Diablo® III

Contribute 1 tip for staying alive in HC

(Sticky)

remember to put your new potions on your bar as you upgrade them.

died at level 56 when i had a vortex/desecrate mob that gripped me back in, i went to pot up, and sadly they were the old pots on my bar that i had replaced :[
Reply Quote
be very careful where you open up skill/inventory menu's. I died once on normal (A3) because I opened up the skill menu while standing just a tad to close to the flames :P
Reply Quote
If you encounter any lag at all, just log off.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I know this is a very old thread, but the advice is sound, and this should be visible for everyone. I'm reviving this thread and making it a sticky.
Reply Quote
Wow, this is the first thing to get stickied..... /facepalm

Will

Edit: Maybe this could be good if a Mod went through the entire topic, picked the few pieces of good advice that are hard to find in here, put them all in one post, and stickied it. That may then be useful. But, I always hate having to read through many pages of a topic to get what could be summed up in one post.
Edited by Noose#1377 on 5/31/2013 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Never fight in small or narrow areas; kite mobs to a big open area whenever possible.
Reply Quote
Lol, I fail on the very first piece of advice in the first post. I've been playing on a wireless mouse/keyboard. Oh well.
Edited by Poxy#1672 on 5/31/2013 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you have children, and they are looking for some attention, pause or leave the game immediately, they can be very distracting, I found that out the hard way. LOL

Be safe,
Windigo
Reply Quote
Farm. Get to inferno and plan on a very long stay in act 1. Belial is just down the road a act and you KNOW that you want to be OP when you face him. \

Besides act 1 inferno is GREAT for generating gold. I run cemetary for 3-4 elites, festering for the next 3-4 and then get a good 4-5 on fields (including key warden.) It's a quick run that produces lots of xp and wealth.
Reply Quote
[only 1 tip per person]
- Never use a wireless mouse / keyboard

Argument invalid.

Started Hardcore one week ago. Beat it one week ago, wireless mouse, wireless keyboard. Easy peasy. Now the game has no more incentive for me.

Anyway my tip for not dying would be don't get surrounded.
Reply Quote
Ummm we can see your profile.

You haven't even beaten inferno in softcore and you have no hardcore characters.
Reply Quote
The problem with a wireless keyboard / mouse is that if the battery dies - you die.
Edited by Fisheye#2681 on 6/1/2013 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Snap out of being over-confident (at any point of time)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]