Diablo® III

In the process of dying to a bug

Another soon to be victim of the dashing strike bug... Game is paused and i have around 10% hp left, character is nowhere to be seen and can't do anything but damage is still being taken.

Any way i can break out of this?

here are screenies:
http://i.imgur.com/U0QGU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5jGqn.jpg

is this Blizzard telling me to quit again?
Reply Quote
Exit game and restart, you will probably still be ok
Reply Quote
"probably" is still rather scary, i recall it still requires me to wait 10s before logging out and molten bombs are about to go off
Reply Quote
do you have anyt 4hing
Reply Quote
That's your best shot...

Invite me in and I'll try to come save you if not bryanw1995#1913
Reply Quote
Another noob. Just leave the game. You'll be fine. I promise.
Reply Quote
www.Twitch.tv/jyk524 come we can discuss what to do
Reply Quote
crisis averted

paused games dc by themselves after a while i guess, still a close call

thanks for the people offering help though
Edited by Cuddlepaws#6168 on 11/18/2012 5:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
1. Use dashing strike to the lacuni on the right.
2. Hit him a few times and maybe kill him.
3. Serenity should be up.
4. Run to the wp.
5. Use serenity if you need to, and blinding flash
6. Post if you live.

EDIT: And facepalm yourself for not having near death experience.
Edited by LimeLoight#1320 on 11/18/2012 5:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
1. Use dashing strike to the lacuni on the right.
2. Hit him a few times and maybe kill him.
3. Serenity should be up.
4. Run to the wp.
5. Use serenity if you need to, and blinding flash
6. Post if you live.

EDIT: And facepalm yourself for not having near death experience.

He had the invisibility bug, so he wouldn't be able to move. I hate that bug... I always lose my stacks...
Reply Quote
And OP still thinks he would have died from the bug. Sad, sad noobs.
Reply Quote
so did you survive after you leave the game??
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 06:21 AMPosted by alpha

i didn't "leave" the game, the session expired after 20 or so minutes of being paused and was greeted nicely back at the character screen with my monk still kicking...

11/18/2012 05:46 AMPosted by Hanayagi

BAAWWW some internet tough guy told me off that i suck at a game!

0/10 trolls, try harder
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 05:46 AMPosted by Hanayagi

i died from this bug on hardcore...
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Martin

i died from this bug on hardcore...

You died because you didnt exit game. you TPed or did other thing. If you leave you cant die
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Cuddlepaws

i didn't "leave" the game, the session expired after 20 or so minutes of being paused and was greeted nicely back at the character screen with my monk still kicking...

BAAWWW some internet tough guy told me off that i suck at a game!

0/10 trolls, try harder

Eventually your character will die. Stop playing now if you are going to cry here when that eventually dies. Wether it dies to a bug, dc or any other reason it will die so quit now if you can't handle that like a man. That way we can be spared your tears.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 08:26 AMPosted by REVENGE
quit now if you can't handle that like a man.

Because only men play video games. Big tough men who have the emotional strength to handle the tragedy of pixels disappearing forever without crying.

To all the women who think you like video games: go brush a pony.

Edit: To be clear, I was being sarcastic. My wife plays D3. I just think that all of the rhetoric on the forums about being a real man and comparing d!ck sizes is silly.
Edited by Sunshine#1222 on 11/18/2012 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Eventually your character will die. Stop playing now if you are going to cry here when that eventually dies. Wether it dies to a bug, dc or any other reason it will die so quit now if you can't handle that like a man. That way we can be spared your tears.

The point of the post may have gone over a couple of heads. I am aware of the fact, I signed up for HC so death will always be at the next corner. The purpose of this thread was finding out a way to circumvent a rather unintended situation (for both the developer and player), given that i was out of the d3 scene for a couple of months people may have had ways for which to work around the bug i have encountered. Do note that i did not even hint that i felt that my impending HC death was unfair, i was simply asking if there were others with similar encounters and have found a way to work around it rather than crying BAWWWW BLIZZ KILLED ME W/ BUG GIEB ME EZIER HC NAOO

Curious how the community treats each other here like they have to prove something to each other by calling out nubs and HCrybabies.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Cuddlepaws
Curious how the community treats each other here like they have to prove something to each other by calling out nubs and HCrybabies.

When I first switched over to HC, the people on the forums were almost all incredibly nice and supportive. I'm not sure what changed, but lately about half the posts are people either being mean or bragging. (My post above was not meant as a shot at you - I wanted to make fun of the silly gender normative comment that the person who trolled you made).

Try not to let it get to you. It's what they want. What they do is more about satisfying some need that they have than it is about anything you say.

There are also people around here who will help you. I don't know him, but from reading the forums, the Bryan fellow who offered to help you seems like a real class act.
Reply Quote
It's all fine, i'm just rather disappointed how low people go on the internet when we're all talking about a game. Forum trolls seem to be bent on harassing over every minor detail that i can't even post a neutral question without being flakked by nub/crymoar/l2play/

It's like i never left /b/,/v/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]