Diablo® III

Just so sad

paypal is both a blessing and a curse.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:01 AMPosted by Seige

That's what I was thinking... The email says unauthorized activity on that person's account.... it doesn't make sense I didn't get that money! he transferred it to me ...

you obviously didnt wait for the money to finish transfering, there are 3 stages of a paypal payment, if your so horny to jump the gun and give the item on the 1st stage its your own fault, absolute moron lol. Wait till it says COMPLETE not PROCESSING, DURRRR.

if you think your SOOO clever by not using the RMAH, then be smart enough to know how to use paypal? LOLLLL ..what a FOOL. you have paypal clearly, should of connected it to the RMAH and went that way, 15% + 1$ fee isnt as bad as 0$ and lololol

Noobs 0, Scammers 1

You expect a buyer to wait 45 days to get their item? That's how long you'd have to wait on the transaction. Might as well just sell it on the RMAH for $250 in that case...in 45 days the price of that Manticore might drop that low.
Reply Quote
just leave it in the GAH and be patient, someone will buy it... geez
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:25 AMPosted by Korlic
just leave it in the GAH and be patient, someone will buy it... geez

Yeah will definitely do that from now on. the thing is, when you have a nice item and you know it is worth over a billion, sometimes its hard to refuse nice suggestions. well at least for me
Reply Quote
Ive seen this scam before. A friend of mine actually did a couple of trades with this guy adding up to bout $500. Had screenshots and everything. Paypal did nothing. They reviewed the transactions and said it was fraudulent even tho he had proof that the trade was made. All you have to do is tell paypal hey i didnt make this transaction and they will always refund the money in cases like this. This happened about 3 years ago so its nothing new btw.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:29 AMPosted by Dirk
This happened about 3 years ago so its nothing new btw.

Thanks for sharing it. If only I knew it a few hours ago :P
Reply Quote
Hish, you must have never been around RMT in any MMO or Online type game prior to Diablo... You almost NEVER want to trust Paypal transactions as they are notorious for charge backs and hassles for intangible items.

Western Union is great as once the cash is picked up, there is no way to charge back, as well as utilizing services such as bitcoins which are irreversible. Otherwise, stick to official transaction methods to prevent that from happening.

Now you know.
Edited by Xenophis#1434 on 11/17/2012 5:50 AM PST
Reply Quote

you obviously didnt wait for the money to finish transfering, there are 3 stages of a paypal payment, if your so horny to jump the gun and give the item on the 1st stage its your own fault, absolute moron lol. Wait till it says COMPLETE not PROCESSING, DURRRR.

if you think your SOOO clever by not using the RMAH, then be smart enough to know how to use paypal? LOLLLL ..what a FOOL. you have paypal clearly, should of connected it to the RMAH and went that way, 15% + 1$ fee isnt as bad as 0$ and lololol

Noobs 0, Scammers 1

You expect a buyer to wait 45 days to get their item? That's how long you'd have to wait on the transaction. Might as well just sell it on the RMAH for $250 in that case...in 45 days the price of that Manticore might drop that low.

lol talk out your !@# more, I use paypal on a frequent basis and ive had transactions complete in less than a week and the money spent as well, also received the item in the mail from amazon in less than that time, all before your "45" day mark. Charge back cant do much when I have the money spent and what I bought already in my possession can it? lol
Reply Quote
Hish, you must have never been around RMT in any MMO or Online type game prior to Diablo... You almost NEVER want to trust Paypal transactions as they are notorious for charge backs and hassles for intangible items.

Western Union is great as once the cash is picked up, there is no way to charge back, as well as utilizing services such as bitcoins which are irreversible. Otherwise, stick to official transaction methods to prevent that from happening.

Now you know.

Thanks a lot, that a great insight.
Reply Quote
I will state the obvious that every normal person would say..WHO THE HELL IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD PAY 250$ FOR A VIRTUAL ITEM!
This is nuts!
Reply Quote
[quote]
would you sell this Manticore for 250$ ?

Nothing in this game is worth 250 bucks.
Reply Quote
View profile
they have a name for that.... 3rd party.

ebay doesnt work btw, bliz complained to them about all the account selling in d2 and now they close diablo in-game selling auctions.
Reply Quote
You can also take some screenshots next time to "prove" you have delibered the product, or even make a video.
Reply Quote
What is sad here is that after the countless warnings posted about using paypal due to charge back scams, you still went ahead and did it.

I don't know why people can't agree with a buyer that it goes through the AH only? You agree a price, post it, buyer gets his item, you get your gold, Blizz get their 15% and no one gets scammed. Greedy people are the reason scammers are still in business.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 06:30 AMPosted by CLecter
You can also take some screenshots next time to "prove" you have delibered the product, or even make a video.

That wont help you. Pay pal will ALWAYS refund the money to the purchaser in a virtual item sale.

There is no way for paypal to know who actually received the item.
Edited by Dirk#1799 on 11/17/2012 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 06:37 AMPosted by Dirk

That wont help you. Pay pal will ALWAYS refund the money to the purchaser in a virtual item sale.

There is no way for paypal to know who actually received the item.

ok.. so how do u trade without the rmah?
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Ender
You trade at your own risk. There are third party sites with reputations and little credibility, but RMAH is your safest bet. We should thank Blizzard for making it easy.

Ya, except for the part where theres a $250 cap on the rmah so scams can only happen with big purchases. Also take 15% off while your at it.. arent you thankful ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]