any of that in the next month. We're halfway through november the last patch was what? October 25? It used to be bi-weekly now its 0 news at all funderful.

What are you? A bot lover? You must be.

Bots do the following things.

1) They gain paragon levels faster than you, thus they get more drops and gold then you.

2) They can farm the game longer than you and don't sleep, which means they are getting even more drops and gold.

3) They will reach a cap where they no longer need best-in-slot gear. At this point, everything they find is pure profit, and they will amass tons and tons of wealth above and beyond the legit player

4) When new patch or expansion comes out, who do you think will buy up all of the best-in-slot gear when it appears on the AH? They will, because they have the wealth to afford it while legit players likely don't - they were still busy trying to find best-in-slot gear before the patch or expansion came out. This gear will eventually increase in value and thus they become even wealthier because they bought it while it was cheap in relation to all of the other new items exposed to the economy.

It's really a simple formula, and they've been doing this already as it is. This is nothing new. It even happened in d2 for !@#$'s sake - even between ladder seasons.

I never said the AH is ruining the economy. I inferred bots were accelerating the economy to unhealthy levels, which negatively affects the wealth of most players in the game (their items and gold are worth less, which means their wealth goes down by the day). The bots on the other hand purchase more stable assets, like real money or bis gear, which means they maintain incredible amounts of wealth in the game compared to the rest of players.

But even beyond that, the bigger problem is just the shear disadvantage a legit player has when it comes to simple things like gaining paragon levels and getting drops. I'm not even talking about the larger consequences.

If you don't think all of this is bad for the game and bad for legit players, then you must be in support of the bots are something.
Your whole point is childish!!! Thats the whole issue here.. You are crying to blizzard like a little child.. No fair mommy tommy got 2 cookies by stealing 1 and I only got 1, I am going to steal a cookie unless you give me another 1!!! How is it that I can enjoy the game even though people bot and I do not? How could plenty of people enjoy D2 for years without using a bot while plenty of people used bots in D2?

There are always cheaters in any given video game.. Does that mean everyone has to cheat? Some people find it more fun and enjoyable not being a cheater.. If I needed to cheat at a video game then it wouldnt be worth playing in the first place.. Just watch a movie or cartoons if you want everything to play out for you and all you have to do is watch...

It's running rampant! If you have certain goals in a game and people achieve similar goals through unfair means, how could you not do the same? The thing is there are so many that it's getting out of hand. I can deal with a few botters but 5 on my f-list?

There's Ladder on D-2 so bots didn't matter. There's no Ladder on D-3, so the longer this happens the more advantage bot/player receives. Do you know how much it sucks watching these bots gain x amount of lvls and x amount of items through out the week because there's nothing you could about it? TBH Diablo isn't worth playing right now until the next patch.
11/19/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Scala
Why do you care about a bots wealth it has no concern or impact over you, infact if you think your game is involved in the AH then you're just like the many rest of the "Stupid people on the forum" as you so claim who are whining about how AH is ruining the economy of a 4 player game. What expansion and what patch? As far as I see there's void of any of that in the next month. We're halfway through november the last patch was what? October 25? It used to be bi-weekly now its 0 news at all funderful.

What are you? A bot lover? You must be.

Bots do the following things.

1) They gain paragon levels faster than you, thus they get more drops and gold then you.

2) They can farm the game longer than you and don't sleep, which means they are getting even more drops and gold.

3) They will reach a cap where they no longer need best-in-slot gear. At this point, everything they find is pure profit, and they will amass tons and tons of wealth above and beyond the legit player

4) When new patch or expansion comes out, who do you think will buy up all of the best-in-slot gear when it appears on the AH? They will, because they have the wealth to afford it while legit players likely don't - they were still busy trying to find best-in-slot gear before the patch or expansion came out. This gear will eventually increase in value and thus they become even wealthier because they bought it while it was cheap in relation to all of the other new items exposed to the economy.

It's really a simple formula, and they've been doing this already as it is. This is nothing new. It even happened in d2 for !@#$'s sake - even between ladder seasons.

I never said the AH is ruining the economy. I inferred bots were accelerating the economy to unhealthy levels, which negatively affects the wealth of most players in the game (their items and gold are worth less, which means their wealth goes down by the day). The bots on the other hand purchase more stable assets, like real money or bis gear, which means they maintain incredible amounts of wealth in the game compared to the rest of players.

But even beyond that, the bigger problem is just the shear disadvantage a legit player has when it comes to simple things like gaining paragon levels and getting drops. I'm not even talking about the larger consequences.

If you don't think all of this is bad for the game and bad for legit players, then you must be in support of the bots are something.

Good assumption on the first one but unfortunately you're entirely wrong. Bot Lover? LOL there goes my point straight through your head *whoosh*

" it has no concern or impact over you"
there i'll make it obvious.
Regardless if i Bot or don't; check last login date idiot before speaking.

1) So? Why does that matter there's no ladder you saying if I get more paragon then you all of a sudden you should quit? LMAO

2) Again why does this concern you and how does it affect you again? What economy? 4 player game? Miss the memo?

3) Much like every other player who decides to get there however they want. If you wanna cut your game to your end super fast and do what they do then come back here and b!tch n wine with cheese on top about nothing to do next then you're just a whiny little princess then.

4) If you've been playing since May 15 theres no such thing as NEW items. Blizzard loves to nerf items left and right and dropbomb the economy and shift it all into something else lol but they've reached the end at Legendaries. So yea. once again how does this concern you? Have you been playing since like end of August only or something? What expansion, what patch? You working for them or something? There's no news about any of that no official statement nothing solid, it's all just conjecture. You don't even have PVP yet don't even mention an expansion or you're just being foolish.

D2 as far as I'm concerned isn't a fkriddled with threads like these compared to D3 over 12 years. And D3 has only had a lifespan of 6 months. End of story, play your game or QUIT.

I never said the AH is ruining the economy. I inferred bots were accelerating the economy to unhealthy levels

Toe May Toe Toe Mah Toe. You basically said the same thing there good job. contradict yourself more. What other economy is there if its not the AH? rofl. The AH exists, bots utilize it accelerate it to unhealthy levels so AH is ruining the economy because bots are injecting it with tons of stuff. LOL okay let's say it like Scala now.
"I never said the AH..." actually dont care.

Like what? Crap itemization? Don't like your game? Came to the forums to play Forum3? Too grindy for you? Welcome the ARPG genre it's all about grind.

Once again, how does a bot affect your game exactly? It doesn't change your drops it doesn't change the amount of gold or exp you gain or the mobs you fight or anything so? Your point?
You seem to be thinking i'm some kind of bot lover for god knows what when my last login date was August 03/2012, so yeah good one.
Keep trying you might eventually stop reading between the lines and actually get the message that I was focused on your original post and how you completely missed the fact that you were and indeed are threatening blizzard and went "Whatever [caught me there]"

Bot lover yeah okay pfft, idiot OP says i'm a bot lover when he speaks on large volumes to say he's going to join them and be a botter. Stupid.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/19/2012 4:34 PM PST
To be honest, I think that if you're considering botting you're missing the point of playing a game (which is to have fun). If getting your next upgrade is the only entertainment value you get out of playing Diablo 3 maybe it's time to pick up something else.

Blizzard, please give me a real reason why I shouldn't bot your game.

Because you'll get banned. They do ban people and even post about it...

Purchase a new copy of D3
Install on another computer that has wireless
Use your neighbor's non pw connected wifi
Bot tour butt off

It is beginning to look like the only way to get an upgrade is by having 300+ million gold. How are you supposed to make that much gold without hitting the lottery in this game?
Edited by Adrenaline#1529 on 11/19/2012 4:39 PM PST
I am tired of watching friends bot myself.. I have snitched on them and nothing has been done!!! Call it envy, jealous, or what ever, but when I see them being way below my char to surpassing me to a point where I can never get to with out botting... Makes me wonder, why I shouldn't take place in botting too... Getting banned... LOL BS Like I said friends still not Banned and been weeks since I snitched... They have made enough gold and gear to buy another copy!!! Fact is..... If your not botting YOU LOSE!!!
11/19/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Impact
To be honest, I think that if you're considering botting you're missing the point of playing a game (which is to have fun). If getting your next upgrade is the only entertainment value you get out of playing Diablo 3 maybe it's time to pick up something else.

You would not have to worry about buying your next upgrade off the AH at all if loot dropped that was actually useable and not a total joke.
@Exile

Well said and I agree completely.

I think people are missing the point of video games if they need to resort to cheating. There is nothing competitve in D3 atm so not sure why people are looking for ways to exhaust all content in this game.

I do use the AH to sell gear but I have only purchased a couple of gem designs from it. All my gear is self found and i'm quite proud of my Barb and WD - i'm sure more so than any who have used the AH.

This is a loot hunt game so once you start finding shortcuts to the actual content then of course you will run out of things to do. I'm still having fun playing D3 and i'm sure i'll keep going untill the next patch or expansion rolls around and that's how it should be imo.

I only have 2 requests - ID all please! PLEASE blizzard! My RSI begs thee!! I will pay whatever cost to ID all at the end of a run! I don't care if it uses up all the gold I just found but please let me ID all. It's so fiddly id'ing all items in inv then running over them a second time while you check out stats and vendor them. The first step of this can be elimanated. Also when crafting gems please let me select how many I would like to craft FFS!! Why are all these actions so slow, cumbersome, time consuming and frustrating when you promote the game as fast and keeping you in the action?! 2 simple things for legitimate players.

@Light

Just saw your post above -Awesome monk for self found and great post! As much as I don't like Athene (Moldran and Kripp ftw) that is an excellnt quote and pretty much sums up how it is.

Btw I play on MP5 with 0 deaths on Barb and less than 8-10 deaths on WD full act clears. I find good loot all the time, they may not be upgrades for my character but how do you think my WD got such amazing gear when he has so little elite kills. If you have a character in each affix category int, str and dex you will find upgrades for all.
Edited by strYker#6870 on 11/19/2012 4:45 PM PST
you're banned..gg...if u want to find upgrades, dont use AH...
Paragon system was a dumb idea they should have either

A. added more real levels, and not made it 7 billion experience to cap (which one might add is something like leveling to 1-60 500 or 600 times.

B. removed mf/gf and given a base of 300% to everyone.

Honestly, what's the incentive to not bot? spend all your day playing for loot that has an extremely high chance of being worth nothing even if it's a legendary, yah that gets the girls wet.

Us legit players are essentially being scoffed by blizzard not doing anything.
Edited by unnamed#1230 on 11/19/2012 4:47 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]