Diablo® III

Just so sad

Found a very nice Manticore/ http://imgur.com/Fv7yV / 2 weeks ago and since I'm a barb can't use it so I decided to sell it around the price it deserved. First few days could not sell it on the AH so tried other method on forums. Then yesterday a guy came and suggested me to pay for cash, since I wanted to get rid of it and tried to upgrade my barb with the gold from the Manticore, I accepted his offer.

He made his transaction via paypal and asked me to check the balance. There was the amount we had decided on the weapon and I was thinking 'my barb is going to be OP with this'. After I expressed my appreciation to the guy and gave him the weapon, I received an email that said 'An unauthorised account activity ...' from paypal. Apparently the guy filed a claim on this transaction that it was unauthorised. Shockingly checked my balance the money was gone and paypal put a 'hold' on that transaction. They required me to file evidence on that shipment is sent or delivered. Since the trade was done in the game and I didn't record or made any screen shot, I don't have proofs to it.

I believe you all know how it feels when you find a legendary item in the game and more surprised to see the roll. This was one of the best items so far I found in the game and it feels soooooo sad to loose scams like this.
Reply Quote
Can't trust trades like that ever. Blizzard will do nothing to help you out. Hell scamming successfully is the most profitable, and blizzard approved, way of farming in this game.

Therefore, a %$#ton of people do it.
Edited by Killxswitch#1392 on 11/17/2012 4:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 04:38 AMPosted by Killxswitch
Can't trust trades like that ever

yeah, I learnt my lesson.
Reply Quote
I would next time use e-bay eventually. or some way to do a contract. If I remember right you have some ways there how to deal with such people.

If the amount of money is high enough you can at lest sue people. I mean a contract is a contract. YOu have the evidence, they wanted to buy it, you sold it, they didnt payed. That should be clear to anyone, even Blizz.

So you can always get scamed, but you have to make sure that you can prove the case.
Reply Quote
Have you heard about a feature called "Real money auction house"?
You got what you deserved.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 04:45 AMPosted by CrniVuk
So you can always get scamed, but you have to make sure that you can prove the case.

That's what I was thinking... The email says unauthorized activity on that person's account.... it doesn't make sense I didn't get that money! he transferred it to me ...
Reply Quote

would you sell this Manticore for 250$ ?
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 04:56 AMPosted by HishnickMn

That's what I was thinking... The email says unauthorized activity on that person's account.... it doesn't make sense I didn't get that money! he transferred it to me ...

you obviously didnt wait for the money to finish transfering, there are 3 stages of a paypal payment, if your so horny to jump the gun and give the item on the 1st stage its your own fault, absolute moron lol. Wait till it says COMPLETE not PROCESSING, DURRRR.

if you think your SOOO clever by not using the RMAH, then be smart enough to know how to use paypal? LOLLLL ..what a FOOL. you have paypal clearly, should of connected it to the RMAH and went that way, 15% + 1$ fee isnt as bad as 0$ and lololol

Noobs 0, Scammers 1
Reply Quote

would you sell this Manticore for 250$ ?

then sell it for gold and sell the gold, either way dont be a moron lol, like i said, if you think your soooo smart by undermining blizzard and using paypal and not RMAH, then be smart enough to know how to use it lol, wait till the transaction is safely complete, HELL wait untill you spent the money.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:01 AMPosted by Seige
Noobs 0, Scammers 1

Thanks for the useful insight! I really appreciate it. The transaction was actually said 'Complete'...
Reply Quote
Man, why are the people in this forum such !@#$%^-s? OP has already said lesson learned and his post wasn't raging at anyone just expressing his disappointment. This may even serve as a warning to someone else.
Reply Quote
You should just use the RMAH. That is the reason Blizzard put it ingame to lessen the scam activity. You deserve what happened to you. You do not deserve any remorse or pity.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:06 AMPosted by ChismoSF
Man, why are the people in this forum such !@#$%^-s? OP has already said lesson learned and his post wasn't raging at anyone just expressing his disappointment. This may even serve as a warning to someone else.

because were all tired of hearing people cry about a situation they had 100% control over and still managed to !@#$ up lol, its people like him who make it worth it for the scammers to invest time into lol, theres a fish who bites every minute.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:06 AMPosted by ChismoSF
Man, why are the people in this forum such !@#$%^-s? OP has already said lesson learned and his post wasn't raging at anyone just expressing his disappointment. This may even serve as a warning to someone else

I just wanted to tell everybody that there are options to void the transaction in paypal. Since paypal is one of main online transaction system that most of use. Here i'm just expressing my bad experience towards rushing to sell an item and yaeh honestly felt a little greedy as I would have helped my barb a lot.

Before doing to transaction, I asked people and searched web sites for many information whether the sender could void the transaction on paypal and I could not find anything. So take it as a piece of information, some of us may encounter later.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:11 AMPosted by pher12x
You do not deserve any remorse or pity.

Do not worry too much, that's not what I am expecting. As I said, this is just a piece of information if there are people unaware of it. Cheers!
Reply Quote
Been there, done that. People have been pulling this trick for years especially with "digital goods". I had every proof in the book when I was scammed some years back. Screenshots and logs and Paypal did nada!

You deserve what happened to you. You do not deserve any remorse or pity.

Most people will make this mistake only once. I had trust in paypal that they would protect the seller as well as the customer, but apparently not.
Edited by LilithX#1388 on 11/17/2012 5:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah paypal is useless. Transfer the money to your bank account or something (have 0 balance in PP) then give item, worse they do then is shut down account. I guess it's a lot harder to actually get money from a 3rd party then from your balance
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:12 AMPosted by Seige

because were all tired of hearing people cry about a situation they had 100% control over and still managed to !@#$ up lol, its people like him who make it worth it for the scammers to invest time into lol, theres a fish who bites every minute.

Seems, from the amount of "lol", that you draw some perverse pleasure from this. Lets not forget that the OP acted in good faith and got scammed, even though he acted stupidly, the scammer is still the prick imho.

If these threads bother you so much you need to be rude you do have 100% control also.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]