Diablo® III

Obvious Trifecta Tal Rasha Duping

Posted in general chat but figured it was worth posting here too, since it would be Wizards who are looking to buy these dupes.

Search for Trifecta Tal Rasha Allegiance in the RMAH. There are only 2 listed, with the EXACT SAME 6 rolls:

Both 5% to lightning dmg (1/12 chance of that)
Both identical int (1/110 chance of that)
Both identical vit (1/91 chance of that)
Both identical crit hit dmg (1/5 chance of that)
Both identical crit hit chance (1/11 chance of that)
Both identical IAS (1/5 chance of that)

So, of ONLY TRIFECTA TAL RASHA AMULETS, the chance of having two identical ones should be:

1/12*1/110*1/91*1/5*1/11*1/5 = .00000003027

This means, OF TRIFECTA ROLLED TAL RASHA'S AMULETS, you would expect to see two identical ones with every 33,036,009 rolled. Who knows what the chance of even rolling a trifecta tal rasha i when you get one (someone has to figure out the chance of rolling IAS + crit chance given any two random properties), but essentially you would expect to see over 33 million trifecta tal amulets on the AH before seeing two identical ones like this.

I'm calling dupe. Blizzard should be banning botters and dupers every day, not this stupid wave approach.
Reply Quote
View profile
Thats actually awesome odds compared to rare dupe where you have to get name right too. possible..
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/18/2012 6:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Its more likely rollbacks. And some peolel genuinely do get hacked. So no suprise theres lots of doubles around.

When more than 2 start appearing.. I call duping... or an efficient rollback syndicate.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Aimless
Thats actually awesome odds compared to rare dupe where you have to get name right too. possible..

The name part is true, so I get what you're saying. What I definitely want to emphasize and make clear though is that this is not a one in 36 million Tal Rasha Amulets odds, its a one in 36 million TRIFECTA rolled Tal Rasha Amulet odds. I'm guessing that equates to something like 3.6 Billion Tal Rasha Amulets identified to get 36 million Trifecta ones.
Reply Quote
Its more likely rollbacks. And some peolel genuinely do get hacked. So no suprise theres lots of doubles around.

When more than 2 start appearing.. I call duping... or an efficient rollback syndicate.

And to add to this there is or was a bug that I noticed where I get one particular rare and get another one within a minute or so and it's the exact same item. I've had this happen a few times last awhile ago. There are streamers who mentioned this a few times and this could happen to leg/set too I guess.

If I see 3 or more then I would be certain it's intentional duping.
Reply Quote
There were actually 3 of these. 2 on the RMAH for ~$250 each, and 1 on the AH for 1bil. The one on the AH disappeared, though, so maybe someone bought it.
Reply Quote
HA im glad someone else noticed this. this morning it was 245 for awhile then another came up for 250 then the 245 disappeared then a 230 came up. now another one is up at 190. its actually a good deal. lol
Edited by HELLING#1679 on 11/18/2012 8:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
dupes don't matter if they're still insanely priced ._.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/18/2012 08:59 PMPosted by pichapiegal
dupes don't matter if they're still insanely priced ._.

agreed. (besides the whole unfair part) but if anything they just make the less OMG GFG items a little more affordable for the rest of us. so unless i roll one, i wont be worrying about the prices of anything like this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]