Diablo® III

Contribute 1 tip for staying alive in HC

(Sticky)

Don't get surrounded at the coner like a noob!
Reply Quote
Cat + on/off power switch in surge protector do not mix. This was from back in d2 days but rip 92 necromancer.
Edited by Osirisis#1959 on 11/20/2012 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Leave the game when the lag starts and take a break. Only game on a solid, stable connection.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Bigtabasco
Always leave an escape route.

This is by far the most important and easy tip.

I will add to that, GET MOVE SPEED on at least 1 item. with an escape route and move speed of 12% or higher it is so easy to just run when things get bad.
Reply Quote
Here's something most won't suggest. If your interest is surviving, I suggest getting attached to your hero. Most say avoid getting attached, because it will die eventually. While this is true, if you care about your hero, then you're going to take less risks automatically. At least, that's how I work.
Reply Quote
1. Your Build is Critical. Don't think that stacking 2 Primary Skills is strange (Example: Chain Gang and Bola on the Demon Hunter or Cleave and Frenzy). Find out what synergy best fits YOU.
2. Life Per Hit>% converted per hit. Unless you're Chain Critting for 900k.
3. Dodge Rate is better than blocking. You can effectively continue attacking with dodge and stacking stats while Blocking is based on the item stat alone.
4. Damage Stacking: You're Core Damage Stat>Item Stat. Though the Item stat IS Important for higher Critical and base damage if you have an item with a Higher Core stat than Item Damage and the "Damage" is green to a higher DPS item...go with the green.
5. Go with the green (Unless the magical effects are better by an acceptable margin: Anything over 9% assisting statistics.)
6. OUTSIDE of the game:
Eat Well
Sleep Well
Get outside and socialize a bit
Play other games as to avoid obsession with D3
7. Respect others in General Chat. Item Trades can assist in cutting trade deals and partying up.
Reply Quote
Something I dont think anyone has said yet, If this is your first character, dont leave act 1 till your 25 or so. Adapt your character skills and ready yourself by slowing your role down. Also, you can mf and find some goodies.. but use the AH as well..
Reply Quote
Frozen = no good, dont underestimate it in all circumstances
Reply Quote
Whenever clicking on someone's banner, have your finger already over the button to cast "Spirit Walk" or any similar skill that can break you out of freeze/root/etc. If you lag while teleporting in, start hitting the button repeatedly.

Also, bind "move" to the spacebar, so that you can run by holding down the space bar and moving the cursor. If surrounded, you don't want to accidentally click "attack" when you really want to run.
Edited by Kinbote#1712 on 11/20/2012 11:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Overgear/overlevel as much as you possibly can at all times.
Reply Quote
LOH - saved me a dozen of times.
Reply Quote
Softcore builds will get you killed in HC.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 10:00 AMPosted by GLHF
Here's something most won't suggest. If your interest is surviving, I suggest getting attached to your hero. Most say avoid getting attached, because it will die eventually. While this is true, if you care about your hero, then you're going to take less risks automatically. At least, that's how I work.

I actually agree with this, but I get ticked after losing a game in NCAA/Madden. Whatever I am doing at the moment (gaming, sports, etc...) I just cannot accept failure, so I always play with somewhat of an edge.

Edit: Except in Starcraft, I just accept defeat since I am just plain bad at Starcraft =p
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 11/20/2012 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]