Diablo® III

Contribute 1 tip for staying alive in HC

(Sticky)

Make sure your local net & ISP is as solid as you can make it (hardwire, not wifi, if you can, etc)
Reply Quote
Look outside, aka don't play during a thunderstorm. (Lightning strike power outage death. hazzah)
Reply Quote
If you haven't played in a while, then go back to Hell while relearning your build instead of playing Inferno.
Reply Quote
Remove Windows Key or invest in a keyboard that lets you disable it (like Logitech gaming boards).
Reply Quote
If your taking hits your undergeared
Reply Quote
Don't play drunk.
Reply Quote
At the first sign of lag, stop. Don't tell yourself "just one more elite"
Reply Quote
When playing for the first time during a day, go really slowly for the first 5-10 mins until you get your timing back & get the feel of things. This is especially important if like me, you like to run all 6 classes. A high % of my lost chars happened in the first 10 mins.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 11:28 AMPosted by smurfynz
Remove Windows Key or invest in a keyboard that lets you disable it (like Logitech gaming boards).

Among many reasons, this is why I love gaming keyboards. Currently using a Razer Black Widow, but I have owned at one point in time most of the high-end gaming keyboards (I'm always searching for something that feels better)

Anyways.... I had a long list of questions I ask myself when I design builds, but then realized it comes down to one thing:

You should build a character that fits your personality. For instance, although I find it "boring" to some extent, I much prefer to have a control/tank style of pet WD to a sacrifice WD. Since I was trying to play outside of my playstyle I died when in an extremely bad situation because I was uncomfortable and just did not know what to do. If you design a build around your personality/preference instead of being "cookie-cutterish" you are much more likely to understand what to do in the heat fo the moment. There are no mulligans to learn from in HC, so play a style that fits "you" not FotM.
Reply Quote
when there is no other choice, run through arcane enchant the opposite direction it is turning to take less ticks of dmg.
Reply Quote
dont farm ubers until confident in your ability
Reply Quote
Dont play while holding your kid.

Ex: Ate a azmodan fireball to the grill because of this haha.
Edited by HOLDMADDD#1377 on 11/19/2012 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Never leave your toon unattended while there are children around.
ps
the windows key did me in as well.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 11:54 AMPosted by rexgoliath
don't play drunk

Heh.

I somewhat object to this because playing drunk can be fun. It's perfect advice for a main, though. If you like to play drunk, though, reserve a character for only that and know that that character has a higher death probability ;)

(When I've had a couple and want to play I tend to run my DH)
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 11/19/2012 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
1) If you have skype, make sure to change your status to "do not disturb". Otherwise receiving a call will take focus away during a fight similar to hitting the windows key.

2) Disable sticky keys (pressing Shift 5 times). If you don't know how to turn it off, press it 5 times really fast then select the option to setup sticky keys. Make sure to uncheck "Turn On Sticky keys when shift is pressed five times".

3) +1 on the windows key. If you have a Microsoft keyboard, download the software for it from Microsoft.com and then customize it so that windows key does nothing while in D3.
Reply Quote
-Make friends with other HC players (this is for surviving the overall use of HC mode, as opposed to the survival of a single toon).
Reply Quote
Don't play when it's really hot. I had my computer shut down from overheating while playing Diablo. :S
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]