Diablo® III

Need some help getting my first hellfire ring

Ive been back at D3 for about 3 weeks now after being gone from the game for a few months... just soloing and getting used to playing again. I ended up settling with Emperors meteor build b/c I find it alot of fun, and it handles high MPs extremely well. Ive also been doing low MP archon speed runs, and I realize just how badly a hellfire ring will help the grind.

With that being said, most high level uber groups dont really want a meteor wizzy, and I cant say that I blame them...CM/WW is far more efficient at it, so I didnt mind getting the cold shoulder.

I dont mind getting a crappy roll on the ring, Im used to that with all these crappy legs ive been getting, but the extra exp is enticing.

Is anyone willing to help run me though a high level uber run? I run about 200k dps unbuffed (more if i wouldnt be stubborn and just get a trium) and more importantly, I have the 3 machines to do it with.
Edited by Kalidore#1617 on 11/18/2012 4:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can help
Reply Quote
oops just noticed I need one more act 2 key, ill go rush and get one. And thanks a bunch Aph!
Reply Quote
4 machines ready to go
Reply Quote
All done, thx Shandlar for the help!
Reply Quote
Yea thanks you two, i notice a huge difference on those archon runs now xp wise.

And I figured id get a crappy ring roll. :p

(not quite as bad as aphs tho)
Reply Quote
Hi Kalidore, i used the same build, any advise on how to get my DPS up. Thanks.
Reply Quote
1. you dont mind crappy roll, then I ask "why do you want a hellfire ring?"

2. by the time you are close to my skills (never will that happen but just saying) you'll realize your chest has 11 eye, spine, wither of each. Then you ask youself, should I make more hellfire rings just for a 0.5 CC upgrade.

3. You left Diablo 3 for months and decided to return for part 2. I think you say the game is fun then why did you leave?
Reply Quote
I'll answer for him!

1: extra XP levelling paragon
2: Uber event is something new and kinda cool. The ring is cheap to make and awesome for new alts and followers.
3: they implemented 1.05 - a good patch with lots of changes.
Reply Quote
View profile
Aph are you resetting cooldowns like you'd like and able to lock single in one place? I mean like with 60% CC and right under 2.5 ias? If so do you think high CC and relatively cheap oculous/slorack is the way to fly over chants and higher ias? I guess most of the savings would be eaten up by achieving such high CC but just wondering what feels better?
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/19/2012 12:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Cooldowns are great but theres slightly more stutter on freezes. I'm over 2.5 by a fraction for the next WW breakpoint.

Don't forget Slorak's can roll with up to +8% to WW - huge helper on cooldowns.

I still have a few more gear options I wish to try out though. But Sloraks/Oculous is def a cheaper route.
Reply Quote
View profile
lol for now it's cheaper... look forward to your opinions. Super high CC and high ias I never got to try. After WW nerf I went as high as 61% but that was with 1.62 ias so trash. During PTR non owned high CC yet I could borrow from and try. anyway looking forward to it. Chants is a DPS killer and apoc source is outragous. I got a 285 oculous in my box with -5 mets for 27m by comparison. Those wands are like 100m.. yeh I'm curious being budget minded.
Reply Quote
1. you dont mind crappy roll, then I ask "why do you want a hellfire ring?"

2. by the time you are close to my skills (never will that happen but just saying) you'll realize your chest has 11 eye, spine, wither of each. Then you ask youself, should I make more hellfire rings just for a 0.5 CC upgrade.

3. You left Diablo 3 for months and decided to return for part 2. I think you say the game is fun then why did you leave?

1. xp runs on archon are alot more efficient xp wise with 35% more xp. I didnt expect to get good stats, and didnt really need them since i run on ml2 for archon.
2.I only wanted one ring, maybe a 2nd for my follower later. I fully expect it would take 50 or more tries to get a halfway decent ring. I like the two I run with for higher MPs with my meteor build anyways. (And I didnt realize playing a pve game took "skills")
3. I left around 1.02 b/c I wasnt having fun. My brother said they made some nice changes on 1.05, so I gave it a shot. Im having fun.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Boon
Hi Kalidore, i used the same build, any advise on how to get my DPS up. Thanks.

get a black wand (with more apoc) Id rather have crit chance and crit damage on my amulet. Attack speed is nice, but its not as important for the build as crit damage is. Same with your gloves. They need some crit dmg too. Get a cheap pair of zuni trails, my brother found some for under a mill. Once you get a black wand, the extra % damage on them will help. Get a SOJ. It wont increase your paper dps, but it helps melt elites a ton faster, and i find it pretty necessary for our build.
Reply Quote
thanks for your advice
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]