Diablo® III

Botting does affect my gameplay

People who say bots don't affect them are just... ignorant.
Reply Quote
no offense tc.... but you have negative way of thinking... the bot does not physically alter your game in any way.... you forget that most bots bot for business not for pleasure.... you really think they bot to have fun?

This is not true at all. Bots make it impossible to actually farm enough gold to buy something. Items cost hundreds of millions of gold only because of how much botted gold is out there. This requires you to find good items in order to break into the market, so if RNG does not smile on you, you're SOL.
Reply Quote
no offense tc.... but you have negative way of thinking... the bot does not physically alter your game in any way.... you forget that most bots bot for business not for pleasure.... you really think they bot to have fun?

This is not true at all. Bots make it impossible to actually farm enough gold to buy something. Items cost hundreds of millions of gold only because of how much botted gold is out there. This requires you to find good items in order to break into the market, so if RNG does not smile on you, you're SOL.

This... But for some reason all the fanboi's/botters/brown nosers dont see it.

Kinda simple really... Hard to think they cant understand it.
Reply Quote
Because while I am playing the game my thoughts in my mind are going like this:

"Why am I doing this"
"There are robots able to play longer hours and find more things than me"
"This is pointless"
"It's not a level playing field, I can't ever catch up to them"
"I can never hope to have the powerful gear of a botter"
"what's the point of me gaining a paragon level, a botter just gained ten while he was asleep"
"Im never gonna be able to compete in Arena... I don't have access to unlimited funds like a botter"
"This is a waste of time"

I don't know about you, but that stuff constantly running through my mind destroys any actual fun that I am having experiencing in the game.

Also just thinking about the symbiotic relationship between botters and Blizzard via the use of RMAH is sickening to me.

You put too much emphasis of competitiveness in a game that's not even competitive. What Joe Blow botter has for gear has nothing to do with you, nor his paragon level. I do believe Blizzard is setting up arena matches to be gear based, so that's no issue. Did you have this issue with Diablo 2?

11/19/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Deadlysynz
Drives the prices up on items by inflating billions of gold into the economy. All the unlucky people who find squat it affects because they now will definitely not be able to afford any items.

Actually, no, not really. Prices on a non-ladder system will continually drop until no one needs any more items. Demand is always falling while more and more people are gearing up. Hence why mediocre items are very cheap now. Eventually (although not for a long time) godly gear will also become cheap because more and more people will have it.

People were asking 2 billion for godly items a week into the game.

11/19/2012 08:07 PMPosted by zeroxxx
People who say bots don't affect them are just... ignorant.

Oh? I play in private games with friends. I haven't used the AH in a long time. I couldn't care less about being competitive with other people's gear. I don't get my excitement from gear drops by hitting the bid/buyout button on the AH.

So, explain to me what effect a random botter has on me. Please sir, cure my ignorance.
Edited by Yura#2182 on 11/19/2012 9:13 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]