Diablo® III

How many active hardcore players?

I was playing some HC last night and decided to jump into the Hardcore chat channel. To my surprise, only 12 people in channel.

Are you hardcore folks just not jumping into chat, or are there really that few of us?
Reply Quote
There's quite a few, and a lot seem to be joining up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I also noticed how few people were in chat. I guess most people don't bother to look at the extra chat channels and are only in general
Reply Quote
Yeah I would agree with that. I just noticed that there actually was a Hardcore channel last night, myself.
Reply Quote
What everyone else said.
Reply Quote
I keep forgetting to join the channel. O.o
Reply Quote
I was playing some HC last night and decided to jump into the Hardcore chat channel. To my surprise, only 12 people in channel.

Are you hardcore folks just not jumping into chat, or are there really that few of us?

There's actually a ton of HC channels and the game allocates the players out between them, so there's always very few people in the HC channel you can see.
Reply Quote
12 is actually a lot for one hardcore channel. The most I've seen is 15. I am always in hardcore channel, but rarely talk. Sometimes I say hello when i log on, just to scare people who forgot they were still in channel. I'm mostly there incase I see a question I can answer, have a question you can answer, or anyone needs help. As a wise Anomie once said: there are actually a ton of HC channels. Too many probably since we are all so spread out, but complaining about game features is for another thread..
Reply Quote
theres a chat channel?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Yea never knew about a chat channel. I still play. Well my 60 Barb died this weekend so I am still a little butthurt to make a new char lol.
Reply Quote
I think there are 15-17 HC channels. I have mine disabled though.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
There are about ~3700 hardcores listed in DiabloProgress.com in the Americas realm. You can find this out by unequipping everything and then waiting 3 days for your profile to update *rolls my eyes* and see where you rank (at the bottom) or just look at Aug's rankings here (he sold all his gear):

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/hcbigaug-1950/Aug/25517170

Of course, not everyone is listed there, but I'm guessing probably 50% are.

Our community is very small. :\

Galx
Reply Quote
I'm about as regular a player as there is.

I play several times a week. Been playing since the release.

I've never once jumped into a chat. Don't try to estimate how many active players there are by the chat participation (or lack of). There are TONS of people who simply don't use Diablo as a social outlet.
Edited by WhiteOwl#1550 on 11/19/2012 1:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Of course, not everyone is listed [on diabloprogress], but I'm guessing probably 50% are.

Seriously? That seems like a high estimate to me. I bet most players don't spend time on these forums or know about diabloprogress.

I've never actually been to the diabloprogress site even though I see people brag about it all of the time. I just can't bring myself to care.
Reply Quote
I've joined the HC channel a couple of times, but because it becomes the default chat, as soon as my friend joins I leave so I don't accidentally type stuff to the channel instead of him. :/
Reply Quote
I play regularly (every day/night) with a group of friends I've met in public games since release.
There's about 10 of us that are always on and I'm pretty sure none of us are on hardcore chat.

Most people play with their own vent/mumble servers or are on a skype call with each other and just don't bother joining chat channels.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
11/19/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Sunshine
Seriously? That seems like a high estimate to me. I bet most players don't spend time on these forums or know about diabloprogress.

Well, to be honest, it was just a flat-out guesstimate. But a lot of people get added to DiabloProgress.com by others. People who post in the forums a lot are especially likely to get added by someone who wants to see their base (unbuffed) stats, or how that player ranks on the various ladders.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]