Diablo® III

How to stop PvP being a money fight

So I've seen a ton of threads about how pvp is going to be pointless because dual-wield ww credit cards is op, and this isn't a very imaginative idea, but it seems plausible. So here goes.

1. Add a new "Found by you" stat to every item which only you can see. Put the tag next to or above where the "unique equipped" line is.

2. You can only PvP if all your gear was found by you.

Top end gear would still sell on rmah and ah like it does now, seeing as the only use it currently has is improving farm speed.
Reply Quote
So I've seen a ton of threads about how pvp is going to be pointless because dual-wield ww credit cards is op, and this isn't a very imaginative idea, but it seems plausible. So here goes.

1. Add a new "Found by you" stat to every item which only you can see. Put the tag next to or above where the "unique equipped" line is.

2. You can only PvP if all your gear was found by you.

Top end gear would still sell on rmah and ah like it does now, seeing as the only use it currently has is improving farm speed.

Meh i dont agree, i dont believe blizzard will ever allow us to be able to find good items fast enough honestly.
Reply Quote
that sounds like a really awful idea
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 02:25 AMPosted by NeLLy
Meh i dont agree, i dont believe blizzard will ever allow us to be able to find good items fast enough honestly.

Ah but without the ah the standard for "good" will be so much lower. Instead of needing 1b+ items in every slot to be competitive, decent items with a few outstanding drops will be the norm. The dagger on my barb would probably be the best offhand I've ever found, even without a socket, and a 200vit cc cd ammy I sold would be pretty decent in a game with no ah.
Reply Quote
no. just no.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 02:17 AMPosted by Mauzn
dual-wield ww credit cards is op

Just like it is in every situation in real life, money is op needs a nerf.
Reply Quote
@providence and bele, thanks for the constructive feedback, always appreciated.
Edited by Mauzn#1849 on 11/19/2012 2:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Eww, bad idea.
Reply Quote
While I see where you're coming from, these solutions won't help since majority of the people who are going to be remotely competitive in PvP most likely did not find their own gear and with the current system set up its pretty clear why this is.

I don't think you should worry about it too much lol, you'll probably be matched up with people with similar gear than you. Unless you have some gg gear, you won't see many of the cashed out characters in PvP matching, I'm hoping =P.
Edited by IronGuy#1533 on 11/19/2012 2:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Dual wielding credit cards still gives you the ability to make a better magic finder, and thus, able to find pvp items more quickly than others. So your problem isn't exactly solved here.

Here's a better system:

We have pvp-only items. The only way to get these items is by buying them from a shop with "duel credits". The only way to earn duel credits is by winning duels.

Every account starts with 100 duel credits so they can start their character off with basic gear (white daggers, etc.)

We would also have pvp-only items drop off players that you kill, as if you're "finding" them (pvp would be considered 'farming' for items and duel credits). Paragon levels would give you "pvp item MF", and would be the only source. (That way we'd still have PvP motivations to farm in PvM, i.e. paragon levels.) There would be a PvP-only AH, where you can only trade PvP items, and the currency is Duel Credits.
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 11/19/2012 2:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 02:35 AMPosted by Providence

11/19/2012 02:37 AMPosted by Bele
no. just no.

11/19/2012 02:41 AMPosted by Chillaxin
Eww, bad idea.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 02:40 AMPosted by SWAV
dual-wield ww credit cards is op

Just like it is in every situation in real life, money is op needs a nerf.

hahaha nice one, time to nerf money looool. i like it...except for when i have it, but since right now i'm a little on the poor side yeah lets go nerf the monetary system in RL i'm game lol.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 02:42 AMPosted by Bottle
Dual wielding credit cards still gives you the ability to make a better magic finder, and thus, able to find pvp items more quickly than others. So your problem isn't exactly solved here.

Of course it doesn't solve the problem completely, but it is much harder to pull ahead by a great amount if your only advantage is the mf on your gear. This is assuming the current game state where optimum looting happens while face rolling mp0.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 02:45 AMPosted by shndany

no. just no.

Eww, bad idea.

I love all these logical posts, thanks for letting me know exactly what's wrong with my idea.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 02:49 AMPosted by Mauzn

Of course it doesn't solve the problem completely, but it is much harder to pull ahead by a great amount if your only advantage is the mf on your gear. This is assuming the current game state where optimum looting happens while face rolling mp0.

not really.

Your system would make it much harder to get ahead because the deciding factor is simply luck in whether or not you find good gear. Face it. Some people will be insanely lucky, but the majority of the players will not be lucky.

The current system, while a complete joke, is open to everyone. Buying the top percentile gear will cost you just a little over 100 dollars, and the paramount only 400-600. Thats anywhere from 2-8 full days work at mcdonalds
Reply Quote
not really.

Your system would make it much harder to get ahead because the deciding factor is simply luck in whether or not you find good gear. Face it. Some people will be insanely lucky, but the majority of the players will not be lucky.

The current system, while a complete joke, is open to everyone. Buying the top percentile gear will cost you just a little over 100 dollars, and the paramount only 400-600. Thats anywhere from 2-8 full days work at mcdonalds

How many pieces of gear are godly enough to carry a decent set up to godly? And how many players would rather sell that piece of godly gear off for $$$ and remove said godly gear from pvp?
Reply Quote
not really.

How many pieces of gear are godly enough to carry a decent set up to godly? And how many players would rather sell that piece of godly gear off for $$$ and remove said godly gear from pvp?

i dunno, 6?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking or what you're trying to elude too
Reply Quote
All I can say is: trust in your pimp hand over credit card dual wielders.
Reply Quote
i dunno, 6?

As in sure luck will play a difference, but being lucky enough to get 2 godly items is rare enough, nobody will be so extremely lucky to make every duel a non-contest.
Reply Quote
i dunno, 6?

As in sure luck will play a difference, but being lucky enough to get 2 godly items is rare enough, nobody will be so extremely lucky to make every duel a non-contest.

reexamine your scope.

sure maybe 10 out of 100,000 people will find a full arsenal of godly gear. but maybe 100 will find half an arsenal. 1,000 will find a quarter arsenal and 90,000 players will find maybe 1-2 pieces of godly gear with the rest of their gear ranging from bad to good. then there's going to be whatevers left of people who find absolutely nothing.

The main issue is that you are devolving the game into nothing more than luck. If there's one thing people hate, it's random reward frequency. If you tell people that the only way for them to competitively PvP is to find their own gear, a lot of them simply aren't even going to attempt it simply because drop rates are so ludicrous.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]