Diablo® III

farming MP8 CM/WW

So,

After going through a bunch of different levels it seems to me that MP8 just has the best legendary drops/rates. It is a little longer than the lower levels in terms of elite kill time but in a few runs I have encountered 3-4 set items and 1-2 legendaries in each run of the keep depths/Stonefort. No other parts of act 3. Just getting everyones thoughts on the best spots to farm at this level.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
for me mp7 is the best... mp8+ takes too long to kill...
Reply Quote
Yeah I suggest MP7 to most CM/WW. I didn't find MP8 worth my time until 160k dps and even then I wasn't sure it was worth it over 7.

That is assuming you never die. If you die, then stay in 7 regardless of your dps to reduce deaths.
Reply Quote
View profile
imo challenge is a little more fun than just wasting packs where you can barley even get wind up going like in mp6 and stuff. I wish I had dps for mp10 cuz it's too grindy but damage is nice so i've settled in on 8. Act 4 ofc. screw efficient. I play for fun not grinding one way or the other. monster HP or farming.

Really I wish they doubled the damage and halved the HP. Game would be a lot more fun.

Oh yeah and doubled the drop % at higher mp to scale with double the damage.:P
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/17/2012 9:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
what's your mf? im sitting at 520ish mf with 5 nv etc...and i never get set items in mp7 or mp8...and i have done plenty of keep depths and stonefort runs...am i just getting really unlucky? i have never gotten a set item off of either mp7 or mp8...
Reply Quote
View profile
imo challenge is a little more fun than just wasting packs where you can barley even get wind up going like in mp6 and stuff. I wish I had dps for mp10 cuz it's too grindy but damage is nice so i've settled in on 8. Act 4 ofc. screw efficient. I play for fun not grinding one way or the other. monster HP or farming.

Really I wish they doubled the damage and halved the HP. Game would be a lot more fun.

Oh yeah and doubled the drop % at higher mp to scale with double the damage.:P

+1 im getting bored now cause all the acts are a grindfest, im thinking of switching out evo for glass cannon to make mp7 farming more of a challenge
Reply Quote
Assuming you are near max mf every mp is 20% loot for 40% more hp. This is why the lower mp is the best for solo to a point. Now if you have 3 party members similar to your dps its becomes a 20% more loot for effectively 30% more hp which is a ratio that can work when you account for taxi time. I like mp6 or mp3 for solo(2 different builds) and MP7 for group size less then 4 and MP8 for 4.
Reply Quote
Not sure if it's only me or smth, but the loots in MP 8 are much greater than in MP 7 it seems, but very little difference when I go from 8 to 9. So I think MP 8 is the best spot for farming if you want loots. I went back to MP 7 very shortly because the speed increased, but then the loots were so inferior compared to MP 8 that I had to come back to 8.

I will never do low MP on a daily basis, maybe for quick leveling when I have 2-3 bars left, okay, but for daily farming? Absolutely not. I used 100k DPS CM/WW and 220k DPS Archon in MP 2-3, and stuff died instantly, but it bored me to no end, I just couldn't stand those brain-numbing runs.

MP 8 ftw!
Reply Quote
Awesome responses,

I run with a barb and monk usually. We can blow through mp8 with my monk friend simply because he rings everyone in to the twisters and we just destroy packs. In terms of the legendary/set stuff @saber1251 i'm only 35 paragon lvl w/o any mf gear. But last night was an example of finding 4 sets and 1 legendary in 35 minutes. Maybe it's luck I don't know. But the Natalya's Reflection did sell for 80 mil lol.
Reply Quote
I farm in MP8, currently 504 MF.

I pick up i63 one handed weapons, rings/amulets/follower items, and i63 belts cause they are small.

I almost never fill my invo without at least one legendary. I often get 3 per invo.

So yeah, you gotta be getting really unlucky.

Set pieces are much rarer cause there isn't a corresponding set piece with every item like with legendaries.

What I mean by that is there's roughly a 1/1000 chance of an item being legend, then a 1/1000 chance of it being set.

Say the item about to drop is a sovereign helm. You fail the first roll for legendary, then you win on the second roll for set item. The roll will then fail because there is no set item for a sovereign helm. You have to win the first roll for a legendary to get an Andariels.

So that's why set items are so much more rare. The vast majority of set items in inferno are based on the i63 version of the slot.
Reply Quote
why would one pick up follower items ? Do these sell ?
Reply Quote
Vendor for Gold, and they take only 1 slot instead of 2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]